Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[how to][tutorial] Blessed release set up guide

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
ok, i wanted to make this guide because im a newbie to all this stuff and it took me a few days in searching how to set up a server the correct way. i followed many guides and most of them were in other languages. but i finally got my 1st server up using kitballards guide. the reason i made this guide was to help newbies like myself get the blessed Flyff up and running.
i double spaced and changed the text to a bigger size becuase its much easier to read.

first things first: you will need to download the following:

Visual Studio 2003:

MSSQL:

All in One database:

Blessed source:

Blessed server files:

Rain client:

resource hacker :

GM commands :
INSATLL VS 2003
1. First you will need to Download and install VS 2003. i had tried to install it on a windows 7 pc but had compatibility issues so you will need to install it on a windows xp OS.

2. install all the VS 2003 libraries

3. install VS 2003 service pack 1 ( google it)
install MSSQL 2005
1. download MSSQL 2005. i had tried to install the server on a xp system but i could not open odbc. so its best to install on a windows 7 OS.

2. accept agreement hit next.

3. system check prerequisites, hit next

4. configuration check. its ok to have warning but must not have errors. if all good hit next.

5. registration info. you can but whatever you want in these fields. uncheck hide advanced config options. hit next

6. feature selection. i install everything just to be safe. hit next.

7. instance name. you may put whatever you like here but remember what you put because you will need the instance name later. lets use Flyff as the instance name for this guide. hit next.

8. Service Account. hit next.

9. Authentication mode. use windows authentication mode. hit next

10. Collation Settings. hit next.

11. configuration options check, add user to SQL server administration role. hit next.

12. error and useage report settings hit next.

13. Install hit install and wait for it to install. hit next.

14. Finishedhit finish.
SETTING UP THE DATABASE
1. open MSSQL and connect. to connect to the server the server name should be "your PC's nameinstance name" so it would be for this guide "computerNameFlyff". hit connect.

2. you will notice that there are no queries added to the database yet. click open file and fine and open the AiO-Database-by-Sedrika.sql file.

3. once opened a bunch of code will appear. hit execute. the first time you execute the code it will have many errors. thats ok. wait till its done.

4. once the 1st execution has finished. click on the dropdown menu at the top left and put it to master. and execute the code again. you will still have some errors but thats ok.

5. close the program and reopen. you would now notice a bunch of databases named CHARACTER_01_DBF, LOGGING_01_DBF, ACCOUNT_DBF, RANING_DBF, in the database folder.
SETTING UP THE ACCOUNTS CODE
1. expand Databases by click the + next to Databases

2. right click ACCOUNT_DBF and select new query.

3. copy and paste this code to the new query (make sure its in the ACCOUNT_DBF database but looking at the dropdown menu.)
Code:
SET ANSI_NULLS ON
GO
SET QUOTED_IDENTIFIER ON
GO
CREATE PROCEDURE [dbo].[createaccount] 
@account VARCHAR(15),
@password VARCHAR(32)

AS

SET NOCOUNT ON

DECLARE @DateActivated AS CHAR(8)

IF NOT EXISTS (SELECT account FROM ACCOUNT_TBL WHERE account = @account) BEGIN
INSERT INTO ACCOUNT_TBL (account, [password], id_no2, isuse, member, realname) 
VALUES (@account, @password, @password, 'T', 'A', 'F')

SET @DateActivated = CONVERT(CHAR(8), GETDATE()-1, 112 ) --Is the date today - 1
--UPDATE ACCOUNT_TBL_DETAIL SET BlockTime = @DateYesterday WHERE account = @userid 
--INSERT INTO ACCOUNT_TBL_DETAIL (account, gamecode, tester, m_chLoginAuthority, regdate, BlockTime, EndTime, WebTime, isuse)
-- VALUES (@account, 'A000', '2', 'F', GETDATE(), '20990101', '20990101', '20050101', 'O')

INSERT INTO ACCOUNT_TBL_DETAIL (account, gamecode, tester, m_chLoginAuthority, regdate, BlockTime, EndTime, WebTime, isuse)
VALUES (@account, 'A000', '2', 'F', GETDATE(), @DateActivated, '20990101', '20050101', 'O')

END
5. hit execute. it should run successfully with no errors.
CREATING A LOGIN ACCOUNT WITH USER NAME AND PASSWORD
1. right click the ACCOUNT_DBF and add new query.

2. copy and paste this code in the query.
Code:
USE [ACCOUNT_DBF]
GO

DECLARE @return_value int

EXEC @return_value = [dbo].[createaccount]
@account = N'user',
@password = N'pass in md5(serus+pass)'

SELECT 'Return Value' = @return_value

GO
3. now add a user name that you want in between the single quotes 'user'.

4. to create a password you will need to use MD5 hash heres the link. Salt Hashing password link:

5. in the $String box on the MD5 website type patom+passowrd and click run. should look like this if your using the password kabbage (patomkabbage).

6. int he results you will see a long number that looks like this 8d17235151cd4884c3596115a1d7d966, this is your hash password copy it and paste it in between the single quotes in the password section.

7. execute the code. it should run successfully with no errors.

8. make sure it worked by expanding the ACCOUNT_BDF, then expand the Table folder and right click dbo.ACCOUNT_TBL and click open table. a table will pop up with a single entry with your username and password along with other information. do the same thnig in the dbo.ACCOUNT_TBL_DETAIL to check if your account info is there.
ODBC SET UP
1. run odbc

2. a window will pop with the heading " ODBC Date Source Administrator"

3. click Add.

4. select SQL Native Client. click finish

5. in the name text box type character01

6. in the server text box type your server name (computernameFlyff) or whatever you called your server. click next

7. click next again.

8. check the "change the default database to:" and change it to CHARACTER_01_DBF and click next.

9. click finish and test to see if it work correctly.

10. repeat steps 3-9 using using the follow.

character01 = CHARACTER_01_DBF
log01 = LOGGING_01_DBF
login = ACCOUNT_DBF
ranking = RANING_DBF

*you should understand what is going on in the above its self explanatory.*
SETTING UP THE SERVER FILES
1. used Blessed server files and extract them some place. C:Flyff. you will need to use paths to point to folders so dont place it someplace where u cant find it :O::lol:

2. once its done extracting go to the script folder and open.

3. open DatabaseServer.ini using notepad or whatever text editor youe using.

4. at the top line you will see ResourceFolder. type in the file path pointing to your resource folder in between the quotes. ie "C:FlyffBlessed FlyffResource"

5. down at the bottom of the DatabaseeServer.ini you will see 4 code likes that are

Code:
DB_PWD_LOG 
DB_PWD_CHARACTER 
DB_PWD_BACKEND 
DB_PWD_ITEMUPDATE

put your database instance name in between the quotes in all 4 parts. remeber we used Flyff as our database instanse name
will look like this when done

Code:
DB_PWD_LOG	"Flyff"
DB_PWD_CHARACTER	"Flyff"
DB_PWD_BACKEND	"Flyff"
DB_PWD_ITEMUPDATE	"Flyff"

6. save and close the file

7. now open up the WorldServer.ini files

8. again in the ResourceFolder line at the top point to your resource folder just like in step 4.

9. save and close the file.

10. back in the root of Blessed Flyff open the Program folder. you wil see a bunch of .ini files

11. open AccountServer.ini

12. change the passwords in BD_PWD_LOGIN and DB_PWD_LOG to your server instance name will look like this when done.

Code:
DB_PWD_LOGIN			"Flyff"
DB_PWD_LOG			"Flyff"

13. save and close file.

14. open CacheServer.ini and change the Port to 15400

15. save and close.

16. open Certifier.ini

17. change the DSN_NAME_LOGIN line to login, and the DB_PWD_LOGIN to your database instance name, will look like this when done.

Code:
DSN_NAME_LOGIN	"login"
DB_PWD_LOGIN	"Flyff"

18. save and close.

19. open launcher.ini

20. change the lpCurrentDirectory to point to your program file, and change the lpApplicationName to point the CoreServer.exe file in the program file. will look like this when done.

Code:
lpCurrentDirectory              = "C:FlyffBlessed FlyffProgram"
lpApplicationName		= "C:FlyffBlessed FlyffProgramCoreServer.exe"

21. save and close.

all the files are now configured correctly.
SETTING UP THE CLIENT FILES
1. extract the rain client files starting with 01 and the rest of the 8 will auto unpack.

2. once done unpacking go back to the Blessed Flyff folder and open resource folder. copy the World and Model folders by right clicking/copy.

3. go back to the rain flyff client folder and paste the World and model folders there. move and replace all files.

COMPILING THE CODE
before you compile you will have to make some changes to the source.

edit NeuzMsgProc.cpp

1. in the source folder search for the file NeuzMsgProc.cpp and open it.

2. press ctrl F to fine and search the word "lock neuz". you will see code that looks like this.

Code:
/* lock Neuz */
	//lstrcpy( g_Neuz.m_lpCertifierAddr, "122.80.54.101" ); //decoy
	//lstrcpy( g_Neuz.m_lpCertifierAddr, "108.180.190.50" );//decoy
	//lstrcpy( g_Neuz.m_lpCertifierAddr, "122.52.179.57" );//decoy
	lstrcpy( g_Neuz.m_lpCertifierAddr, "127.0.0.1" ); // Local Test
	//lstrcpy( g_Neuz.m_lpCertifierAddr, "192.168.1.5" ); // Online Test

3. make it look exactlty like this. comment out the decoys and Online Test lines. ( the online test line if for putting the server online so other people can connect, we are just doing a local server, where only you can login. if you want to put it online uncomment the Online Test and put in your public IP address).

4. save and close the file.
edit AccountServer.cpp
1. search and open the file AccountServer.cpp.

2. search the word "lock Accountserver. you will see code that looks like this.

Code:
strcpy( pServer->lpName, "BlessedV18");
strcpy( pServer->lpAddr, "127.0.0.1" ); // lock AccountServer
//strcpy( pServer->lpAddr, "192.168.1.5" ); // lock AccountServer

3. i commented out the last line so make it look exactly like mine. ( i am still new to this but this is how i got mine to work).

4. save and close the file.
Compile the code
1. use this guild to compile your code using VS 2003 pro
http://forum.ragezone.com/f724/image-heavy-compile-source-783908/

2. once your code is compile ( and it will compile with no errors). navigate to the output folder and copy the folowing files.

1-AcountServer.exe
2-DatabaseServer.exe
3-CoreServer.exe
4-CacheServer.exe
5-Certifier.exe
6-LoginServer.exe
7-WorldServer.exe

(note) i even copied the 6-LoginServer.ilk, just to be safe.
3. paste these 8 files in the Blessed Flyff program folder.

4. in the output folder navigate to Neuz\NoGameguard and find the Neuz.exe file.

5. copy the Neuz.exe file and paste it in the rain Flyff client folder. move and replace the old Neuz.exe file in the client.
USING Reource Hacker
now you should not have to make any changes using the hack but its nice to have and to make sure your ports match.

1. open the Neuz.exe that you copied to the rain Flyff client folder. a bunch of files will show up.

2. expand the String Table file then expand the 1 files and click 1042 file, code will show up that looks like this.

Code:
STRINGTABLE
LANGUAGE LANG_KOREAN, 0x1
{
1, 	"AKERIUS PROPERTY"
2, 	"1"
3, 	"0"
4, 	"1"
5, 	"1"
6, 	"20070712"
7, 	"15400"
8, 	"5000"
9, 	"5"
10, 	"1252"
11, 	"0"
}

3. line 7 should already be set to 15400. so dont do anything here. this set may be useless but its nice to know.

(if line 7 is not at 15400 change it, press compile Script)
Unpack the Patch files
1. go to rain client and unpack the Patchfiles.7z file. overwrite all.
OPEN PORTS
1. open ports 15400, 23000, and 28000
now the fun part getting to play the game
1. go the the blessed Flyff server files and open Program folder.

2. open and minimize the following .exe files in order.

1-AcountServer.exe
2-DatabaseServer.exe
3-CoreServer.exe
4-CacheServer.exe
5-Certifier.exe
6-LoginServer.exe
7-WorldServer.exe

( they should all open with no errors)

(if you have errors please post them here and maybe someone will help, i myself and too new to this to fix errors. you can also check the Blessed release forum post for solutions).

3. go to the rain flyff client folder and double click the Neuz.exe file.

4. now you should be able to login to the game. if not check all the steps in this guide.
Credits, thanx to

Akerius - for releasing the server and source files.

anth0ny989 - for uploading and editing the client files

kitballard - for uploading and linking MSSQL, resource hacker, GM commands, All in One Database file, and the md5 website. and double thanx to her for getting my 1st server up and running.

Intelligence- for the link to the VS 2003 file

SlingShot- for helping me solve my problem on getting the Blessed Flyff running.

FilixXx - for the guide on how to compile the code

and thanx to everyone else for posting help and suggestions on how to fix errors and problem.

as i learn more i will make more guides on how to do things.
thanx again everyone.
peace:tongue:

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Re: Blessed release set up guide (how to)

i hope the help section will not flood from now on about how to set-up a flyff private server :D

you've done pretty well.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Re: Blessed release set up guide (how to)

Nice guide and sure lots of 'em will be spoonfeeded. :3
Very detailed and I'm sure it took you some effort to it, you even provided links. :w00t:

I wouldn't be shocked after a few days or weeks, lots of new pservers will emerge using the source provided by Akerius.
But seems unfair to those newbies whom searched a lot and took great effort on finding the files needed and so on, but life's like that. :)

Anyways helpful tut. :thumbup1:

ps. idk if warez links are allowed? :?:

Now you can tag me!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Wow it's long.

I won't read it, as I already know it. But it looks very nice. Good job. Finally the threads about the blessed source may stop. It have annoyed me since it was released.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Wow it's long.

I won't read it, as I already know it. But it looks very nice. Good job. Finally the threads about the blessed source may stop. It have annoyed me since it was released.

lol yeah they prolly wont stop because im a major contributor of dumb questions on blessed release post. but hey im learning. and with everything i learn i will make tuts for them to help others who would like to learn aswell. about to make a new tut now

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I got a problem, i uninstalled MySQL then when i installing it says like on your video like this:
RynoKabbage - [how to][tutorial] Blessed release set up guide - RaGEZONE Forums

So how can i resolve this problem?(I'm asking this because i installed my server unto my cousin's Laptop, the big problem is i'm going to college i can't manage it when i'm away from my cousin and he got to work too, please help. Thank you in Advance)

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I got a problem, i uninstalled MySQL then when i installing it says like on your video like this:
RynoKabbage - [how to][tutorial] Blessed release set up guide - RaGEZONE Forums

So how can i resolve this problem?(I'm asking this because i installed my server unto my cousin's Laptop, the big problem is i'm going to college i can't manage it when i'm away from my cousin and he got to work too, please help. Thank you in Advance)

did u make sure that all the files that are insatlled with MySQL are uninstalled? that might be the problem.

Loyal Member
Reaction score
This guide are very helpful. But theres only one problem. Get ready, because this thread will return to a newbie central. As ShadowDragon42 said at max98 thread ;p!!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
did u make sure that all the files that are insatlled with MySQL are uninstalled? that might be the problem.

Can you post some pics, or send me a message where all the things that needed to be deleted. thanks in advance

Loyal Member
Reaction score
Can you post some pics, or send me a message where all the things that needed to be deleted. thanks in advance

Lexusgray, here you go. But anyways delete all this that shows in picture. :)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Lexusgray, here you go. But anyways delete all this that shows in picture. :)

About that I've already done that then did the installing part, the only way to install MySQL again is to reformat my laptop and that's not the best way.

i need more info. thanks in advance and thanks btw for the help:laugh:

Loyal Member
Reaction score
About that I've already done that then did the installing part, the only way to install MySQL again is to reformat my laptop and that's not the best way.

i need more info. thanks in advance and thanks btw for the help:laugh:

I had that problem before. Any I tryed to reinstall my computer, and it worked. But just save your files to a flash drive and reinstall, and follow the guide how to install mssql. :eek:tt1:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I had that problem before. Any I tryed to reinstall my computer, and it worked. But just save your files to a flash drive and reinstall, and follow the guide how to install mssql. :eek:tt1:

I didn't understand what you've just typed :)

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I cant run successful tests in the ODBC. And I cant get past the How should the SQL Server verify the authenticity of the Login ID, unlesss I uncheck the Connect to SQL Server box. Help me plox :(

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I cant run successful tests in the ODBC. And I cant get past the How should the SQL Server verify the authenticity of the Login ID, unlesss I uncheck the Connect to SQL Server box. Help me plox :(

u can use either windows auth or the other. if u use windows auth then your DB PW that u use for your server files would be the instance name. if u used the other auth. then sa would be login and w/e your pw is. try re-installing the datbase using the exact method i described in the tutorial.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
installing VS.NE 2003 is a big pain in the @ss xD

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
as i learn more i will make more guides on how to do things.
thanx again everyone.
peace:tongue:

Why is there a fatal error in the VS.NET compilation..
Neuz fatal error C1033: cannot open program database :$:

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Why is there a fatal error in the VS.NET compilation..
Neuz fatal error C1033: cannot open program database :$:

must be doing something wrong, because the code compiles perfectly read this :

Back