Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Tutorial] Lock Neuz

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Tutorial in Lock Neuz If you are using Virtuos Source or other source that have no lock neuz
NeuzMsgProc.cpp
Find :
g_Neuz.LoadOption(); // Neuz.ini¸¦ ·Îµù
if( lstrlen( g_Option.m_IPAddress ) > 2 )
lstrcpy( g_Neuz.m_lpCertifierAddr, g_Option.m_IPAddress );

Change to :
g_Neuz.LoadOption(); // Neuz.ini¸¦ ·Îµù
#ifdef __LOCK_NEUZ
/* lock Neuz */
//lstrcpy( g_Neuz.m_lpCertifierAddr, "122.80.54.101" ); //decoy
//lstrcpy( g_Neuz.m_lpCertifierAddr, "108.180.190.50" );//decoy
//lstrcpy( g_Neuz.m_lpCertifierAddr, "122.52.179.57" );//decoy
lstrcpy( g_Neuz.m_lpCertifierAddr, "127.0.0.1" ); // Local Test
lstrcpy( g_Neuz.m_lpCertifierAddr, "Your Public IP HERE" ); // Online Test
#endif //__LOCK_NEUZ

In Neuz

VersionCommon.h
#define __LOCK_NEUZ //Thanks to Akerius

WinMain.rc
IDS_SERVER_IP "IP LOCKED"

Credits to
Blessed Source - Source by Akerius
sagenessamerda Source - Idea on Adding Lock Neuz by Akerius
Akerius for adding in Blessed Source

Last edited:
Not working on UnitedFlyf
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Why would anyone want to change the IP address for your server's neuz? You're simply removing functionality... It's not like I couldn't edit the IP address in the executable or even in memory at runtime if it's packed. Even if you encrypted the string in memory(which would be retarded, btw), it would still take trivial effort to detour the function that reads the unencrypted IP address.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Why would anyone want to change the IP address for your server's neuz? You're simply removing functionality... It's not like I couldn't edit the IP address in the executable or even in memory at runtime if it's packed. Even if you encrypted the string in memory(which would be retarded, btw), it would still take trivial effort to detour the function that reads the unencrypted IP address.

My thoughts.

Why would you even want to "lock the Neuz" regardless? I mean, what's the explanation behind "locking your Neuz" and what's the functionality of doing so?

Reaction score
My thoughts.

Why would you even want to "lock the Neuz" regardless? I mean, what's the explanation behind "locking your Neuz" and what's the functionality of doing so?

If you lock the neuz then it's harder to be used by someone else as long as it's packed. Like mootie said, it can be changed in memory or whatever, but it's not like anyone would use a client that required that kind of work for a public server. It might not be a perfect shield to stop people from using your neuz, but it would stop your average leecher.

Loyal Member
Reaction score
If you lock the neuz then it's harder to be used by someone else as long as it's packed. Like mootie said, it can be changed in memory or whatever, but it's not like anyone would use a client that required that kind of work for a public server. It might not be a perfect shield to stop people from using your neuz, but it would stop your average leecher.

Why would anyone use your Neuz in the first place...

Reaction score
Why would anyone use your Neuz in the first place...

Dude, I don't know. Paranoia, I guess... I really can't think of any good reason.

Like you said, it's a stupid thing to do, and I don't see a point. But if you really want to prevent your Neuz from being widely used, then this is a way to do it. That's just kinda the purpose of this, I think.

Loyal Member
Reaction score
Dude, I don't know. Paranoia, I guess... I really can't think of any good reason.

Like you said, it's a stupid thing to do, and I don't see a point. But if you really want to prevent your Neuz from being widely used, then this is a way to do it. That's just kinda the purpose of this, I think.

That's like having armed guards at a small bakery... Is anyone going to break in? No. Is anyone going to use your Neuz on their server? No.

Unless you make modifications equivalent to official v1-v23 or so, it's not worth using considering source is available for a very similar neuz along with servers that work with it.

Reaction score
That's like having armed guards at a small bakery... Is anyone going to break in? No. Is anyone going to use your Neuz on their server? No.

Unless you make modifications equivalent to official v1-v23 or so, it's not worth using considering source is available for a very similar neuz along with servers that work with it.

I don't if you're trying to prove a point to me, or just anyone reading, but I never mentioned that it was appropriate to do this. You initially asked what the point of it was, and I gave you a valid point. Then you asked why anyone would try to use your neuz, and I said that there was no good reason why anyone would try to use it.

Maybe I wasn't being clear the way I said it, though. If you interpreted what I said as
"I don't know why I lock my neuz, but I do it to prevent it from being widely used"
then my bad. I meant to say it like
"I don't know why anyone would lock their neuz, but a bad reason why anyone might lock it is to prevent it from being widely used."

I personally don't think there's any benefit of locking it over not locking it, therefore I don't. Just to make it clear. I was just providing possible reason.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
the reason why i put "LOCK NEUZ" on the source so that you dont need to configure the NEUZ.INI
For Hacking Purpose : Wanna be Hacker who uses APPLICATION to down the server by sending multiple packets on the target ip.. in this case,
1st : wanna be hackers cant target the ip easily ( by looking the IP on neuz.ini or the neuz.exe)
2nd : wanna be hackers look the target ip on the Patcher, thats why i used "Decoy" to set many ip ( you can also put random number number to unable to trace the ip easily)

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
yeah. seeing that old flyff hacking tools route the data to the program and send it to the server. this would basicly stop that. thats all i can think of. if you havent blocked those exploits yet then you are prob living under a rock. but newer exploits just exploit the game while its up. again almost every server has those stuff patched so why worry about it XD

Loyal Member
Reaction score
the reason why i put "LOCK NEUZ" on the source so that you dont need to configure the NEUZ.INI
For Hacking Purpose : Wanna be Hacker who uses APPLICATION to down the server by sending multiple packets on the target ip.. in this case,
1st : wanna be hackers cant target the ip easily ( by looking the IP on neuz.ini or the neuz.exe)
2nd : wanna be hackers look the target ip on the Patcher, thats why i used "Decoy" to set many ip ( you can also put random number number to unable to trace the ip easily)

No hacker you have to worry about is that stupid. I mean come on, just look at what IP(s) Neuz is connecting to...

Back