Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

This section is dead?

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I'm currently working on some stuff, I had just a pretty busy week so, I'll probably release some stuff within next week after I finish them :D It's just sad it comes from nobody else..

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Crypticus' imagination said:
Elite programmers are working on this source now, because management actually gives a proper **** about problems that plague them (the programmers, that is)!

Crypticus' reality said:
You know, I heard some smart@ss say before; an army sounds real good... on paper.

@john
someone... Obama? said:
Yes, We Can!

Reaction score
lulz... Llike it really matters i've done alot of work as well to the game in switching the sound library to something better.

As for my progress i can go ingame do whatever i like... attack,move,talk,run,shop,guilds,mobs, etc.. list goes on and on.

But alot of work needs done in the UI department as i want to change the entire interface etc.. Also converted alot of code to 2010 standards. I'm getting there just at a slow pace due to having to work alone.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
You've got a whole host of other problems, and the first thing done is switching the sound library?? Wrong priorities, mate.

As for the list... nothing in particular catches my eye. It was already more or less there in the first place.
UI-wise, that is to be expected: but even for you, "alot of work" would be putting it very mildly.

2010 standards? Then prepare to break your code later for the C++11 standards already published this year!
Honestly; if I were you, I'd touch up on the shader code. Just saying; most people choose not to listen anyway.

Reaction score
ya sorry was just kind of jumping everywhere as i have not alot of people intrested in the project. I was stating some of the code seems outdated and not up to a more faster standard way that some people use nowadays.

I've looked into the shader code it doesnt seem that bad but ill need to test it more to see.

Do you have much of a idea into why alot of stuff doesnt load correctly in release mode. Been getting black screens on release mode.

As for the login its based of a http connection that passes tokens with a command agrument would u keep that method and produce something else or rewrite your own?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
http://www.geforce.com/Drivers/Results/40033 said:
◦QQ Xi You (QQ西游) – rated Good

NVidia's 3D vision comment (control panel):
Some objects render at wrong depth

My comments (testing client source with 3D vision on my rig):
2D interface is either inaccurate, or causes eye strain.
Sky and water has problems like ghosting, but mostly okay.

Client lags badly and crashes sometimes during startup with 3D vision on.
Not reproducible; attributing it to bad programming or as a rare fluke of nature.

Dead section is dead: R.I.P

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
NVidia's 3D vision comment (control panel):
Some objects render at wrong depth

My comments (testing client source with 3D vision on my rig):
2D interface is either inaccurate, or causes eye strain.
Sky and water has problems like ghosting, but mostly okay.

Client lags badly and crashes sometimes during startup with 3D vision on.
Not reproducible; attributing it to bad programming or as a rare fluke of nature.

Dead section is dead: R.I.P
I like the effects in the game a lot, the rest is more than good for me :D

I am making progress, but it's VERY slow at the moment. I managed to get some stuff working tho. I can login by sending the form correct and get the server list,etc trough the webserver. I'm planning on sending the data directly instead of using the webserver now I know how it works. I finished up my exams and got 2 weeks of vacation :D Unfortunately the section is dead indeed at the moment. I hope this will change soon..

Anyways, it's good to see you posting :D

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
@0x61
Glad to see that you're still going in the right direction, and not caving in to the "easy solution" :laugh:

We'll be going different directions though: while your focus seems to be more on features, mine would be...

Form follows function
Are 7,700+ "GUARD...UNGUARD" blocks are really necessary? There is an alternative :p:

Etc, etc... but not mentioned here, idiots are still gonna open tonnes of vulnerabilities on their computers anyway.

As for the section...
- Hedge my bets on this section.
- Wait until it's archived away.
- :?:
- Profit (in the form of satisfaction).

You'd know; I never liked spoonfeeding people who couldn't be bothered to grab a spoon, even if their life depended on it.
I say, you reap what you sow :laugh:

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
@0x61
Glad to see that you're still going in the right direction, and not caving in to the "easy solution" :laugh:

We'll be going different directions though: while your focus seems to be more on features, mine would be...

Form follows function
Are 7,700+ "GUARD...UNGUARD" blocks are really necessary? There is an alternative :p:

Etc, etc... but not mentioned here, idiots are still gonna open tonnes of vulnerabilities on their computers anyway.

As for the section...
- Hedge my bets on this section.
- Wait until it's archived away.
- :?:
- Profit (in the form of satisfaction).

You'd know; I never liked spoonfeeding people who couldn't be bothered to grab a spoon, even if their life depended on it.
I say, you reap what you sow :laugh:
Hehe, thanks :D Our differences might be caused due the fact you've managed to get a lot further than in the source. I'm very limited to do by myself. As for the guard stuff, what do you suggest? At the moment, that's not even on my to-do list hehe :D

Back