Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

How to set up server?

vdc

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
How to set up the server? Do this server run on Linux or Windows? And how to config database and run game? This game look awesome and I want to development this game. :thumbup:

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Hey vdc, currently there is an error with logging. It seems like they messed up with the source. We're working on it, but untill it's fixed, hosting a game wont be possible..

vdc

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I setup the game, everything config, just can't login to game, can create char. I think because this game is chinese source, we have to change windows to chinese language.

Reaction score
That still won fix the bugs from whoever edit the source back in 2008. There are missing databases and missing files that make the source complete. As for the v60 client and server files those are a different story and need Reverse Engineering work to change the flag in the encrypted file packet.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
...there is an error with logging. ... hosting a game wont be possible..
It's incomplete: look at memory management, then macro trickery, then global namespace pollution. The source will never survive a Unity build as-is (mine can though, but that took 1001% effort).

... just can't login to game, can create char. I think because this game is chinese source, we have to change windows to chinese language.
Charset does not affect login.

That still won fix the bugs from whoever edit the source back in 2008.
Already fixed lots of them. But some people feel that source code "tips" is not considered contributing because it's not what the masses want. I've been pretty vocal about that. I still adhere to what I say; real source code development is dead (at least on RZ):
Code:
trying [COLOR="Blue"]!=[/COLOR] helping [COLOR="DarkGreen"]//although I still give you all credit for it, nonetheless.[/COLOR]

vdc

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
@Crypticus: Do this server game only can run on Windows Server? Do it can run on Linux Server? Because with me, MySQL is easier than MSSQL.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
It's incomplete: look at memory management, then macro trickery, then global namespace pollution. The source will never survive a Unity build as-is (mine can though, but that took 1001% effort).
Yea, that's what I actually meant. I just said it in the simple way hehe. Yea Crypt, I've been talking with Jonny for a few days now, we're also aware that the source is incomplete :/ It shall require some work to get it all working, but yeah, nothing to do about it hehe :D

Reaction score
What suggestion would you have. The login procces uses a http connection in order to proccess tokens. To rewrite the protocol to send username and password data is annoying. Missing files missing databases dont help the cause.

I'm more worryed about the client side end and knowing how solid and bug proof it is. Server side is easy to recode as i could code my own server 1000+ better than whats there.

@Crypticus got msn??? pm me it or something.. would love to talk to u...

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
@vdc
Short answer:
Yes, it runs on Windows (doesn't have to be server version).
No, it doesn't run on Linux (not without significant work).

... if you're patient enough, long answers are more rewarding.

Long answer A: (if you only want MySQL on Windows)
Edit the database code to target MySQL instead of MSSQL.

Long answer B: (not recommended, but only if it must be Linux)
Replace the Windows-specific bindings (like Windows.h)
Replace all the Microsoft-specific extensions (such as "for each")
Replace all the x86-specific instructions (since you're at it, intrinsics are better)

@0x61
Allow me to pose to you this question - why is dumping everything in the global namespace bad practice?

@jonny
What happens when you take a sponge out from a bucket of water?

vdc

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
You have source and client can work? I tried many difference server source and client, but I couldn't login to game. ^^!. If you have it, may you share me or give me the link of it.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I was planning on replying to this, but didn't have much time yesterday. Anyways...

Already fixed lots of them. But some people feel that source code "tips" is not considered contributing because it's not what the masses want. I've been pretty vocal about that. I still adhere to what I say; real source code development is dead (at least on RZ):
Code:
trying [COLOR="Blue"]!=[/COLOR] helping [COLOR="DarkGreen"]//although I still give you all credit for it, nonetheless.[/COLOR]

Euh, I've managed everything getting up and running thanks to those "tips". I'm still thankful to you for that hehe :D Who said it's not an contribution?
@0x61
Allow me to pose to you this question - why is dumping everything in the global namespace bad practice?
No idea, why could it be?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Point 1:
You're welcome!
Hmm... remember the moderator applications? I'm not naming names.

Point 2:
tl;dr: "new" keyword overrides/implementations are global. What I'm saying is... macro voodoo magic.

Because of type conflicts; it's the same reason you have header guards (otherwise you get a bunch of duplicates).
Also, it's hard to phase out macros because there's no concept of scope (due to this, and because the pre-processor is a copy-pasta)

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Point 1:
You're welcome!
Hmm... remember the moderator applications? I'm not naming names.
Oh yeah, that...
Point 2:
tl;dr: "new" keyword overrides/implementations are global. What I'm saying is... macro voodoo magic.

Because of type conflicts; it's the same reason you have header guards (otherwise you get a bunch of duplicates).
Also, it's hard to phase out macros because there's no concept of scope (due to this, and because the pre-processor is a copy-pasta)
Hmm, I see. Btw, I remember you've said you needed some sort of antihack right? Found something? Because I was working on something actually :p

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
... I remember you've said you needed some sort of antihack right? Found something? Because I was working on something actually :p

Thanks, but no thanks :laugh: I was in a trollish mood that day.
While I could link to HackShield's or GameGuard's API; my opinion is that there are nicer ways to do it subtly - short of making everything server-sided (which I prefer)

Just an idea that ran through my head which is more invasive than rootkits:
- There is a secret location on hard disks you can write to. (no, I'm not talking about the restore partition. That one's a public secret).

Good luck on your antihack :wink: But I'm still keeping my stuff away from the forums.

Reaction score
Anti hack doesn't mean sht. Alot is fixable and editable to make hacks non existent. As for the source its self (client) its poorly written. I get random lag spike due to bad rendering. Alot of the files are wide open and should be compacted more. I really dont even know where to start. I'd have to spent months cleaning up the source to be workable and is it even worth that?

I can edit a updated version of the game to be in English but that's not gonna solve much of the issue being able to do alot client side. At least i was able to edit the v60 client to be somewhat english..... GG to that..

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Anti hack doesn't mean sht. Alot is fixable and editable to make hacks non existent. Until someone gets creative with fuzzy logic bots.

As for the source its self (client) its poorly written. I get random lag spike due to bad rendering. You should build in Release mode.

Alot of the files are wide open and should be compacted more. I really dont even know where to start. I'd have to spent months cleaning up the source to be workable and is it even worth that? Yes; and I've already detailed a solid guideline. Reference the 600-post thread, or skim through my mod application.

I can edit a updated version of the game to be in English but that's not gonna solve much of the issue being able to do alot client side. At least i was able to edit the v60 client to be somewhat english..... GG to that.. For the client which came with the source code, everything can be changed. Encryption protocol, file structure, memory layout... everything.
Replies in red, enjoy~

Reaction score
Ya thanks for the replies. Nothing really to important in your mod thread. A few stuff i already knew. Logic bots are detectable (capture images) etc. there are endless ways of getting rid of them. Would be nice if we setup a thread to talk about the ins and outs of the game in making it better.

By the way send me the password so i can test out some of the tools and database fixes u did.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ya thanks for the replies. Nothing really to important in your mod thread. A few stuff i already knew.
You're welcome, even though I suspect you skimmed through the portion I was referring to.

Logic bots are detectable (capture images) etc. there are endless ways of getting rid of them.
I could think of a few already; anti-bot traps, community reporting, monitoring packet frequency, captcha challenge...

Then again, there are people that hit the traps for fun, report people they don't like, dyslexic or find captcha a PITA. Some are just plain dumb.
The best solution is to prevent injection into the client process in the first place.

By the way send me the password so i can test out some of the tools and database fixes u did.
0x61 has mirrored the database on a separate thread; the "tools" are useless if you are working with the original client.

Back