Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

QQ Journey to the west - Server & client source and some tools

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
QQ Journey to the west is a Chinese game wich currently runs on build 60+. Anyways, the source is from an older version.

Here are some quick videos:
Code:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4M7kBux8vwc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Nmy-_pHsmo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=roXHagsuKTk

Pre-requirements:
Visual studio 2010 or 2011
Microsoft SQL Server 2008 r2
Notepad
Winrar

Source
Link:
Password: ragezone
Credits: pushedx
Note: please scroll down for some compiling notes

Databases:
Link:
Credits: Crypticus

Tool to clean up the source files
Link:
Credits: pushedx
Note: put this file next to QRender.sln and run. You will just see a black screen that will open and close in a few seconds, but that's a good thing.

Compiled server & client
Link:
Link:
Credits: 0x61 & Crypticus

Small notes before compiling:
Code:
\XYcode\servers\ace\Task.cpp(205):#if (defined (__BORLANDC__) && (__BORLANDC__ < 0x570)) || defined (__MINGW32__) || (defined (_MSC_VER) && (_MSC_VER <= 1600)) // pushedx: update 1400 -> 1600

\XYcode\PackUI\PackUI\Main.cpp(158):	if( (sm = fopen( "UENI.ueni", "w+" )) == NULL ) // pushedx: changed w+r to w+

\XYcode\servers\GameServer\anti_bot_header.h(3)://#define USE_TENCENT // pushedx: removed

\XYcode\servers\GameServer\QGuild.cpp(2063):	if (m_iter == QGuildQuestNode::guild_quest_hash_.end()) // pushedx: update code to match current SC++L rules

\XYcode\Base\Hdr\ConfigPlatform.h(75):	#if 1 // pushedx: We can actually use this now in VS2010

\XYcode\Game\Src\QNetHandler.cpp(9)://#define USE_QQ_PROTECT // pushedx: taken out for now

\XYcode\Game\Src\QCSLogin.cpp(125):			iter_info.gw_0_addr_ ="127.0.0.1"; // pushedx: updated ip

\XYcode\Game\Src\QGameEngine.cpp(473):		loginMethod = DevelopClient; // pushedx: Changed TencentClient to DevelopClient

[COLOR="Red"]\XYcode\Game\Src\QGameEngine.cpp(544):#define USE_UI_PACK // pushedx: uncommented[/COLOR]
Red font: this depends on if you want to use euni.euni or not. If you uncomment this, you wont be able to edit the .lua files at runtime.

The server startup order:
Code:
1: Loginserver
2: DBCenter
3: Rewardserver
4: Worldserver
5: InstServer
6: low_gateway
7: Logserver
Other than that, don't forget to download the directx & windows sdk.

In the end...
...After you've compiled everything put the ClassCfg, Fonts, UI and QY.exe into XYClient to get it running.

I believe that the main credits go to the person that released it, pushedx and Crypticus.

PS: The game needs to be translated into english! And please don't forget the edit the .lua & .ini files.

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
You neglected to mention that you can't edit Lua files at runtime when using UENI.ueni packing :tongue:
Another reminder, remove the path "Y:\QQBase" since it's not relative.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thanks for getting the essential stuff from the thread since most of it it's off topic :)

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
@0x61
QQBase is still showing on my side :p: Nice post though!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yes i do wonder why there is an Y:\QQBase, It's not a correct path for anyone, ... I have it on my Desktop.

Reaction score
Thank you for the great share, I have been looking for something to develop for a while. I need a break from programming for work, but this looks like it could be fun, especially to start-up as a public server.

What I have been checking out in source is a lot of the copyright text is not commented out correctly causing compile errors.

I will see if I can get this fully working.

Reaction score
Okay got it working and compiled, now having this error. ERROR: Failed to found 3d provider "Miles Fast 2D Positional Audio"! when loading QY.exe

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Okay got it working and compiled, now having this error. ERROR: Failed to found 3d provider "Miles Fast 2D Positional Audio"! when loading QY.exe

Ye i had a similiar problem lol!First time when run this game...mm let me think what i did...u need ms32.dll in ur system folder...download it form google u know?and put it in ur system32 directory of windows...inform me if this worked to u..

Reaction score
Ye i had a similiar problem lol!First time when run this game...mm let me think what i did...u need ms32.dll in ur system folder...download it form google u know?and put it in ur system32 directory of windows...inform me if this worked to u..

if( !AIL_find_3D_provider( QRender::getEngine()->client->audSetting.currentProvider3d, &mss3DProvider ) )
ERRF( "Failed to found 3d provider \"%s\"!", (const char*)QRender::getEngine()->client->audSetting.currentProvider3d );
ASSERT( mss3DProvider );

Its to do with the rendering service, and I have no clue why this is happening, mss32.dll wont help by putting it in System32

Most likely audio service "Miles Fast 2D Positional Audio"

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
if( !AIL_find_3D_provider( QRender::getEngine()->client->audSetting.currentProvider3d, &mss3DProvider ) )
ERRF( "Failed to found 3d provider \"%s\"!", (const char*)QRender::getEngine()->client->audSetting.currentProvider3d );
ASSERT( mss3DProvider );

Its to do with the rendering service, and I have no clue why this is happening, mss32.dll wont help by putting it in System32

Most likely audio service "Miles Fast 2D Positional Audio"

:s then i not know how to help u =(

Reaction score
Updated:

I have it working correctly now.

0x61 - QQ Journey to the west - Server & client source and some tools - RaGEZONE Forums

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Let me bring up the log.

Code:
<RenderDev> D3D device created.
<RenderDev> Available texture memory = 3299 MBytes
<Init> Audio device created! class = "QMSSAudioDevice".
<Init> Initializing Miles Sound...
<Init> Detecting MSS 3D Providers:
<Init> Aureal A3D Interactive (TM)
<Init> Aureal A3D 2.0 (TM)
<Init> DirectSound3D Software Emulation
<Init> DirectSound3D Hardware Support
<Init> DirectSound3D 7+ Software - Pan and Volume
<Init> DirectSound3D 7+ Software - Light HRTF
<Init> DirectSound3D 7+ Software - Full HRTF
<Init> Creative Labs EAX 4 (TM)
<Init> Creative Labs EAX 3 (TM)
<Init> Creative Labs EAX 2 (TM)
<Init> Creative Labs EAX (TM)
<Init> RAD Game Tools RSX 3D Audio
<Init> Dolby Surround
<Init> Miles Fast 2D Positional Audio

Basically instead of the miles fast 2d positional audio error, the client just hangs
Is this QY.log? If so, that's weird, because I'm not even getting those init's..
If not, can you upload QY.log here please

Reaction score
Is this QY.log? If so, that's weird, because I'm not even getting those init's..
If not, can you upload QY.log here please

Here you go, I actually have it working fine now but this is how the log looks.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Here you go, I actually have it working fine now but this is how the log looks.

Oh, don't worry about that, I got about the same log lol. For some reason it wont load stuff correctly, but the client still works.

Back