Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Options window remake process

Status
Not open for further replies.
~FlyFF DeV~
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Long time no see! I was kinda bored, so I decided to showcase the process of making option window from scratch. Without any nonsense, let's begin.

First Step
Alright, what we need is concept and overall idea how the window will work like, plus what we will need to do to make it work the way we imagined it. Let me put up a sketch to give you and idea what it will look like:
OptionWindowSketch - Options window remake process - RaGEZONE Forums
Okey, as you can see, the concept is pretty simple:
  • 2 Buttons
  • A Rectangle based listbox(you could argue it's just buttons, but making a listbox will help a lot )
  • A sub-window for specific options(Graphics,Interface,etc.)
Now that we have first step, I am gonna go and do some coding and design what's needed for next steps :p. To be continued...

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
~FlyFF DeV~
Reaction score
I haven't been in scene for like 2 years, but it looks similar to what I have in mind.

~FlyFF DeV~
Reaction score
Sorry for no updates, but I had little time and ran into issue with my old source so had to find what I was messing with last time I touched it.

I managed to make an applet that is as close as it gets to the concept with current state of source. I even managed to run it in game.

fQcDsyy - Options window remake process - RaGEZONE Forums

Now, obviously it's not what we expect in the end. Therefore let me present concept for the custom listbox that I will take on next:

1xjDjlN - Options window remake process - RaGEZONE Forums

This should give you some insight on how it will look like when done. Everything is a subject to change though as I go on.

To do the above I am gonna basically have to code Control class and also add it to how interface handles applets. Same will probably go for the section window control, but that later.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
~FlyFF DeV~
Reaction score
Just a quick update:

Next I will have to make Section Window look like I want it, will update you guys soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back