Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Arcturus - how to] Buff party on summoned allies

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
The goal:
At the moment: party buffs and healing don't work on summons.
Project: we would like to enable this feature.

Notes:
This thread focus on [Arcturus], so please answer for Arcturus only or specify in your answer if you are speaking of an other version.

Dear all, let's continue with our server project. I hope those threads will help people one day... and will help us today ^^
As you can read, our goal is to change "the definition" of the summons of the party to add them as party member on a buff point of view.

Honestly... we don't have any iea of how to do this and in which file we should look at.
Once again we had a deep look at 3DDATA/... but found nothing apart the "filter" on the skills to say to which the skill applies.

Our guess would be:
- find where is the category "party" exactly defined.
- see if we can add the summons from party members to this category
- check/correct this to do not influence drops, exp, etc of the party.

Thank you for your help/hints!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
There are filters, like you mentionned.

It is a switch in a boleen in gameserver (dll), and the type you are looking for is 1 (group filter).

The idea is to find if the skill caster, find if it has a party, and if there are anyone in his party that has an active summon.

If you're hooking up with assembly, pointing the switch out with breakpoints shouldn't be hard, actually editing it might be a pain in the butt.

Hope it helped.

Hij.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Again, a very useful answer. Thanks for always explaining the mechanics.
By the way, how can we know what will be in the SHO_GS.DLL and what will be in the .EXE ?
The fact that it will be in the game server sounds logical (why would it be in the login or in the world?) but how did ROSE decided what goes in a .dll and what goes in a .exe ?

I will try to learn more about DLL injection as Raven and you both suggested to see if I can do this in an easier way than in assembly.

Best,

Numenor

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Again, a very useful answer. Thanks for always explaining the mechanics.
By the way, how can we know what will be in the SHO_GS.DLL and what will be in the .EXE ?
The fact that it will be in the game server sounds logical (why would it be in the login or in the world?) but how did ROSE decided what goes in a .dll and what goes in a .exe ?

I will try to learn more about DLL injection as Raven and you both suggested to see if I can do this in an easier way than in assembly.

Best,

Numenor

On the server everything is contained in the DLL files. The exe's that you use to run the servers do nothing other then call 4 functions to start the servers and to show you the output.

For buffing summons, you will need to modify BOTH the trose.exe and SHO_GS.DLL to get the effect your looking for. trose also implements filters to prevent sending data that the server will not do anyway.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi Raven,

Thanks for the information!
It sounds like a good challenge and will definitely take us more time than our last project. We'll keep you updated!

Back