Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Cross platform server emulator

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hello, RageZone.

Earlier this week I started a project to see if I could create my own server emulator for ROSE. I think it has turned out quite nice, so I'm posting here to let you know it exists so that I can get feedback from some other people :)

You might already have seen some of my code if you are familiar with the osRose forum, but the emulator's homepage is . This is also where you can find the newset code.

Please keep in mind that this is barely the beginning of an emulator, so the only parts that are working are the login and character servers.

Jim

Last edited:
Reaction score
Well i dont think one is the best it just seems like an odd choice in programming languages for the purpose proposed. But if you can do it then u can do it.

I personally am not great at all with perl so thats somewhat the reason i wish it was a different language.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Have a look at this post please

Reaction score
Preview 5 - Dev Rev 10

Change log:
Whats new:
  • NPC's
  • Zuly stored via database
  • Drop zuly
  • Dropped items load on the world
  • /fetch gm command (similar to /teletome in osrose)
  • /ann gm command
  • /tele gm command
  • !shout
  • "whisper
  • Collisions
  • Movement revamped
  • Telegates added

Known bugs/happens because something is incomplete
  • Running in place
  • Characters can be seen on minimap no matter the distance between
  • Cant buy from npc
  • Cant pickup