Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Guide] Installing Neoncube 2.0

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I have never used the standard neoncube, no i used this one its way easier and the path list will be easier to scan.
What is the diffrence? You dont have to delete the files anymore.

Requirements
For the web-based stuff, you need some webspace with ftp access for uploading the patch files.

Getting the files
There is one way to get the working neoncube executable, To download the already compiled neoncube.

Download link:
If it doesn't work:

Configurate neoncube.ini
First you have to open the neoncube.ini inside the \neoncube\ folder. At the top you can find a description for the various variables which is in my eyes not very clear at some points. I hope that I can make it more clear for you:

server_name: The name of your RoseOnline server (EG: SpeedRose)
notice_url: URL of a news system or a server status checker (EG: )
patch_site: URL of your patchsite (EG: )
patch_port: Port of your webserver (standard: 80)
patch_list: Absolute path to patchlist.txt (EG: /patch/patchlist.txt)
patch_folder: Path to the folder where your patches are stored (EG: /patch/)
executable: Name of the game's exe (EG: TRose.exe)
ragexe_call: Additional parameters for game's exe (EG: TRose.exe @TRIGGER_SOFT@ _server 127.0.0.1)
registration_link: URL of the website registration (EG: )
skin: Name of your skin folder (EG: skin_default)
vfs_file: Name of the vfs file for patching (EG: 3DDATA.VFS)
startup_option: Just leave it at 3 for the best result

Setting up patchlist.txt
First create a patchlist.txt where you have setted the path to in the neoncube.ini. In this case it is . Change "Yoursite" to your own site ^^.

There are two kinds of "flags" you can use in the patchlist: FLD and VFS. FLD is for writing to a data folder, or any other folder in the RoseOnline directory. VFS is for writing to the VFS specified in the vfs_file in the neoncube.ini.

At the beginning of every new patch, you have to use an "ID". NeonCube grabs the file patchlist and reads the ID of the patch. If the number of the patch is higher than what the number in the neoncube.file in your user's directory is, it gets that file, then the next if there is another patch. The neoncube.file will be created automatically for the patcher to see which patches the user already got.

If you want to update an excisting file, you first had to remove it first. (not anymore.)

A patchlist.txt can look like this:
1 VFS LIST_NPC.rar
This deletes all the old files in your VFS and extracts the new files in the LIST_NPC.rar to the 3DDATA.VFS right after. The data structur of the LIST_NPC.rar has to look like the following: 3DDATA/STB/LIST_NPC.STB | 3DDATA/STB/LIST_NPC_S.STL.

Things to know:
- You must put each patch on a new line.
- You must increase the patch number by -atleast- 1 each time
- You must have all the patches in the same folder as the patchlist.txt
- You must always use rar files.
If you cant run the exe: Download:
CREDITS:
All credits go to: "Core"(from dev-osrose) for writing the main guide i just modified it to this version of neoncube.

Back