Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[OsIrose] iRose Server Setup

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello, I’ve decided to start a new Thread on the osiRose Irose server files. The old topic, [GUIDE][No Pics] Make your own "iRose" server [All you need] main post was never updated and so it is kind of hard to serf through all the pages to find the files that I have been posting the updates on. Also ill include some pictures on the hardest parts of the process. So again, I’m starting this thread for the osiRose iRose server files, and setting it up to be online w/o hamachi or a cms/website. Will add those on to this tut eventually, but for now this is the bare minimum. Updates by me, will be posted here, on the main Post, and also make a new post w/ the link when I get it uploaded. Let’s get started.

Step 1 – Setting up Mysql
Step 2 – Setting up Navicat
Step 3 – Setting up the Server Configs and Database
Step 4 – Ports? Firewalls?
Step 5 – Setting up the launcher/client.
Step 6 – Personalization of the client. (COMING SOON)
Credits

First off, I want you to get all the files you need, so they are at hand, if it takes you awhile to download these, then read through the guide a bit, and it will be that much easier to do. The client is the last things you need.

Required/Recommended Files:
Server Files with Database. Rev 81
Client 131
Launcher.
Navicat
MySql

Personalization of the Client
Tools Contains basic tools, 2 vfs extractors, stb/stl editor, and dds plugin for photoshop.

Other Files
Item List For Client 131 Includes .xls (excel) file and .txt files

STEP 1 – SETTING UP MYSQL

Part 1 – Installing MySQL
Ok, setting mysql up this is one of the harder parts of getting your own server running, But still it is straight forward. First thing, unpack and start the installation file. When it ready for you’re input, click on next, select complete, click next, and then click on install. After it installs, click next, click next again, and make sure “configure the MySQL Server now is checked, and click Finish.

Part 2 – Configuring MYSQL
The configuration utility should pop up shortly. But on vista, it seams not to, so if it fails to pop up, go to c:/program files/MySQL/MySQL Server 5.0/Bin/ and double click on MySQLInstanceConfig.exe. When that finally comes up, click on next, make sure detailed configuration is selected, then click next. Developer Machine is selected, click next. Multifunctional Database is selected, click next. Click next again, then make sure Decision Support (DSS)/OLAP is selected, click next. Note the Port Number on this screen 3306. Other then that, click the next button. And once again, the next button. For this Page, make sure Install As Windows Service is checked, and launch the mysql server automatically. Just so you don’t have to start it every time you restart your pc. If you don’t mind restarting mysql every time you want to run the server after rebooting, then uncheck the two, after you make you’re decision, click next. Now we are on the security part. I would suggest filling out the password but you don’t have to, just uncheck the box and move on. But if you do put a password in, I would also suggest that you don’t enable root access from remote machines, or Create an Anonymous Account. Both will weaken the protection to your database. After you enter your password hit next. Then hit execute. This is starting the mysql service, setting up the config file, and then you’re done w/ mysql. Yay, like I said, pretty easy.

STEP 2 – SETTING UP NAVICAT

Part 1 – Installation.
Ok, now we are onto navicat. This is also pretty easy, but some people snag up here. Start up the setup program. Instillation is pretty straight forward, after it finishes installing start the program up. Hit trial on the little popup. This installation is a 30 day trial, so if u want something to manage the database after this trial runs out (and you don’t want to buy the program) better find some other way to manage your before the trial runs dry.

Part 2 – Connecting to MySQL.
OK After the program as started, Click on the Connection Button on the top left. This pops open a config window for the connection to a mysql server. Give it any name, that doesn’t matter really. Host name/IP address should be localhost, that works great, no need to change it, unless your connecting to someone else’s DB. Port should be the one that you had in the MySQL configuration, in this case, its 3306. Username is root, but place you’re password in the Password area, then hit test connection. It will say connection failed, or passed. If it passed, hit ok to close that fail/pass window, and then hit ok again to close the config.
Now if it failed There could be servile reasons, 1. You put in the wrong password (or put one in when you didn’t add one in the config), 2. The port was blocked by firewall 3. You changed the username. If you can’t figure this part out, post up the error message and someone should be able to help you.

Part 3 – Getting the Database Ready.
Ok, now that you got the connection set, time to load up the osirose database. Double click on the Connection that is now on the left side of navicat. Should open up w/ 2-3 databases. Right click the Connection, Click on New Database. Enter a name for the database, irose would work, or myrose, or Shadow Rose, just put in what ever you want it to be called (im going to use irose), and hit ok. Now there is a new database on the right side of navicat, called irose. We are done with Navicat for now, you can minimize it or close it and skip Part 4 for now.

Part 4 – Installing the osiRose Database.
Open navicat, open the connection you made, and open up the database by Double clicking it so it turns green and opens up. Then right click the database , Click on execute Batch file, and a new window pops open. Click on the 3 dots to the right of the File: Field. Navigate to the database folder, where the database that I provided is at. (in the server folder.) Open irose.sql and let it load. It may take awhile. After it loads should look something like After the database is in, start up each of the servers, one by one. Login, Character, World. For me the world keeps crashing at start up, if it does this to u, and gives you no real errors, just keep restarting it, it will start eventually. (I think its because of vista) once you get them started, should look something close to

NOTE: You no longer have to edit the Channel’s table, as the server’s do it them selfs now based off of the config files.

Jump back down to Step 5.

STEP 3 – SETTING UP THE SERVER CONFIGS AND DATABASE

Part 1 – Unpacking the Server Files.
Time to start the hardest part of the server setup process. First thing is first, unpack the rev69.rar in a folder that you want the files to call home. If you’re like me, I am constantly in the folder starting the server, restarting the server, changing the stb’s in the server and what not, so I have it on my desktop for quick and easy access. But it really does not matter what folder you put it in, or where, as long as you like it where it is.

Part 2 – Obtaining you’re IP’s
Next, let’s find out your Wan IP and LAN IP. The LAN IP is your id for the network that you currently are on, example, your home network. To find the LAN IP is simple really. Open the start menu, and then click on run. Type in cmd and press enter to bring up the command prompt. Now type in ipconfig and hit enter. You will see a little block of text in the middle of the command prompt, look at ”IPv4 Address…….: #”. The # is what you need, write it down somewhere. The Wan IP is basically your online id. To find out what it is, go to whatismyip.org This site will show you you’re wan ip. Take this number and keep it close. If you do not have a static ip, but have one that changes all the time/everyday I believe you HAVE to use hamachi, I might include a little section on hamachi, but not in this initial post.

Part 3 – The Config Files.
Ok, this is the best part of this whole process, this is where people mess up the 2nd most at. Open up these 3 files: charserver.conf, loginserver.conf, and worldserver.conf. We will go over each file one at a time. let’s start w/ the first server, the loginserver. Open up the loginserver.conf w/ any text editor you like, notepad/wordpad/etc…. and you’ll be looking at something like this:

Code:
[DATABASE]
mysql_host=localhost
mysql_user=root
mysql_pass= PUT YOUR MYSQL PASSWORD IN HERE
mysql_database=irose PUT YOUR DATABASE NAME HERE
mysql_port=3306

[SERVERDATA]
serverid=0
servertype=0
serverip=127.0.0.1 REPLACE WITH YOUR WAN IP HERE
serverport=29000
servername=osIrose 
connection=2
lanip=127.0.0.1 REPLACE WITH YOUR LAN IP HERE
lansubmask=255.255.255.0

[LOGINSERVER]
accesslevel=100
CreateLoginAccount=1 CHANGE TO 0 IF YOU DON’T WANT TO BE ABLE TO CREATE ACCOUNTS ON THE LOGIN SCREEN
usethreads=0
Testserver=0

[PASSWORDS] LEAVE THESE ALONE
loginpass=789456
charpass=456123
worldpass=321654

Just look through that, and fill in according to my directions (the words that are all caps). If you want to just make a server for your own personal things, and NOBODY else will be able to get on sides on the computer that the server is on, use the ip 127.0.0.1 for ALL ip entries. Next server is the charserver.conf:

Code:
[DATABASE]
mysql_host=localhost
mysql_user=root
mysql_pass= PUT YOUR MYSQL PASSWORD HERE
mysql_port=3306
AutoQueryTime=600

[SERVERDATA]
serverid=1
servertype=1
serverip=127.0.0.1 PUT YOUR WAN IP HERE
serverport=29100
servername=Server 1 REPLACE WITH WHAT YOU WANT THE SERVER TO BE CALLED
parentid=0
accesslevel=100
connection=2
lanip=127.0.0.1 PUT YOUR LAN IP HERE
lansubmask=255.255.255.0

[CHARSErVER]
deletetime=3600
usethreads=0
[server2server]
CharsPort=29110

[PASSWORDS]
loginpass=789456
charpass=456123
worldpass=321654

Finally the world server:
Code:
[DATABASE]
mysql_host=localhost
mysql_user=root
mysql_pass= PUT YOUR MYSQL PASSWORD HERE
mysql_port=3306
AutoQueryTime=6000

[SERVERDATA]
serverid=2
servertype=2
serverip=127.0.0.1 PLACE YOUR WAN IP HERE
serverport=29200
servername=Channel 1 CHANGE THIS TO WHAT YOU WANT YOUR CHANNEL TO BE CALLED
maxconnections=500
parentid=1
connection=2
lanip=127.0.0.1 PLACE YOUR LAN IP HERE
lansubmask=255.255.255.0

[WORLDSERVER]
accesslevel=100
exp_rate=3 MOB’S XP RATE
drop_rate=20 MOB’S ITEM DROP RATE
drop_type=2
zuly_rate=6 MOB’S DROP RATE
welcome_msg=HI
autosave=1
savetime=3600
mapdelay=10
visualdelay=200
worlddelay=700
partygap=10
maxstat=300
fairy=1
fairystay=45
fairywait=30
fairytestmode=0
playerdmg=230
monsterdmg=78
cfmode=0 CLAN FIELD MODE 1=ON 0=OFF

[server2server]
charip=127.0.0.1
charport=29110
WorldsPort=29210

[PASSWORDS]
loginpass=789456
charpass=456123
worldpass=321654

Ok that should be good for the configs, if you messed up somewhere you will know as soon as you try to connect to the server, or someone else trys.

Part 4 – STB, QSD, and AIP files
New to the last rev or two, there has been an extra step in setting up the server. The csv’s are out, and stb’s are in. If you look in your server directory, you will see a folder called, 3DDATA, and in that 3 folders, STB, AI, and QUESTDATA. You will find the client’s stb’s in the STB folder, the AIP's in the AI folder, and the QSD’s in the QUESTDATA folder. The server loads these up like the old csv’s, so if you don’t have them in there, your going to get A LOT of glitches/bugs/etc…. Because the stb’s declare what looks like what, what has what stats, what shops sell what, and many many other things. The AIP's is basicly the brains of all the mobs avatars and some other stuffs. The qsd are practically everything about the quests. Lucky for you people, I included the stb’s, AIP's and qsd’s for the 131 client already, so no farther action is needed on your part pertaining to these folders for now. BUT, If you decide to dive into client editing, and what not, any stb’s you change, any qsd files you change, must placed in the server folder’s as well as the client’s to work properly. So if you don’t use the 131 client, shame on you, but if u don’t, u have to extract the STB’s, AIP's, and QSD’s from that client, and place them in the folders in the server for that client to be compatible w/ the server. To do that crack open the Client editing package i included. In it you will find a folder called VFS. In this folder are the VFS editors that will help you collect the needed files to run the server properly. The VFS editor has a cool little option that i use alot for client editing and its called Extract ALL. The other VFS tool is the VFSnextGen wich is more commonly used. Use either one to extract the QSD, AIP, and STB's that u need for the server if u aren't using the 131 client. But one more time, if you use the 131 client, and don’t edit anything, don’t worry bout this part.

STEP 4 – PORTS? FIREWALLS?

The ports= tcp/udp “29100- 29110” “29200- 29210” “29000- 29010” (may need 3306 as well, or what ever you set the mysql port as)

Part 1 – You should know…
Ok, as for these questions, you should know if they apply to you. Yes they do, if your connected to the internet, you must check to make sure your ports are opened for the server, and if your connected to the internet, you should have a firewall as well (not that smart not to have one, but a lot of people don’t), that would need to have ports opened as well. So answer these questions and go to the next part.

Part 2 – Firewalls
I don’t know what fire wall you have, or what not, and nor do I know how to run your firewall unless it’s like mine. The Best thing I can say is Check w/ the manufacture’s website and or manual about port forwarding. My firewall pop’s up and asks me about what programs to let through it. But a good indication of a on the pc firewall blocking the servers is they close as soon as you open them, and if you check the log’s , they say something to the effect of can not bind port.

Part 3 – Router
The router is the thing you connect your computer to, to get online. Now you may connect straight to the modem, or you may connect to an actual router then the modem. Either way, some modem’s (dsl and cable) have bult in firewalls that you will have to forward the ports past. For these check the manufactures website/manual. For routers (some modems maybe?) go Once there, pick your router out of the list, then after that pick any program in the next list it really doesn’t matter. Now at the top it asks for your static ip, place in your LAN IP. Now scroll down and follow the steps. When it tells you to enter the ports, enter the ports I had posted at the beginning of this step instead of the ones it tells you to. So substitue what it tells you to put in w/ the ones I gave you. And you should be good. Can also find a port tester to test if you have the ports open. After completing this, go to Step 2, Part 4.

STEP 5 – SETTING UP THE LAUNCHER/CLIENT.

Part 1 – The Launcher
Ok now that you finished setting up the server Configs and database, Lets do the easiest part of this whole process. The link to the client that is proveded is in a .rar. So you have to unpack the client's folder, and place it in anywhere that you desire, you can rename the folder if you like. After it finishes unpacking, unpack the launcher into the client's folder as well, the client's folder should look like (the vfseditor will be in the client personilization section, you can also delete the start.bat). Really only thing you need to do now, is set up the launcher and your ready to play. So open up the config.nhd with any text editor of your choice, notepad does fine. It will look like this:
Code:
[CFG]
Server=127.0.0.1
HTTPReg=yourwebcms.com/register.php
HTTPNot=yourwebcms.com
Edit Server=127.0.0.1 to Server=YOUR_WAN_IP, (and since we did not do a cms yet, leave the httpreg and httpnot alone) save and close the editor, start up the launcher, and click play. It should work w/o editing it, but the edit is so you can pass it out to others, and they dont have to do anything but start the launcher. Now we have it set up to create account on login, so just type your login and password in twice and you’re in! Select the server, and create you’re character, then start playing!

NOTE: I typed this guide as I set up the server, so it works this way. Although I may have missed something still, as I often just think of something and believed I typed it but never did and would have holes here and there. Will also add more pics later on. If there are such holes to you’re eye, post and ill see about fixing it, Thanks.

PART 6 – PERSONALIZATION OF THE CLIENT

Coming Soon

Credits
The Guide by me and myself, only copied some of the links… nothing else.
The server files are from the osirose team, thanks to Arnold, Shido, and the rest of the team.
The client 131 link was taken from the Osirose forums,
The Launcher was made by nhed57, I took the link from Akai’s narose/osrose guide.
Navicat and MySql links were also taken from Akai’s guide.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
this is bs, i do everything you tell me to.. and it works and all, but as soon as i get the server and channel screen, when i try to enter a channel, it says "blablabla, server maintenance,blablabla" and i didnt do anything wrong, i followed your guide, i followed the other guide, none worked! ive been trying this for 2 days and its pissing me off. rose evo works perfectly, why is this crap not working? help me fix it please. sorry if i seem disrespectful in some way, but ive been wasting 2 days for no reasons and its annoying.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
That comes that MySQL Channel not change so you need to change that at your own...
Over some days I will post a working guide...
Whit out errors...

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
if you read what they do, the servers update the mysql channels table them selfs now so you dont tutch it, it will will be replaced w/ anything that is in the config files. as i said on the guide, i was doing everything as i wrote it and i was able to connect and play so i dont know what you are doing wrong. Maybe there is a port that is being blocked PatTheCow, by your isp? Could also try changing any and all the ip's to 127.0.0.1 and see if it will work that way, but wont allow others to join.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
It doesnt work even with the 127.0.0.1... and evo works with 127.0.0.1 but not with my wan ip, this is weird, i followed every step.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Look, I am telling you that everything is correct and it should be enough, I port forwarded everything, I checked the ips a hundred time (not even exaggerating). I tried a thousand times to re-install AND NOTHING! Still the same server maintenance thing. At least with evo, I can log on alone,But people can't log on my server which is pissing me off.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I would like to say dubble check everything again but you've done it over and over. Do you have a static wanip and lanip?

Also i just added the item/mob/zone lists.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I told you, I checked a hundred times my ips and all. no need to recheck...even if I recheck, everything is how it should be! Can you post a guide on how the person that uses your server is supposed to install his client? Cause it might be that the person is installing the client wrong too.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
installing the client isnt anything specile, for the client i have posted just extract the folder in it, place the launcher files in it, setup the config for the launcher and run the launcher. For my client i made it into a instalation file so its more automated, but still, install normaly, and run the provided launcher. Ill elaberate more on the guide about the client i sapouse..... Is your isp blocking anything? is your account on windows being blocked for anything (parental settings)? if you have vista, have you tried running everything in admin mode?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
New rev out, rev 70, will be posting later today.
Changelog:
fixed invisible drops
fixed monsters not moving
fixed quest functions(main quest works and tested two job quests from visitor to artisan and from visitor to raider and cartdriveskill quest)

Thanks to the osirose team for the release!

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hey man, Client 131 link is dead, do you think you could upload it again on a different site please?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
my darn worldserver keeps crashing the whole time...
is if because of vista, or any other reasons?
it keeps tellin me:
"[ERROR] Error allocating memory
[LOADING] Loading 3Ddata\QuestData\QJ000-01.qsd
This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information"

is anyone able to help me out please?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hi
The Client link dont work!?
Anyone have a Downloadlink for Client 131?
Thanks a lot

Look..I Can Fly~!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
use ruffrose client!! or make your own damm client

-sama
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Ohh,
Sorry, and
Thank You.

Hey,
Can I put the Ruff-Rose Client to a Rar? because, I will edit Ruff-Rose to my own Rose?
I'm just using it to got a client.

EDIT(ADDED):
Where can I find my STB and QSD in my Client?
What Folder? (Ruff - Rose)

Cause I don't see that in my 3DDATA on my Client(Ruff-Rose)?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
you need to extrac the files out use a extractor.

Back