Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

OsRose Dev Rev Install Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
sorry I don't have any of those clients.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Anyone tested this one under linux ?

As far as I know Linux doesn't handle .exe's very well, and since the output of the compiled server is an .exe you would have to launch the server this way in the cmd prmpt:
Code:
/path/to/executable/Loginserver.exe
/path/to/executable/Charserver.exe
/path/to/executable/Worldserver.exe
Or some other similar bash cmd

Some people say that if you have Gnome/Kde you should just be able to launch the .exe but I've not tested that.

cats addicted
Loyal Member
Reaction score
As far as I know Linux doesn't handle .exe's very well, and since the output of the compiled server is an .exe
Cant the code be compiled directly under Linux ? Havent checked the code itself. If its c++ it should work fine ( if its not missing any library ).

Some people say that if you have Gnome/Kde you should just be able to launch the .exe but I've not tested that.

KDE/Gnome/XFCE just hook exe files with wine. Thats the same like "wine xxxxx.exe" command in console. Btw they all start with wine, but the log shows exactly nothing, could be because of user permissions.

---edit:---
corrected some typos :D:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back