Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Design concept to a Graphical Engine for Priston Tale [DEBATE IDEAS]

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello, how are you guys doing?
I've seen some projects at this point of transporting Priston files into another engine, Unreal or Unity for example. Me myself was considering it at some point. Buuuut, its way to much work to recode a server to Priston (recoding the Client is actually ok, but making it work with a current server isnt).

So here its my idea for something DOABLE - Create a client that is only graphical, what do I mean?

The current client would still running, this graphical client would only intercept the necessary data, sent from the server, to render the game and send the inputs to the client that comunicates with server.

FOR EXAMPLE: This graphical engine will need of information of this nature: There is a Char of Class X, in coordiantes X,Y, equipping X item and executing X animation. Same for monsters and NPCS, and all in screen.

But how is the best way to get this data? That is what I hope that you awesome guys (with awesome knowledge about priston) can aswaner and debate!

It its by using a edited version of an source code client, to output this data?

It its by using an inject DLL that read this data?

Or it is by coding the graphic engine in a way that she by herself read this data sent from the server, without even touching the current client? (as if she only listen to the server, but dont aswner)
I don't have a clue! But I know that once I got this data, its something that I can build, and hopefully something that can grows as a opensource beast project!

I love this game, and so does my country (Brazil) and would be awesome to give it a life of this kind!

peeaacee

RZA-PT | KilroyPT
Reaction score
making all the core functionality server side is definitely the way anyone working with source should go (if nothing else, for security and to stop exploits)
but what you're talking about would take a serious bit of re-working, i think doing so by dll wouldnt be the best way to achieve, a ground up restructure seems more logical.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I am afraid that I'm unable to help recoding a server. At least a server that comunicates with the current client. The code is so messy, there are so many useless packets going on, and everthing causes a crash. For what i've seen, people had not pass through the login screen with a custom client.

This idea have only the purpose of creating a graphical enchacement. And this can be a starting piece that can evolve to a full client with a server made for it, but realisticly, I dont think that would happen because is basically a remake.

The only thing that I would need to this project is being able to ouput, to a log, the basics information going on in the current client, and being able to send input to it, without even touching its code. The log would be read from Unity, and it make the render, there is already a member with a Unity project that cant be used for this idea.

I am a game designer, more than anything, I will make a post with my ideas... I am concepting a redesign of the game mechanics with the tools that the game already offers, with a visual kick, it can be something that can offer a lot of FUN for the general players from the old days. Unfortunately, the hackers had to be deal with the good old ban.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
You should find FPT (FortressPT) Source code for their DLL and their complete client and server resources. They were released somewhere.. most of what you were looking for could be answered by that source.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
zlynteW - Design concept to a Graphical Engine for Priston Tale [DEBATE IDEAS] - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
New today:
gN4NtTF - Design concept to a Graphical Engine for Priston Tale [DEBATE IDEAS] - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Improved fps:
mikh4chu - Design concept to a Graphical Engine for Priston Tale [DEBATE IDEAS] - RaGEZONE Forums

Last edited:
Back