Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Files Translations Idea

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello, forum. This is my first post here so, welcome for me. xD

I've been thinking if someone have translated the files that configures the PT, like
monsters .inf files and so on, because they were written in korean and when we
open them we see this things: ¹«¸®°¡ ÇÊ¿äÇÑ ¸ó½ºÅÍÀÇ ¼ö ÃÖ¼ÒX-ÃÖ´ëX

Here's what i've done:

korean.JPG - Files Translations Idea - RaGEZONE Forums

and then used google to translate:

english.JPG - Files Translations Idea - RaGEZONE Forums

So my question is - someone is already doing this or its done ?
and if not, could we make this to substitute all the texts to be in english ? like
a default for server releases, for sure it will be more easy to handle and adjust
the server configurations this way

and thats it, thanks for your help and attention
PS. im not american, so my english its not the better, at least this is not google translated =)

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ohh , be welcome!
Actually it would be very interesting to translate files like this , like you said it would be best to handle :d

good luck

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
You can see Korean letters properly if chose right encoding (CP949).

If you are planing to translate monsters names than do it in .zhoon files
*J_NAME "HOPY"
or else you will have to hex new names into server.

Actually do everything (Monster/NPC/OpenItem) using .zhoon files.

Reaction score
I guess you are after this? http://forum.ragezone.com/f562/documentation-types-readable-data-files-720332/
All types of readable files with english texts.
Credits to trungnt88

How ever making the server recognise the comands in english. I dunno how.
Perhaps its just a simple matter of working through in hex. But probaby more complex than that.

Would be something good to find out :p

Oh well it seems that all those commands are hidden in the sever exe.

SubNinja - Files Translations Idea - RaGEZONE Forums

You could spend your entire life putting in the eglish words in the space provided in the server exe, then relaying those changes to the thousands of different item files.

Or you could add in a notation in English above the Korean command in the settings file explaining what the command does.

Last edited:
Staff member
Reaction score
You could spend your entire life putting in the eglish words in the space provided in the server exe, then relaying those changes to the thousands of different item files.

Or you could add in a notation in English above the Korean command in the settings file explaining what the command does.

lol yeah

You can make a program to add comments in the ini files which would be more easy and fast than hex the server

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yeah thanks for that link SunnyZ, very good to know that

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Yes, I converted all the Korean text files into CSV form, and was writing a program to turn them back into the Korean text. I wanted to make the server read either the CSV, or preferably a binary database, or SQL.

I never did that, but I think we've all translated the text files at some point.

The other thought I wanted to pursue, but never found the time, was to implement a "text editor" which would translate the file as it loaded (multiple search and replace) and then translate it back again when it saved.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
may i ask you some question?
how to chose right encoding?
with what editor?
should i install the encoding you said?

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
or you can put that text into html file inside a parragraph , end each line with a <br> tag and set the proper encoding for the html, and let google do the magic :p

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
may i ask you some question?
how to chose right encoding?
with what editor?
should i install the encoding you said?

One possible way, among others, is using Micro$oft Word, when you open the file, a window appear for you to select
the proper encoding, and the Word reads the file.
I have downloaded a korean version of Windows XP, installed in a virtual machine and opened the file in notepad,
the file opens naturally, because it was made in a korean computer, and I personally think it's very easiest to work with all these files
in a korean system.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
or you can put that text into html file inside a parragraph , end each line with a <br> tag and set the proper encoding for the html, and let google do the magic :p
thank you,it is work~
thanks all of you.

One possible way, among others, is using Micro$oft Word, when you open the file, a window appear for you to select
the proper encoding, and the Word reads the file.
I have downloaded a korean version of Windows XP, installed in a virtual machine and opened the file in notepad,
the file opens naturally, because it was made in a korean computer, and I personally think it's very easiest to work with all these files
in a korean system.

it is work,thank you,and this method is easy to do.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I usually use MadEdit and select CP949 EUC-KR encoding, but I've also done the Korean Windows install method. I do not like the Word approach because Word is too keen to break the file writing back out.

Other text editors can work too, and I wrote a guide on doing this in the Tutorials section. .

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Oh well it seems that all those commands are hidden in the sever exe.

SubNinja - Files Translations Idea - RaGEZONE Forums

Actually, the language DLL I injected into the client (and I believe PT+ is improving that idea now too) did it in one hit.

In the language file you note the offsets of each Korean string, then the translated string, and it then reads only configuration files written in English.

ie. all existing server configs become invalid and you have to re-write them all... but you can use batch search and replace with grep-like-tool ... Notepad++ and MadEdit both have "Search and replace in files" options equivalent to sed [GNU Stream EDitor] but neither as powerful as grep regular expression matching. But you also don't need it. A Perl script (probably php too) would do a beautiful job... So, there are lots of options. ^_^

You could follow the Fantasy route too and add a section with English translations and update pointers to the Korean string tables to point at the translated version. It's actually read like an array of variable length elements. So after one string, look for another, if it exists continue looping to look for a match, so (IMS) you only need to update one pointer for each time that each table is used. (some tables are re-used in other lexers)

What does that mean? Well, sometimes you see the same group of verbs (commands / key words) show up in NPCs and in Monsters (for example) or in Armour and Weapon style items... that's the same verb list being used in lexical analysis routines for more than one type of file. You'll also find more than one verb list being checked against all the lines of a certain type, and limited verb lists being used to check lines following certain verbs. So when a line is found which does not match any verb on the limited list, that signals the end of that block and we go back to a full search.

The same applies where nouns (like a verb list, but values rather than instructions) are used mid-line, when we get the Korean "Nil" for (what I'm told is termed) "Air Drop" or when it's used to indicate an integer less than 0 and greater than -1. (it's not just zero, it's actually nothing at all XD this happens in PT when attributes may have a value of 0 or 250 or 5000 or -200 but may also be "unlisted", which is not 0 or any other value:wink:)

There seems to be "something like" a macro in the source which creates a basic line lexer, so the code for each of these reads is very similar in it's operation, but with differences in the word lists it compares against, how many of them there is, what the search string terminator(s) is / are. (Space or Tab? Carriage Return, Line Feed pair? Space only? Space or Tab, or Comma etc.)

Each time a match is found on the input with a word on the word list, it is enumerated, and the result is passed to a switch, case type code block for processing of the enumerated command. That processing often involves more lexical analysis with more word lists.

Oh... and, of course, between each word going into the enumeration routine, there is lexical filtering to trim white space and punctuation, which also seems to be macroed. (it could be a common function the the assembly optimizer has decided to "break out" into full code, but since it doesn't look "optimal" to my eye, I suspect it was macro generated code)

Last edited:
Back