Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Launcher

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
My little "approach" to C# ;)

It's not finished yet but it can be used to configure ptReg.rgx in GUI so I decided to release it.
So far working TABs are "Settings" and left half of "DEV Settings".

To hide "hotuk.ini" and "DEV Settings" tabs remove or rename those 2 lines in Launcher.ini:
"DEVSettingsTab"="show"
"HotukIniTab"="show"

If you are using "kPT or test kPT" then in "DEV Settings" set "Full screen key" to "WindowMode", all other PT clients using "FullMode", including MPT.

For test kPT set "Game version key" to "Test", all other clients should use normal.

Configuration is saved when you close Launcher.

I wont be talking about other setting since you should know them already.

SS:

zJVrk - Launcher - RaGEZONE Forums

vT4Cu - Launcher - RaGEZONE Forums

OUVi9 - Launcher - RaGEZONE Forums

LINK:

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I'm closer to finish. I redesigned few things and added images. Notice and server list are now downloaded from web server.
Now I have to connect servers, IPs and names, pass shortened keys to game.exe and add more error exceptions.

C# is more flexible the I thought.

SS from v0.0.2b:

K9Sz3 - Launcher - RaGEZONE Forums

u518K - Launcher - RaGEZONE Forums

4kbuy - Launcher - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Brilliant. And needed for a long time now. Very nice release. Look foward to seeing more. :)

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I remember when users had that ability. Apparently it was abused, so only mods can close now. We are asked not to do so unless something goes wildly wrong with a thread though... better to let threads die gracefully. :):

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
And you where right, this thread is still in use for me as I need help. Development section was "bullseye". I can "spam" questions here while maintaining release thread clean.

I have problem with hotuk.ini, configuration/translation/understanding/values, I don't understand:

Code:
*배경화면

Translation: Background or Wallpaper
Parameters: Unknown
Effect: Unknown

Might be connected with other word? But still unknown type and number of parameters it take.

Code:
*메뉴화면

Translation: Screen menu

Might work in SERVER MODE only? Disable menu? But still unknown type and number of parameters it take.

Code:
*나쁜놈

Translation: Bastards

Absolutely no idea...

Code:
*지형모델

Translation: Terrain models

Fields related? But how?

Code:
*지형물체

Translation: Terrain objects

Fields related? But how?

Code:
*배경밝기

Translation: Background brightness

I'd does not do what translation says... or it's not working.

Code:
*배경선명도

Translation: Background sharpness
Parameters: Unknown or same as Graphic detail? Can't override Graphic detail?
Effect: Unknown or same as Graphic detail? Can't override Graphic detail?

Not sure here.

Code:
*조명각도

Translation: Lighting Angle
Parameters: Unknown or from 0 to 360
Effect: Unknown or rotate lights?

That would be strange because PT shadows are baked.

Code:
*몬스터지정

Translation: Monster specify, on ePT and jPT it's called *MONSTER_KEY

Monster designation, name? I have no idea what it should do. Could be SERVER MODE related.

Code:
*지형애니

Translation: Terrain Annie, Annie look like kr short for animation, like jp anime short for animation but I'm not sure, this is only logical translation I could get out of it

Everything else is either working or I understand what it does. So if anyone can help me I would appreciate it.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I have played with these, and more "unknowns" on the servers. I don't *know* what most of them do, but have gained some "hints".
Code:
*배경화면

Translation: Background or Wallpaper
I think it means the skybox... but I haven't found the *right* parameter to change it.
Code:
*메뉴화면

Translation: Screen menu
I think this is connected with the login options, and guessed it may relate to the "HanDes" alternate login methods?
Code:
*나쁜놈

Translation: Bastards
Many translate this as "Bad guy" (I think it's only Google which has this uncouth translation, but many translators are a front end to Google) I take "bad guy" (or the alternative) to mean "villain". This could refer to Player Kills, Loot Thief, or Kill Steal. It could also refer to the Debug users ability to log in as a monster or enemy. Maybe the server can treat a Debug users as being on the "monsters side"?

In the days of Beta playing, the biggest complaints from players where KS and Loot Thieving. (on our server) However, we gather that other regions must have complained about, what we now call, Twinking, or Power Levelling. (where one or more high level characters kit out a noobie for free, then take them to high level kills in a party to farm XP they shouldn't be capable of) We all thought it was a "nice" game dynamic, as you could "rush" new friends to your play area, or move to a new character class quite easily, without going through all the low level grind... but they stopped it by making the Exp relative to your damage on monsters and limiting level difference in parties. :( (those "features" weren't in the Beta, in case you don't remember ^_^)
Code:
*지형모델

Translation: Terrain models
I think it's to do with either field folder, which could be used to have different detail levels, or the reduced detail textures, but only for maps, and not every model in the game.
Code:
*지형물체

Translation: Terrain objects
Pretty sure this is the animated, but inanimate objects on the map... but I'm not sure what options or possibilities exist.
Code:
*배경밝기

Translation: Background brightness

I'd does not do what translation says... or it's not working.
I'm pretty sure it *did* in the Pre-AOR client. You remember how dark everything was? Especially at night. Some people configured it to be brighter... but I'm pretty sure they changed the way lighting works post AOR, and this may have no effect at all now.
Code:
*배경선명도

Translation: Background sharpness
Parameters: Unknown or same as Graphic detail? Can't override Graphic detail?
Effect: Unknown or same as Graphic detail? Can't override Graphic detail?
Again, I think this relates to the reduced detail (low res) bitmaps for landscape textures. They get "mushy" in the distance, and more "mushy" the more distant they are. (unless you turn that off, as I do) DirectX Surface files (DDS) have this ability built in. I'm guessing it should disable, or adjust the distance at which "mushinesses" occurs.
Code:
*조명각도

Translation: Lighting Angle
Parameters: Unknown or from 0 to 360
No... it's the same angles as NPCs and the player. 0 - 127 is it?
Effect: Unknown or rotate lights?

That would be strange because PT shadows are baked.
It's the "phong" style shading on players and NPCs... not shadows. You may notice that players have a "shine" applied, which makes their model look like fresh "plastic". The angle at which that is applied to the character can be changed here. I always do this, but it's not *very* noticeable. At the extremes, it's only if the white flare is on the left or right side of your head when facing in a certain direction. :(
Code:
*몬스터지정

Translation: Monster specify, on ePT and jPT it's called *MONSTER_KEY

Monster designation, name? I have no idea what it should do. Could be SERVER MODE related.
Yea... sorry. No idea. It could be related to "bad guy", in terms of which enemy, or faction the debug user is logging in as. (maybe, Daemon, Undead etc.)
Code:
*지형애니

Translation: Terrain Annie, Annie look like kr short for animation, like jp anime short for animation but I'm not sure, this is only logical translation I could get out of it
Again, this must be connected to the animation objects placed on the land. Could be their speed, or frame skip?

Now... I determined the Server parameters by following each "else if" on the list. (it looks like "else if" rather than "switch case") They all call one of about three common subroutines. One handles key-words / strings, one numbers, one true or false statements and there is a special one for IP numbers IMS.

If you name those routines appropriately, you can see like:-
Code:
CALL DWord Ptr[GetWord]
CALL DWord Ptr[CheckEOL]
TEST EAX
JZ Exit
CALL DWord Ptr[CheckDelim]
TEST EAX
JZ Next
CALL DWord Ptr[ClearDelim]
Next:
CALL DWord Ptr[GetNumber]
CALL DWord Ptr[CheckEOL]
TEST EAX
JZ Exit
CALL DWord Ptr[CheckDelim]
etc.
That's just off the top of my head, and from memory ofc. But trust me that it does start making sense when you identify those routines and name them up. :wink:

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
*배경화면

I think it means the skybox... but I haven't found the *right* parameter to change it.

I tried skybox names, numbers, path... not working or it's overridden. You can change skybox using gm scuts keys but they are changed back right away. It could be same with this. Maybe it was "static" in "old" PT.

*메뉴화면
I think this is connected with the login options, and guessed it may relate to the "HanDes" alternate login methods?

It would make "more" sense if this option would enable "GM overlay" on start... but I guess anything is possible when google translator is involved ;)

*나쁜놈
Many translate this as "Bad guy" (I think it's only Google which has this uncouth translation, but many translators are a front end to Google) I take "bad guy" (or the alternative) to mean "villain". This could refer to Player Kills, Loot Thief, or Kill Steal. It could also refer to the Debug users ability to log in as a monster or enemy. Maybe the server can treat a Debug users as being on the "monsters side"?

In the days of Beta playing, the biggest complaints from players where KS and Loot Thieving. (on our server) However, we gather that other regions must have complained about, what we now call, Twinking, or Power Levelling. (where one or more high level characters kit out a noobie for free, then take them to high level kills in a party to farm XP they shouldn't be capable of) We all thought it was a "nice" game dynamic, as you could "rush" new friends to your play area, or move to a new character class quite easily, without going through all the low level grind... but they stopped it by making the Exp relative to your damage on monsters and limiting level difference in parties. :( (those "features" weren't in the Beta, in case you don't remember ^_^)

I like "bastard" translation ;)
I thought about using player name as parameter but it's doing noting. Not even when player is in monster form.

It would be nice it player with "*나쁜놈" was able to PK and be PKed.

*지형모델
*지형물체
I think it's to do with either field folder, which could be used to have different detail levels, or the reduced detail textures, but only for maps, and not every model in the game.

I found 2 files in "castle" field folder:

Code:
first named: 좌표.txt translated as Coordinates.txt, containing:

*지형모델         castle\castle.ase        34769     -23062
*지형물체        castle\wf_gate_ani.ase

Code:
second file: 폴더경로_좌표.txt translated as The path to the folder_coordinates.txt, containing: 

*지형모델         castle\castle.ase        35225     -23847

same * names as in hotuk.ini but those parameters doing nothing. Coordinates are pointing to some space near house with npc... nothing special about place. But for some reason I thin they are related to first version of BC or this is no longer used.

*배경밝기
I'm pretty sure it *did* in the Pre-AOR client. You remember how dark everything was? Especially at night. Some people configured it to be brighter... but I'm pretty sure they changed the way lighting works post AOR, and this may have no effect at all now.

I remember that people where doing light hacks because it was so dark ;)

So I guess its disabled/have no effect at all.

*배경선명도
Again, I think this relates to the reduced detail (low res) bitmaps for landscape textures. They get "mushy" in the distance, and more "mushy" the more distant they are. (unless you turn that off, as I do) DirectX Surface files (DDS) have this ability built in. I'm guessing it should disable, or adjust the distance at which "mushinesses" occurs.

So my assumption was right? It's same as "graphic" detail in .rgx config?

*조명각도

It's the "phong" style shading on players and NPCs... not shadows. You may notice that players have a "shine" applied, which makes their model look like fresh "plastic". The angle at which that is applied to the character can be changed here. I always do this, but it's not *very* noticeable. At the extremes, it's only if the white flare is on the left or right side of your head when facing in a certain direction. :(

I fail to see difference. Can I have SS?

*몬스터지정

Yea... sorry. No idea. It could be related to "bad guy", in terms of which enemy, or faction the debug user is logging in as. (maybe, Daemon, Undead etc.)

I tested many options and nothing :/

*지형애니

Again, this must be connected to the animation objects placed on the land. Could be their speed, or frame skip?

Now... I determined the Server parameters by following each "else if" on the list. (it looks like "else if" rather than "switch case") They all call one of about three common subroutines. One handles key-words / strings, one numbers, one true or false statements and there is a special one for IP numbers IMS.

If you name those routines appropriately, you can see like:-Code:

CALL DWord Ptr[GetWord]CALL DWord Ptr[CheckEOL]TEST EAXJZ ExitCALL DWord Ptr[CheckDelim]TEST EAXJZ NextCALL DWord Ptr[ClearDelim]Next:CALL DWord Ptr[GetNumber]CALL DWord Ptr[CheckEOL]TEST EAXJZ ExitCALL DWord Ptr[CheckDelim]etc.

That's just off the top of my head, and from memory ofc. But trust me that it does start making sense when you identify those routines and name them up. :wink:

I will have to analyse this. But I think most of those functions are not working.

BTW just to confirm, those are doing nothing?

//Server address
#*서버주소

//Server port
#*서버포트

//Data server port
#*데이타서버포트

//Data server address
#*데이타서버주소

//Character server port
#*캐릭터서버주소

//Character server address
#*캐릭터서버포트

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I like "bastard" translation ;)
It's not an accurate translation. A "bastard" is a fatherless (orphaned) or disinherited (disowned in disgrace) child. (usually son) While it's not uncommon practice to "throw" the word as an insult to anyone you dislike, the word does not mean "bad guy", "villain" or "wrong doer" as I believe the Korean refers to.
It would be nice it player with "*나쁜놈" was able to PK and be PKed.
Agreed. It would be very nice to have a PvP flag, that some players would simply not be able to attack players or be attacked by them, while others could PvP all over, at the players digression.
I found 2 files in "castle" field folder:

Code:
first named: 좌표.txt translated as Coordinates.txt, containing:

*지형모델         castle\castle.ase        34769     -23062

Code:
second file: 폴더경로_좌표.txt translated as The path to the folder_coordinates.txt, containing: 

*지형모델         castle\castle.ase        35225     -23847
I'm sure wf_gate_ani.ase is a WarpGate animation mesh. Should there not be a Warp Gate in Bless Castle? There is one on the island outside, but perhaps there was one inside the castle before it is first "won"?
I remember that people where doing light hacks because it was so dark ;)

So I guess its disabled/have no effect at all.
Yes... but "users" think of custom hotuk.ini as being a "hack"... The term just barely fits. It's utilising an undocumented feature, or Easter-egg to gain an advantage. Then again, we where on CRTs then, and if your monitor was particularly dark... you needed it. :D: No advantage, you just needed it. I really liked the "moody" feel. ^_^
So my assumption was right? It's same as "graphic" detail in .rgx config?
Can you reduce the "graphic" option without making characters low res? I don't think it's quite the same. I actually disable loading of the low res equivalents. If you look in town with a default texture set, you can see a ring around your player where the repeating texture drops it's resolution... that may have reduced the GPU load at one time, but now it just eats an unnecessary amount of extra GFX RAM... and main memory too. :(:
I fail to see difference. Can I have SS?
I tried making one to illustrate the command before, I can't get my character to stand in exactly the same place with the lighting effect clearly visible twice in 2 logins. :( It really is so minimal it's hardly noticeable. I may even be "imagining" that I'm seeing it, since I hardly notice when you render the models without lighting, or with more accurate lighting. :\:
BTW just to confirm, those are doing nothing?
They do "something", but I don't think it affects the client. They all set global variables in the client. The question is if any routine ever reads those global variables, and if so does that read affect the operation of the routine? I'm not sure.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
It's not an accurate translation. A "bastard" is a fatherless (orphaned) or disinherited (disowned in disgrace) child. (usually son) While it's not uncommon practice to "throw" the word as an insult to anyone you dislike, the word does not mean "bad guy", "villain" or "wrong doer" as I believe the Korean refers to.

I browsed some korean MV and they all translating "나쁜놈" to "Bad boy", sometimes "Bad guy". While "bastard" might not be "nice" word I think it would be nicest thing that you would hear from player you PKed, but I think this was used to track if players that GM suspect of hacking are online. Translation always giving me "plural" form so its just a wild guess.

I checked etymology of word "bastard" and its actually
"illegitimate child," early 13c., from O.Fr. bastard (11c., Mod.Fr. bâtard), "acknowledged child of a nobleman by a woman other than his wife," probably from fils de bast "packsaddle son," meaning a child conceived on an improvised bed (saddles often doubled as beds while traveling), with pejorative ending -art (see -ard). Alternative possibly is that the word is from P.Gmc. *banstiz "barn," equally suggestive of low origin.

Not always regarded as a stigma; the Conqueror is referred to in state documents as "William the Bastard." Figurative sense of "something not pure or genuine" is late 14c.; use as a vulgar term of abuse for a man is attested from 1830. As an adjective from late 14c. Among the "bastard" words in Halliwell-Phillipps' "Dictionary of Archaic and Provincial Words" are avetrol, chance-bairn, by-blow, harecoppe, horcop, and gimbo ("a bastard's bastard").

I don't know if english have word for it but for me it sounds like something that lost its "vulgar" form, devulgarization? World that is not longer recognized as vulgar.

e.g. from IT Crowd:

"People what a bunch of bastards" ;)

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Used in that sense is how the Google translate expects it to be understood, and it is still vulgar.

More vulgarity and "bad language" inside, this OT spoiler:- (reader discretion is advised)
He could just as easily have said "Arseholes" or "shitheads". It's vulgar, but a common vulgarity... like saying "Oh bugger it!" (Buggery being the act of anal penetration for the sexual gratification of at least one person and that term being a common expletive used to comic effect by the character Death in Terry Pratchets' Disc Word series of novels) The frequent use of the word does dull the shock factor of it's vulgar nature, but we still use it in it's correct sense, as well as an insult or curse, so it doesn't become less vulgar.

It isn't actually any less vulgar for me to say "poo!" (as I often do) than to use the famous four letter "S" word. It just doesn't have those sharp "sh" and hard "t" sounds to it, so when thrown as a curse it has a comic effect rather than a scathing one. It still refers to the same messy, smelly, brown stuff though.

Yes, "illegitimate" is a correct equivalent. In contemporary use, it is more commonly applied to "wild" children, (those conceived in communes of "free love" where monogamous relations are shunned and children are considered a "communal" responsibility) those born to absentee fathers, (those who are not seen or heard from after the conception is announced) or the offspring of "loose" women who are unable to keep track of the partners who may have been responsible for their confinement. (or, at least 50% responsible XD)

With such non-slang uses, you can understand why it is used to "put down" a person you do not like, and why it is, and should always be, quite vulgar. (unless we all convert to one big "free love" commune... as that is the only society where a man failing to accept the responsibilities of parenthood should be acceptable) In a modern society, where masturbation is no longer seen as a symptom of mental disease, devil worship or even sexual ineptitude, calling someone a "spanker" is actually far less vulgar. You may even be able to find a stand up show where famously mimed that hand movement and lip read the word as see through a car window when someone doesn't like his driving style, and then switches back to himself to say "Who? Me?... Yes I am thank you." with a big grin. :D:

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
The Launcher, WindowMode not working if dont have admin.ini

cause i try it in normal mode and always in FULL SCREEN but when i use admin mode i can do window mode, please fix.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
If your game.exe can't run in window mode without hotuk.ini/admin.ini than your game does not support window mode for users.
Or maybe your game.exe is triggered by different setting in ptReg maybe it not "WindowMode" but "FullMode" and maybe its "On" or "oN" or "ON" or "on".
I doubt that anything is wrong with launcher.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Yea, most client executables need code patch to allow window mode for non-debug players. (and it's usually the *DEBUG part, not the *ADMIN part which causes the DC / crash)

Vormav and I have both documented pretty complete descriptions of changing window mode code which is far superior to the clients official servers dish out. ;) A couple of them did stray out with the ability left in for all players though. So it's not all bad. ^_^

Back