Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Laxe Lore [aka modified Priston Tale engine]

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Maybe the obvious implications of this aren't obvious to some so I will explain: new stuff can be ported to the old engine and vice versa. The leaked PT server can probably even be modified to work with this "new" game.

Took a bit of searching to find that, I don't know if it is clean.

A quick search of the exe and I figured out how to do windowed mode.

resource\system\Option.ini looks like our clientside "hotuk.ini."
Put "windowmode=1" without quotes under the [exe] section of options.ini.

So has the community overlooked this or are the old devs still tired of PT?

--- Edit [bobsobol] ---
Cloud stores:-
382 Meg Original Setup / Installer. 2009-06-28 [MD5=1F6F701F80DB9A691F76DCC4AF6A2101]
420 Meg 7zip archive from SunnyZ
Nobody wanted to let me upload the bigger files anywhere free, so I've had to split them. The Box.net folder is a pretty easy share though, and they let me have quite a lot of space, so. You'll probably find lots of Laxe goodies in there as they finish uploading. ^_^

Last edited by a moderator:
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
never saw pics of this game and i head is like pt but more toon so if thats true, wont worth to expend time in that.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Laxe Lore trailer for those who are curious:

Photos here:

I never heard of Laxe Lore before. Interesting post Bobbman. Thanks!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Eu Ja Tinha Esse Client Do Laxe Lore ^^
Existe Um Link No FileFront

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had the Client This Laxe Lore ^ ^
There is a link on FileFront

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I took a look at it. Sounded cool.

I think the servers are down now... I can't find any officials supporting logins for it.

Installed the client, and I think the statement "new stuff can be ported to the old engine and vice versa." is something of an exaggeration.

You can import models and animations from Quake into PT if you understand both model format well enough, very few of the resources in the Lax Lore client are similar format to PT client files... thought the maps and models resemble PTs very much.

Here's what I found out about the resources in the client (since I can't play it unless I can find a server that I can connect and log in to).

1) Sound effects, speech etc are plain MS WAV format files... they play fine in WMP, and will work in PT.
2) Background music is MP3s. They play fine, and converting them would be no problem.
3) User interface is a mixture of TGAs and DDSs (Direct Draw Surface files) so are pretty easy to work with. Their are DDS importers for Adobe PS, PSP, GIMP etc.
4) Models for Maps, characters and monsters are modified Gamebryo / NetImmense engine files. Anyone who has worked on mods for Morrowind / Oblivion / DAoC / Fallout 3 will be familiar with these, and *some* of the NIF editors for those games will work (to some extent) on these files.
5) Animations are .kf files, like Oblivion or Fallout 3, I haven't tested them to see how "standard" they are.
6) Textures for 3D objects are the most strange. They are in a modified form of NIF to hole "Pixelmap" data... which I've never seen done before. If anyone knows a tool to read NIF Pixelmap files please let us know.

There are NIF importers and exporters for Blender. The modification I mention is that the latest version of the NIF format file is somewhere around version 3 (googling), and the newest I've seen are 2.6 ish. The version these files are set to be compatible with is "90.0.0.4" which freaks many NIF editors out right away.

NIBLE can read the structure just fine however.
NifSkope is more common for editing Nifs, as it can represent them as 3D objects, and edit the attributes in the tree view as well. But these files are not standard enough for it to read them as they are.

I haven't tried Blender, and as I suck at 3D I'm not the right person to do so. If someone knowledgeable can try and report their success of failure that would be great. A how-to would be even better. :drool:

Looking at the exe... it appears to be coded far better that PTs game.exe (at first glance) with modern DirectX calls and true 3D usage. It appears to be build entirely in MS VC++, but is still statically linking some command line tools into the main program. So I begin to wonder if Yedang regularly make use of an Exe Wrapper of some kind.:glare:

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Okay... I know I'm bumping, and I know it's three weeks ago, but this is actually quite interesting. If anyone knows where there is a LL server that we can still connect to, or how to make one I'd very much like to know...

More importantly, I've learned some more on the LL data files. The Nifs are fine, and NiPixelData is (apparently) perfectly acceptable for NetImmense/GameBryo files, but not that commonly used.

The problem with loading them in standard Nif tools is only the version number... so Hex it...
bobbman - Laxe Lore [aka modified Priston Tale engine] - RaGEZONE Forums
change the 9 to a 2 and it loads fine in NifSkope.

The biggest problem will be armour for player characters, because LL uses separate Armour, Gloves and Boots models which neatly match together. PT of course only shows a body and head, so having sexy combinations of armours doesn't happen in PT, but is possible in LL. ^_^

NifSkope can export the model to .obj which you can import in to Max or WHY... but textures are still being problematic. Apparently there are older versions of NifSkope that can export NiPixelData to TGA or DDS but the present versions have problems. :s

EDIT:----

Oh yea, BTW some of the NiPixelData files (which should be "baked in" to the Nif) are linked incorrectly... this example above of a Kion linked to Kion.nif (as the NiPixelData texture) but the file was renamed to Kion_Original.Nif... it's easy to fix. ;)

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
OK, well you guys dont seem to know so lemme explain a bit:

This was out in around 2006-2007, Yedang realised how poop there game was in modern terms and times, they basically created a polished version of PT, completely re-wrote the client and all, they then decided with PT2 on the way they wanted to launch that and polish that to the best of there ability. LaxeLore was put on the backburn. After PT2 was released there was alot of comotion in Korea and after a following of around 40k players they decided that what was the point in a new version of PT1 when PT2 was already out?

Well thats the story, all completely new :).
Sorry about that but you would have to re-alocate everything.
But PLEASE keep try and i will help too! Just tell me what i ned to do :p.

Peace!
Unzubaru!

EDIT: I can 3D Model stuff if you need to test

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
so, this laxe lore game makes mech ish characters able to also use 2 claws? D: damn, I really hope you can get up one of those servers that'd be cool~

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Thanks unzubaru.

I'm not convinced about dual welding... What I can say, is that there where more than 8 classes, and you could play male or female in each class... so female Magician, male Priest... no problem.

The meshes for these player characters are in the client nif files, so if you can convert them to smb / smd or just into an ase and let the PT client do the rest then you can use these meshes for PT.

There are a tonne of new NPCs still in the PT style, and the animation in the new NPCs and PCs is far more realistic than it was in vanilla PT. There where also a number of PC emote animations... like the WoW /dance /kiss type things, or "yahoo" or "yes!" in PT, but lots of them, not just one. It would be fantastic if we could extend "yahoo" to support these new emotes.

Now I have some understanding of the .nif and .kf files from Elder Scrolls modding... and they are fairly competent. For example 3D motion capture mapping works really well. But I don't know how animations are applied in 3D Studio, or how PT works animations from the ASE files, but it seems to keep an ASE model, and an ASE animation and combine them in memory, just as LL keeps a .nif model and a .kf animation.

Blender is usually used to create new .nif and .kf as it has competent python imports and exports for them... it's not very good at working with ASE files though. :S

Some examples of the included artworks?

A new NPC:
and an old friend:

This is not a PT mesh in NifSkope... this is Verkan as he appears in Laxe Lore.

Player Armour:

This is only a male chest piece mesh... boots and gloves are separate, and face and hair are also separate meshes in LL. So, without considerable work, you would have to combine boots, chest and gloves in Blender / Max to get a PT armour out... but I think you'll agree it's a great resource of abandonware artwork in the PT style for private server use, if we can get it converted over.

Last edited:
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
this sounds really interesting for me, i will try to help you out in my spare time (u know im working hard in my server as well) but when i got stressed in my files i normally go to work in something else till go back to my files.
Where to get thouse files?, would be nice if you upload the meshes to check it out.
Btw, the animation is over a biped bones like in pt? or they use a proxy and only the mesh is animated??

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I could link a RAR of just the meshes... but as I'm still working on mine and may have messed them up, I'd recommend you DL the link at the top of this thread. It's the full LL client... with the information I've given it shouldn't be hard to find these files as they aren't packed in a rapid access archive like Blizzard games et.el.

I must admit (though I've seen the term many places) I don't understand biped meshes. NetImmense meshes are biped, and the animations can be applied to any of the meshes in the same folder... some (most) of the models have less bones than the animation animates, and you get a list of bips that couldn't be applied in NifSkope. It seems that the animation files (.kf) have all the information for cloaks and weapons and... err... chesty dumplings? and stuff, regardless of whether the mesh has those parts.

However, some animations are distinctly feminine and others very masculine. It's quite funny to watch Verkan hold his hands behind his back and curtsey coyly or WHY. lol

Eg. Biped nodes:

I have no idea how close the bone structure in LL may be to the ones used in PT, but I can see they are quite different to the standard humanoid bones in Elder Scrolls games. lol

Edit---
Sorry about that but you would have to re-alocate everything.
That was my initial feeling... but then it occurred to me that if you simply translate the file formats, you could use the new meshes and animations in PT... and as LL is abandoned, there is unlikely to be any repercussions, and it's a great resource for armours, monsters and NPCs in the general PT artistic style.

I much preferred the way LL models animate, but have no understanding of that. If you wanted a unique vendor for your Hair Tint seller in your server, it wouldn't be all that hard to use one of the new NPCs in LL for that purpose.

Some private servers have custom monster meshes, and custom NPC meshes as well as custom skins and weapons... the problem (I often feel) is that they do not fit with the general artistic style that already exists... and these meshes and textures definitely do.

Last edited:
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
i will try in the first time to work with maps, then items then chars-monsters trying to export them to pt (with a tuto ofc), but like i said im working alone in my server so i will take this project as a breake when i get stressed of my own server ;)

btw my english isnt good so maybe i will ask for some help with technical translations but that just in pms

beside(if any know well about clans pm me plz, i still have error 58 and i know this isnt the rist place to post but i dont wanna post again) ;)

gl for us with this project (i have a feeling that we will find the current pt maps in LL but just with better looking).

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Guys, the pnly problem with this is converting into a .smd/.smb file is not only unachieved here but also prtty damn hard haha. Converting bone/armour mshes into a single file will be tricky. If you coukd posibly find an old Quake tool to mkae a .ase file wheere it is actually possble to merge diffrent objects together. This will aslo include a high knowledge of eithe c# or C++. A good way to do it (and more effective) is to convert files like these we already KNOW into an editable source either by Zbrish, Maya or 3D Studio Max. I could then align meshes to whatever is available. Someone would aslo need to explain wtf bone meshes and poop are XD;.

Thanks!
unzubaru!

Last edited:
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
in order to animate a mesh (monster, char, or any kind of mesh) you need to do something called riging, this mean add some controlers to the mesh, this controllers are called bones, then you can animate the bones and the bones will move the mesh (the vertices on it), if u check the files of the armors of pt, some where u can find someting like BipHead, or BipNeck, or BipRightHand or something like that, each one of this are bones, open ur 3d program like 3D max or Maya and use the Biped option and you will see what im talking about.
And the other program is called Zbrush not Zbrish xD, maybe is just a typo but thats the program and u cant make the riging in this program cuz isnt a 3D program, in fact is something like 2.5D but with the tools option and with that option u can make really realistic object (im talking about millions of polygons in just one mesh). Make the smd is not hard, the pt do it, you just need to give the correct ASE so the game.exe will convert it to a SMD file. Blender can manage many kind of 3d programs and it is a free program with alot of pluging around the net, there should be some to work with this files, i preffer 3D max for riging, Zbrush for moddel and Blender for basic programs but honestly in Blender the Riging is sooo ez compared with 3d Max, same as Maya, 3D is a lil hard but with enought effort u can have good results, natural movements (but that depends of the animator ofc).

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
i will try in the first time to work with maps
... i have a feeling that we will find the current pt maps in LL but just with better looking.

Actually, I've only found the TGA minimaps so far, not the meshes. It's clear that they are modified from the PT maps... but there are new sections in towns and such that where under-utilized before. A bit like Pre-AOR Ric or Pre Bellatra Nav.

Oh yea... oddly, the monsters are in the NPCs folder, (IMS) and the weapons are in the monster folder. IDK why.

---Edit

Yes, I was gonna say the difficult (unachieved part >_> looks at Beyond2000) is getting the ASE back from the SMD / SMB, the client does it the other way around... it uses the SMD and SMB files as an abbreviated cache for ASE meshes. ^_^

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Lol yeh sorry i meant ZBrush hhahaha, and yes i discovered that whilst using it yesterday :p. Thanks for the info btw guys, indeed i HAVE heard of Blender just never used it, i found 3DStudioMax to be alot easier somehow :p.
Well if you guys DID develop this, what Language would you do it in? LaxeLore DID have a VERYYY big fan community at its time.

BIG IMPORTANT EDIT ------
Guys look that is the only LL going atm. I also found out from here that it was backburned for a game called Space Cowboy or ACE online. It ALSO would've been the PT2 but they decided against it, i tell you what this would've been 100% better than PT2! OK even Chinese version aint going anymore :p.

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Well if you guys DID develop this, what Language would you do it in?
I was just hoping to get a bunch of Laxe Lore resources into the PT community. As I say, they are a great set of free (as in available) meshes and textures in the PT style. Great for customs. ^_^
OK even Chinese version aint going anymore :p.
No it isn't. I already researched. ;)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Actually, I've only found the TGA minimaps so far, not the meshes. It's clear that they are modified from the PT maps... but there are new sections in towns and such that where under-utilized before. A bit like Pre-AOR Ric or Pre Bellatra Nav.

Well i dun know if there are oher meshes then:
intro map
spirit island
spirit valley
windforest

cause that where the only maps in the client back in the days.

I also noticed that im only able to open the terrain files and not the complete maps might work when you hex the version of all files of the map but thats a shitload of work.(but my experience with .nif files is zero so im deff not sure)

So if you ask me the maps are useless. More animations in pt1 will only cause more lag. But new npc models would be very nice!

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
More animations in pt1 will only cause more lag. But new npc models would be very nice!

Well done finding the maps... Yes more works the more you fix the headers... but writing a program to patch them is not that hard.

I wasn't thinking of more animations, except emotes... which don't really create lag. Only replacing stuff like the idle anims, run / walk anims etc.

Back