Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Discussion] Don't fall for it ,the pak is not zip!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
first for my bad english... sorry my english teacher...
A few years ago(2009/2010),i had write a tool. can read Allods items,maps,strings,pictures...i forget where is it.but i know the pak file is not zip, it's a Trap!
if you use zip to unpak the file. some pak file may could unpack.but the data is wrong! it'a a Trap.you can't find anything in the unpacked files. so don't use zip to unpack the import pak files.
the Algorithm looks like zip,but it is not zip!.

the guy who write the client was very Obscene... use many Means to protect the client...
many Algorithms in client look like a but not a...the Login Verification Algorithms likes RSA but not RSA ,and the pak file looks like zip but not zip....

At that time i works very hard to this game,so i remember it clearly.
this game i like very much. after i go home ,i will upload my tool and source code.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Re: Don't fall for it ,the pak is not zip!

can you help me to unpack the files and pack again?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

So, you believe him? :blink: Don't fall for it, pak files are just normal ZIP files :):

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

So, you believe him? :blink: Don't fall for it, pak files are just normal ZIP files :):

You are wrong. It's does not normal zip files.

bingying198, will be very interesting to see your work.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

lol... use Total Commander to open any .PAK file in this server. It works 100%
You can edit files and replace in the .PAK from within Total Commander.
Are you try to full unpack and pak anyone pak file? I think no. Replacement of one file is different.

Reaction score

Are you try to full unpack and pak anyone pak file? I think no. Replacement of one file is different.

I have been able to unpack and repack every single .PAK file in this server. Not sure what you mean?

My guess is that someone will "write a tool" to unpack these .PAK files and then try to sell it.
If you fall for that... well then you probably deserve it.

Either way, good luck and have fun.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
there is a difference between this pak file and between normal zip files take a look here simple proof by notepad++ :sneaky2:
here we have text.pak file
bingying198 - [Discussion] Don't fall for it ,the pak is not zip! - RaGEZONE Forums

but here we have normal zip file
where header completly differnet

bingying198 - [Discussion] Don't fall for it ,the pak is not zip! - RaGEZONE Forums

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Oh not this crap again. They ARE ZIP FILES. The are compressed and some zip editors freak out when you edit them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back