Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Allods 1.1 Unpacker

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi there,

I'm currently working on a 1.1 pack.bin unpacker. I've succeeded in loading the database from pack.bin in memory that give far much easier bin stream to decode (strings are readable, value in memory fits the xdb values, ect ... ).

Paulus - Allods 1.1 Unpacker - RaGEZONE Forums

An example of an animation memory chunk

Same chunk parsed
I've started parsing these memory chunks to recreate corresponding classes (I think I'll do it in c# as I don't really master c++) but every help is welcome to parse new types faster. If you're interested in helping, feel free to contact me.

The goal of the project is to create an open source unpacker that can extract all client missing files to actually repack a 1.1 pack.bin so it would be great if some people can help :):

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Little update about the project:

The following classes are now parsed and extracted:

• ModelMorphSettings
  • SkeletalAnimation
  • TextureAtlas
  • VisualMob
  • Geometry
  • AnimationController
  • ParticleAnimation
  • AnimationProperties
  • CollisionMesh
  • WidgetLayerSimpleTexture
  • WidgetLayerTiledTexture
  • UITextureElement
  • UISingleTexture
  • UITexture
  • Texture
  • WidgetTextView
  • WidgetPanel
  • WidgetButton
  • TexturePatch
  • Collision
  • CharacterVariations

Missing classes:
  • TextureSingleElement
  • VisObjectTemplate
  • MobAnimations

First beta release is planned in May to debug and test repacking.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Some news from the project !

- The unpacker is now working properly and can extract the pack.bin client files, it doesn't unpack files that are already available server side. There is still some work to do on it because there are still errors in extracted files and some part are still not extracted.

- The official editor tools are working. It includes bunch of tools like UIEditor, MapEditor, ModelViewer, XDBEditor ...

- The repacker is correctly working and bin files are loaded by the official client, however as the extracted files are still not 100% exact there are still some bugs in game but it's still promising

And here some current in game screenshots :

I will probably soon need some testers and help on the project, if you are interested contact me on discord Paulus#0950 (don't send me private messages here, I'm not that often logged in) !

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
RU:
Чтобы исправить ошибку с интерфейсом, дам подсказку, в некоторых файлах стороковые значения записаны как wstring, а не просто string, но это только в исключительных случаях.
Eng:
To fix the error with the interface, I’ll give a hint, in some files the string values are written as wstring, and not just string, but this is only in exceptional cases.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I've not that much time these days, I have a bug with terrains to fix and it will be playable (with still some bugs to fix)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Terrains are now visible still an error with lightmaps and foliage textures are still missing. Gameplay is 100% functionnal.

A short list of things that are still not working properly:
- Terrain lightmaps
- Foliage texture
- Group interface
- Target/self plates
- Static objects lighting/shadowing
- Ship interior texture

Not tested yet:
- Astral

Back