Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[GUIDE] How to connect to different IP addresses

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
This guide is based on using the HxD hex-editor, get it here:

KEEP A BACKUP OF STARTER.EXE

1. Open Starter.exe in HxD and go to offset 5198 by pressing ctrl-g. You should see something like this (I highlighted the important bits):
beforenotatio - [GUIDE] How to connect to different IP addresses - RaGEZONE Forums

2. You'll need to replace the IP address (127.0.0.1) with the ip you want, for example we'll use the common LAN address 192.168.0.1. This is pretty easy, you just need to enter the address you want starting at offset 5198 and placing a null byte between each character, like so:
Code:
1[null]9[null]2[null].[null]1[null]6[null]8[null].[null]0[null].[null]1

Confused? Open the spoiler below for more detail
Put your cursor in front of the 1 in '1.2.7'. Type '1'. Press the right arrow. Type '9', the character should be red. Press the right arrow, '8', right arrow, '.', right arrow, '1', and so on until you have typed out '192.168.0.1'. If you look at the hex view, starting from offset 5198 you should see:
Code:
31 00 39 00 32 00 2E 00 31 00 36 00 38 00 2E 00 30 00 2E 00 31

Make sure that between the last character in the address and the beginning of 'AOGame.exe' at offset 51B4 there is nothing but null bytes. If you need to remove a byte don't backspace, just click over into the hex view and replace the byte with '00'.

DO NOT REMOVE OR ADD ANY BYTES. IF HxD WARNS YOU THAT YOU'RE ADDING OR REMOVING A BYTE, YOU ARE DOING SOMETHING WRONG.

When you re-run the batch file for your language after making an edit the game may fail to start the first time, just run it again.

Please report any issues so I may correct this guide.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Don't work with IP type : XX.XXX.XXX.XXX

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Don't work with IP type : XX.XXX.XXX.XXX
What issue are you having? Will the game not start? Is the wrong IP being shown in the top-left during connection? Is it an issue which perhaps could be explained in a different way such as incorrect port-forwarding? I do not have a server with such an IP to test it with so I need more information besides "it doesn't work".

Update:
I was successfully able to connect to a server running with an address of XX.XX.XX.XXX which is as similar as I can get to your address type. Perhaps you need to set up port forwarding? (I use this site to check: , it should be able to see your account server (port 9340) running if you have forwarding setup properly)

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Oh duck yes... Thank you Sir :D thank to you i found the problem why i could not connect to my local server. The Starter.exe just had an wrong IP in it :3

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
[QUOTE = Ness199X; 8409749] Quel problème rencontrez-vous? Le jeu ne démarre pas? Est la mauvaise IP étant représenté en haut à gauche lors de la connexion? Est-ce une question qui pourrait peut-être expliqué d'une manière différente, comme incorrecte port-forwarding? Je ne ai pas un serveur avec une telle IP pour tester avec donc je besoin de plus en plus d'informations "ne fonctionne pas". Mise à jour: je étais avec succès capable de se connecter à un serveur fonctionnant avec une adresse de XX.XX.XX. XXX qui est aussi proche que je peux obtenir à votre type d'adresse. Peut-être vous avez besoin de mettre en place la redirection de port? (Je utiliser ce site pour vérifier: , il devrait être en mesure de voir votre serveur de compte (port 9340) en cours d'exécution si vous avez configuré correctement expédition) [/ QUOTE]

My ip contain 22.333.333.333 your exemple 22.22.22.333. my Ip contain 11 numbers your 9

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
[QUOTE = Ness199X; 8409749] Quel problème rencontrez-vous? Le jeu ne démarre pas? Est la mauvaise IP étant représenté en haut à gauche lors de la connexion? Est-ce une question qui pourrait peut-être expliqué d'une manière différente, comme incorrecte port-forwarding? Je ne ai pas un serveur avec une telle IP pour tester avec donc je besoin de plus en plus d'informations "ne fonctionne pas". Mise à jour: je étais avec succès capable de se connecter à un serveur fonctionnant avec une adresse de XX.XX.XX. XXX qui est aussi proche que je peux obtenir à votre type d'adresse. Peut-être vous avez besoin de mettre en place la redirection de port? (Je utiliser ce site pour vérifier: , il devrait être en mesure de voir votre serveur de compte (port 9340) en cours d'exécution si vous avez configuré correctement expédition) [/ QUOTE]

My ip contain 22.333.333.333 your exemple 22.22.22.333. my Ip contain 11 numbers your 9

I have not found any issues with any IP address. If you have found an IP address that doesn't work there is nothing I can do, as this application was not written by me and this is purely a 'hack' of sorts.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Its a program AllodsWorld wrote to get around the client protection. They have the source but they sure as hell ain't sharing.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Can anyone help me with this ip? I added it a hundred times but the first 8 not showing. The ip is 88.132.115.239

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
[QUOTE = Ness199X; 8409749] Qual problema você está tendo? O jogo não começará? O IP errado está sendo mostrado no canto superior esquerdo durante a conexão? É um problema que talvez possa ser explicado de uma maneira diferente, como o encaminhamento de porta incorreto? Eu não tenho um servidor com um IP para testá-lo, então eu preciso de mais informações além de "não funciona".

Atualização:
Consegui me conectar com êxito a um servidor em execução com um endereço XX.XX.XX.XXX, que é o mais semelhante possível ao seu tipo de endereço. Talvez você precise configurar o encaminhamento de porta? (Eu uso este site para verificar: , ele deve poder ver seu servidor de conta (porta 9340) em execução se você tiver a configuração de encaminhamento corretamente) [/ QUOTE]

Can you give an example? My IP is xxx.xxx.xxx.xx and I can not put it inside the space you said.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
make this form ::

HEX == 127.000.000.001 = 127.0.0.1

OR ::

HEX == 192.168.001.001 = 192.168.1.1

OR::

HEX == 080.111.052.001 = 80.111.52.1

:):

Back