Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Battlegrounds player numbers

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello,

I looked in this a lot couldn't find what file to actually change, How do i reduce the amount of players required to launch the battlegrounds ?

thank you

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi,

A quick reminder about default battleground matchmaking works in terms of number of players:
There are three important values that you can find on the xdb file of the battleground, I'll take the example of the Deserted Forest one (it's the same mechanics for all group battleground ie which event type is avatarPopulation.service.impl.matchMakingImpl.eventType.marked.MarkedGroupInstancedEvent):
Code:
<minAvatarsCount>3</minAvatarsCount>
<capacity>9</capacity>
<immediatelyStartFactor>1.69</immediatelyStartFactor>

These values are per team so:

Teams need at least 3 avatars or the battleground start the warning closing message for players
Each team can have 9 avatars max

Ok these values are pretty obvious, go to immediatelyStartFactor now!

The way things are done in java code by default make the battleground start when there are

capacity * immediatelyStartFactor players in each team queue

so in our example Deserted forest will need 9 * 1.69 = 15.21 players to start in each side to start
(I suppose they made it to compense players who will finally refuse the batleground invite)

BUT some things are hardcoded in java:
immediatelyStartFactor must be >= 1
and removing the variable hardcoded min value is not enough as the whole code was written with this constrain in mind so there are a lot of if condition in code that can't deal with the case where immediatelyStartFactor is less than one.

So to answer your question, if you want to make battleground pop with few players you can:

1) Reduce the immediatelyStartFactor to one
2) Reduce the capacity (but you reduce the max ammout of players)
3) Combine of 1) and 2)
4) Modify java code (it can be done, I've done that for AllodsNova server)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi,

To reduce players needed to start battleground you can start by reducing the immediatelyStartFactor to 1. Indeed the system start BG if capacity * immediatelyStartFactor players have queued in each side queue. You can also reduce the capacity if your server has few people.

Keep in mind that, by defaut immedialtelyStartFactor cannot be lesser than 1, it's hardcoded in Java and even remove the min value limitation is not enough as the whole code was written with this limitation in mind (a immedialtelyStartFactor < 1 will not work as expected).

But if you know a bit of java you can modify the source code to make it possible, it's not that difficult, I've made it for Allods Nova servers.

Back