Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

What programming languages should I know?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I am looking to find out what programming languages I should know to host a private server for Allods Online, WOW, etc (Mainly Allods since I can't tolerate the Blade Allods and Allods War Scheme). I have experience in web development, but not in programming languages that are used for creating and editing games. If anyone can reply to this thread it would be greatly appreciated. I would like to start to be more active on this forum.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
You don't need to know any coding language.
Allods itself uses java but all the files that you can edit are .xdb and they have a very easy structure. Just read them and you will understand how it works.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
You don't need to know much coding to host any server. You should have a basic understanding to make your life easier, yes. There are plenty of guides around here which will help you in every step of the way to get your server up and running.

To develop and create new content is a different story, then it depends then on what game and which core you are using. I would maybe start out with a core that uses Eluna, that way you can write scripts in LUA which is a well documented and easy to learn language. Other than that, if you want to get serious then C++ is basically the mother of all.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Thank you for the information, I am very interested in this. Because of the quarantine, I lost my job as an office manager, so I want to learn a new profession that will bring me a good profit. Therefore, I am currently studying this issue and looking for reliable sources that provide professional information on this topic and good online courses. But I am interested in real reviews, so if you know something about this, please share your thoughts. I know that I'll have to get a Cisco certification and I've already found a source where I can get help in passing the exams. If you can check this link and say what you think about it, I'll appreciate it.

Last edited:
Back