Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Rename NPC, Message in the middle of the screen

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I wonder if it is possible to rename an NPC? How do I send those messages that appear in red or yellow in the middle of the screen (gn_add does not show this) and how do I schedule happy hour to turn on and off automatically. Can anyone help?
I wonder if it is possible to rename an NPC? How do I send those messages that appear in red or yellow in the middle of the screen (gn_add does not show this) and how do I schedule happy hour to turn on and off automatically. Can anyone help?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
1:
Get the loc tools from
In your client folder open data\Packs\Text\EN.pak and you'll find pack.loc extract from there use the tools to unpack it change all the texts you want and then recompile it and put it back inside EN.pak ( make sure its under bin/pack.loc inside EN.pak)

2:
the red alerts i think needs some work for it to show on screen, not sure how to do it but working on it

3:
\Mechanics\Rules\LuckyDays\ modify the time table duration should work havent tried it though most servers i know enable/disable it manually
more on events

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
gn_add does work, but only for others. Not for yourself. Everybody else sees the message in the middle of their screen. Just not the sender of the message.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yes gn_add works, but does not show the message in the middle of the screen, I wanted to know how to show that big red message in the middle of the screen.

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
gn_add does work, but only for others. Not for yourself. Everybody else sees the message in the middle of their screen. Just not the sender of the message.
With no modifications it doesn't show up on screen as a big red message only in text chat
some modification is needed. someone will make a guide on it on soon Marlthon

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
gn_add X "<WarningLogRed>Blablabla</WarningLogRed>" should work perfectly fine.
or any other css tag.
<tip_red></tip_red> as example.
Or <Legendary></Legendary>
or <Relic></Relic> etc etc.
just check the Game.(WidgetCss).xdb file located \Interface\Common\Css\Game.(WidgetCss).xdb

it's easy af. I don't understand why most of the pservers were too dumb to use it lol

You can even combine multiple ones. just make sure you close them in the right order.
like: "<Size24><Legendary>blablabla</Legendary></Size24>"

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
These CSS tags only affects messages that are displayed in text chat, by default gn_add does not seems to display messages in full screen. You have to modify java files to make it display messages on screen. Here is a tutorial :

Concerning lucky moments you can have a look here, I've made some modification to automatically enable lucky moment from friday 8pm to monday 0am

Back