Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

How to replace Wamp server with Oracle or MSSQL server

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Is that possible that I can replace Wamp server with Microsoft IIS Server and Oracle Database server?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
You can get rid of phpmyadmin and apache. Concerning the account server web api it is possible to host it on any web server as long as you have php (or you can rebuild it in other languages if you want other than php). Concerning database it can be more tricky I think. I've never tried to move database to other platforms than MySQL/Postgres. If you want to do so you have at least to modify java drivers for the database to match the new system you want. To do so you have to modify the db properties files (that you can find for each server in cfg folder or directly in the corresponding jar). I think migrating out of MySQL/Postgres is a lot of efforts for few (if no) rewards.

If you want to leave WAMP you should maybe try to set up the stack yoursellf, I'm sure you'll find it far much satisfying to have control on all your system.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Do you think MySQL is stable enough for big server, or with big modify ?
I want to track something like: How many creature have been killed in Nezebgrad Port, or how many quest has been completed. Tracking is in real time

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
MySQL is clearly stable enough for allods. It's not big data, even with hundreds or thousands of players you'll be far for MySQL limits. In fact the server is already creating live logs in csv files in shard/out/<date>/statistics/channels. You can query this files to get your real time logs. Moreover, you'll not find all the information you want in the database a it's not keep in memory. For instance mobs killed are not stored (it would become huge useless data). The SQL database is more a state save of the game. All transactionnal informations are stored in these csv log files by the Java server.

Back