Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[HELP]How to hide port in web url using new port on apache xampp

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
The default port :80 in xampp apache v1.6.7 is not working so I tried to change it into different values but the problem is that everytime time I will visit my website it requires the port to view the page like "http://www.website.com:8080/". Is there any possible solution to hide the port?

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
The most likely reason why port 80 is not working is because some other application is already using that port. It could be that you're running Skype for example, which I remember used to do this. Xampp has Netstat functionality which shows you which ports are being used by which application.

If you still wish to use 8080 instead, check this post for details on how to remove the port after URL.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
The most likely reason why port 80 is not working is because some other application is already using that port. It could be that you're running Skype for example, which I remember used to do this. Xampp has Netstat functionality which shows you which ports are being used by which application.
I tried on looking to determine what application that runs port 80 and what I found is that "IPv4 and IPv6 Addresses" runs the port 80. How can I fix this?

Upvote 0
Back