Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Read Me] Before Making a HELP Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hello,

As all of you have observed, most of the threads created in this section are messy and there's too many lacking information. It causes too much confusion for the viewer and results poor resolution of the problem.

In order for us to have a cleaner section and an accurate result to our problems, please follow this tip/format when making a Help Thread:

Thread Title: always use a descriptive title to your problem and don't forget to use the [Help] prefix. If your problem is about SQL Errors then post "SQL Error 12345" or "Bind Error 12345", if it's a certain file/add-ons then put the name of the file like "EP7 Wing Error" or "New NPC Not Selling". Name your Thread according to your problem, and don't just put "Help plsss" or "Can you Help me". Having a descriptive title can gain you more viewers and can get more chance to have your problem solve.

Here are some other Examples:

Good Example
  • [Help] SQL Server Failed #119
  • [Help] Comment.ini Failure to Load
  • [Help] Can't Open ItemEditor
  • [Help] Server Disconnected

Bad Example
  • Please help me i'm noob
  • Master i can't solve this
  • I have problem with my server
  • Can anyone help me with my
    server?
  • Plsssss Hellllpp Meeee

Body of the Thread
--------------------------
Screenshot: please provide a screenshot to the problem. You may wrap it up to view as an image or just put the direct image link. This is the Image BBCode button
Vision - [Read Me] Before Making a HELP Thread - RaGEZONE Forums
- wrap the screenshot link with this.
Code Tag: wrap the error log or script, in this way we can better read your code and can make your thread cleaner. This is the Code BBcode Button
Vision - [Read Me] Before Making a HELP Thread - RaGEZONE Forums
if you want to post a script.

Description: state the full detail of your problem. How it started and what did you previously do.

** Please don't include your private information in your help thread such as your IP Address, Emails, etc. They may be used for scams and personal attacks.
--------------------------

If you follow these format, then your problem may be solve sooner. Failure to follow this format may lead to closure or deletion of your thread.

Update (April 24, 2012)

Starting today, please add a version tag to your thread title if you're having problems with a certain server or client file.

Like for example if you have problems with EP7 file:

• [Help][EP7] Comment.ini Fail
  • [Help][EP7] Bus Station Not Translated

Old post is excluded with this new tag addition. So please start adding a version tag in your thread titles.

And also, we're having too many help threads that is not related to Ran Development / Set-ups / Releases, please avoid posting irrelevant topics because they will be deleted with or without notification.

Thank you for your time reading, and if you still have other questions, please don't hesitate to message me.

- Vision

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back