Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[1.4.2] what is the best way to make equipments accessible for GM anywhere?

Reaction score
Like title say I finding a way what make easier testing stuff without GM console and if possible without quest.

I tryed event shop, was good for alot stuff except equipments... If gear got crit, interval etc then it's show incorrect value at char stat screen after its equiped.
In GM window at first creature builder or what where can create 5-6 boss (what is predefined in elements.data) can add npc what sell eq's for limited time or can add directly item ID too at elements.data object Id row?
I don't want the way where need travel for access gears (ex how was maradonna)

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
There are several ways you could go about it, depending on how much work you want to put into it ......
create a task item that you right click to activate quest
like the advice box
then create a quest for the item
similar to the advice box quest
and make a group for each class that gives armor & weapon and any other items like tomes and such.
Then you could just mail the item in sendmail. Just make sure the item cant be traded to normal players.

or....you could set the quest to spawn an npc using npcgen and give a timer but any npc that gets spawned for no matter how long, can be accessed by normal players too, so it is not recommended.

Another way would be to have a map just for GM access (clone) and then put the teleport location on an npc and make the quest for the teleport GM ONLY Then you could have all of your GM npc's there. I would make sure my GM's had a special GM stone that could not be discarded/sold/traded so anyone not having that stone would be teleported out upon entering to ensure GM did not pull/summon/bring non-GM into map.

Reaction score
There are several ways you could go about it, depending on how much work you want to put into it ......
create a task item that you right click to activate quest
like the advice box
then create a quest for the item
similar to the advice box quest
and make a group for each class that gives armor & weapon and any other items like tomes and such.
Then you could just mail the item in sendmail. Just make sure the item cant be traded to normal players.

or....you could set the quest to spawn an npc using npcgen and give a timer but any npc that gets spawned for no matter how long, can be accessed by normal players too, so it is not recommended.

Another way would be to have a map just for GM access (clone) and then put the teleport location on an npc and make the quest for the teleport GM ONLY Then you could have all of your GM npc's there. I would make sure my GM's had a special GM stone that could not be discarded/sold/traded so anyone not having that stone would be teleported out upon entering to ensure GM did not pull/summon/bring non-GM into map.

Ty but neither solution fit to my request, I wanted make without mail send, travel or NPC.
I guess its impossible in 1.4.2, so I did 16 gm item and quest (8class both sage/demon version pill)

Back