Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Downgrade from 1.4.2 to 1.3.8, how?

Reaction score
How or even possible the following downgrades?

1. At character creation string after when 3rd race selected and user click to next race then jump to first race(human) and not to tideborn? Basically for remove tideborn from selectable race

2. Possible make tideborn area restricted(can't enter)?

3. Can use the map from 1.3.6? So without tideborn land?

4. Change back nirvana to fb109?

5. Older login screen

Or easier add genie+lv79/100 skills+warsong+mini boss+world boss(and other 1.3.8/9 stuff) to 1.3.6?

Last edited:
Elite Diviner
Reaction score
1. Modify Elementclient AND interface
2. Edit zone array http://forum.ragezone.com/f695/enable-disable-restricted-zones-world-713518/ (Look to last page for the term to search for in hex)
3. For the map picture when pressing M, its just a picture file in interface.pck or something. For waypoints I cant remember. Pretty sure they're both inside interfaces.pck and surfaces.pck
4. fb109's still exist so just open the map and reapply the mobs via npcgen.data then close down Nirvana not hard.
5. http://forum.ragezone.com/f695/guide-loginmap-editing-805966/

Last edited:
Reaction score
The hardest part would be editing the client to "delete" the TB race, or at least "disable" them so that it appears they're not there... Of course that would look "professional" IF you could pull it off. However, if you're not concerned about that you could just block them from being able to log in at all on the server side. Of course you'd still be able to select (and even create) them from the client, you just wouldn't be able to login as your chosen classes/races...

Reaction score
The hardest part would be editing the client to "delete" the TB race, or at least "disable" them so that it appears they're not there... Of course that would look "professional" IF you could pull it off. However, if you're not concerned about that you could just block them from being able to log in at all on the server side. Of course you'd still be able to select (and even create) them from the client, you just wouldn't be able to login as your chosen classes/races...

I found the class mask stuff, 255 for 3 race/6 class, 2^0+2^1+2^2+.....+2^5=255, or similar method for class ban

But I want remove from client (first need client. 142) bug any hint welcome about how to find out the potential range in client, so between what row/offset or if u know fixed hexadec value before/after max race (in 142 it is hexadec 04 if I understand well)

I hexa edited the diablo2/ NFS porche but finding out a single hexadec number in 20mb file is insine hard without hints

Reaction score
At one point I was interested in this myself. Until I thought about it more and realized "what's the point", because you'd still be able to connect with a different client... Basically, there's no way to guarantee that only one specific client, or version of client, will be allowed to connect to the server while others will not.

That's the nature of server and client relationships, your server should NEVER trust a client! So obviously you're still blocking them on the server side, why go through all the headache of modifying the client when others will still be able to connect using an OEM/Stock client !!!

IDK, to each their own :)

Reaction score
At one point I was interested in this myself. Until I thought about it more and realized "what's the point", because you'd still be able to connect with a different client... Basically, there's no way to guarantee that only one specific client, or version of client, will be allowed to connect to the server while others will not.

That's the nature of server and client relationships, your server should NEVER trust a client! So obviously you're still blocking them on the server side, why go through all the headache of modifying the client when others will still be able to connect using an OEM/Stock client !!!

IDK, to each their own :)
well i understand your opinion 100% but if i want make release then i do both server side block+client side so would look cool and work well same time (well if i ever can hexedit)

Last edited:
Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Things you can do to remove tideborns from your server.

• Create a custom map or use a useless existing one, turn the map off, make all psychic and assasin templates start on that map, So when they try to login with a tideborn character they recieve "Cannot login" there you go problem solved

• Remove all skills and town portal from tideborn character templates, put players in a starting map other then world map then limit the quest to exit to only players who are not tideborn. Also you could take this a step further and make the quest show them a dialogue window that says tideborns aren't usable on this server.
• Don't make any of your endgame custom gears or endgame PVP gears usable by tideborns.

Stuff like this can remove tideborns from your server.

This would be your best option and easiest option btw. Work smart not hard.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
offtopic: do you have server and client ver 1.4.2 running? if yes please share them. that's excactly what i'm looking for

Reaction score
server have, problem is no client for it :/
so if u downgrade then became 1.3.6 with 1.4.2 items but without game features, but server itself work, its in my signature

I searching too for working 1.4.2 feature server, have few server file but don't have too much time to test each

Last edited:
Banned
Banned
Reaction score
that is very easy to do its exactly 2 bytes in client and 255 in server + small modifications in interface.

Reaction score
that is very easy to do its exactly 2 bytes in client and 255 in server + small modifications in interface.

yea but where is that 2 byte (isn't just 1 char what is 1byte? i just ask)
btw whole character selection screen is in interface.pck and 1.3.6 screen compatible with 1.4.2 clients? if its 1-2 file and example replace the that file in interface.pck with older one, or how its work?

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

eg of 2bytes =05:
1.5.1 2 3 or whatever has the old interface included. you can just remove checkbox from settings to force players to use the old interface

Reaction score
eg of 2bytes =05:
1.5.1 2 3 or whatever has the old interface included. you can just remove checkbox from settings to force players to use the old interface

True, for 1.4.2 it's 04, right?

It's nice but my problem is how to find with hexeditor?

Must be a string what close to this 2byte, no? But what is it?

Reaction score

No, not really "that easy" - you'd still have a poop ton of stuff that exists ONLY because of those races/classes. If you wanted to do a full "professional" job, you'd have a lot more to do, such as removing ALL of those items, ALL of their gfx - etc etc etc...

PLUS, as I pointed out, people could just use a different client and still create TB/EG anyways... (see more below in next quote)

That's my point...

Things you can do to remove tideborns from your server.

• Create a custom map or use a useless existing one, turn the map off, make all psychic and assasin templates start on that map, So when they try to login with a tideborn character they recieve "Cannot login" there you go problem solved

• Remove all skills and town portal from tideborn character templates, put players in a starting map other then world map then limit the quest to exit to only players who are not tideborn. Also you could take this a step further and make the quest show them a dialogue window that says tideborns aren't usable on this server.
• Don't make any of your endgame custom gears or endgame PVP gears usable by tideborns.

Stuff like this can remove tideborns from your server.

This would be your best option and easiest option btw. Work smart not hard.

Even that's WAY too much work. Why would you do all that when all you have to do is set the login mask on the server to not include whatever class or classes (race or races) you don't want playing on your server. Sure people will still be able to "create" those toons, but the server will NOT let them log in if you change the login mask! All this, create quests and new maps and messages and template editing - that's too much work, I'm sure they'll figure it out when they CANNOT log in as whatever you don't want them to login as !!!

Reaction score
No, not really "that easy" - you'd still have a poop ton of stuff that exists ONLY because of those races/classes. If you wanted to do a full "professional" job, you'd have a lot more to do, such as removing ALL of those items, ALL of their gfx - etc etc etc...

PLUS, as I pointed out, people could just use a different client and still create TB/EG anyways... (see more below in next quote)

That's my point...

Even that's WAY too much work. Why would you do all that when all you have to do is set the login mask on the server to not include whatever class or classes (race or races) you don't want playing on your server. Sure people will still be able to "create" those toons, but the server will NOT let them log in if you change the login mask! All this, create quests and new maps and messages and template editing - that's too much work, I'm sure they'll figure it out when they CANNOT log in as whatever you don't want them to login as !!!

It's about use both option client&server side) well animation and skills doesn't bother if no weapon/not loginable class/no skill npc, if i have English client for 142 what currently work with Russian client I will try because better use 142 features without tideborn then otherway

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
What I suggested is really easy, here are more simple ways to delete a certain class off of a server:

Remove all of the non sage/demon level 1-10 skills from all skill learner npcs of the classes your removing= done

or

edit the class requirement on the quest to leave the default starting zone to main map to be everyone but tideborns= done

or have the templates for psy and sin start off in secret passage then shut down secret passage = done, then just edit client message "Cannot login" to "Class is not on this server" (clientside edit)

all of these methods take like 2 minutes to do so no they are not hard lol

Reaction score
What I suggested is really easy, here are more simple ways to delete a certain class off of a server:

Remove all of the non sage/demon level 1-10 skills from all skill learner npcs of the classes your removing= done

or

edit the class requirement on the quest to leave the default starting zone to main map to be everyone but tideborns= done

or have the templates for psy and sin start off in secret passage then shut down secret passage = done, then just edit client message "Cannot login" to "Class is not on this server" (clientside edit)

all of these methods take like 2 minutes to do so no they are not hard lol

I have exe where tideborn removed, use class mask but maybe I will remove completely from client if worth and it's free up noticeable space, ex. Remove from extradrop (dagger, sphere), skill from trainer, dagger sphere from blacksmith, CV, legendary, TT and nirv forge, and idk if missed something,
At end if usefull then delete tideborn weapon and race related files and if worth tideborn mobs gfs/models tideborn quests.

Atm I try add aviation a fashion fro. 1.4.4 to 1.4.2 (I added already the existing hidden aviation and fash to gshop)
If that done start remove stuffs.

Back