Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Help trick

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Please help :
I made one new item id without the same
but when I drop to the ground,, and the model name is different from that in the bag .... but with the same id
how to equate the name and model of the new id
nirmala - Help trick - RaGEZONE Forums

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
so biggy number dude, try set to id for gear at 58000, more than 60000 the gear would not show or error like u see

Basically this,
max id for any droppable item is 65535 (ushort max value), then it starts from 0 again.
Take that principle, substract 65536 from 111128 (theres a maximum of 65536 values in a ushort, ranging from 0 to 65535)

Keep substracting 65536 until your Id is no longer above 65535

You get: ID=45592

And what is item with ID=45592?

Item name: 'Moon-Blessed '

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I use the id so that no one doble in the data .. if using the id under 65536,, occurred later doble en .. or should be edited from the original models,,, whether the limit could add id that is already available in the system ???
maybe there is a trick that could

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
There is no trick, maybe with PW1.5.4 or higher they edited the client's inner engine to allow droppable item ids to be higher then 65k. don't know, cant test it. But untill PW CN updates the engine to do that there is nothing you can do about it.

So, just as a thumb rule, any item that can drop MUST have an ID lower or equal to 65535. There is simply no way around that at this point in time.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Basically, what is happening is the following when your client boots
It reads the elements.data and builds a in-memory dictionary for the game engine to utilize to display item tags when they get dropped on the ground.

Now, according to the server GS most id's, if not all are int32's. However, the in-memory dictionary uses a ushort.

(For those unfamiliar with dictionaries, they are used to quickly lookup key=>value pairs. Its basically an in-memory datatable with a index on the primary key)

For those familiar with C# etc, think of it as a Dictionary<TKey, TValue> where TKey = ushort, TValue = string

We can assume that if PW gets 2 or 3 more expansions, Wan2mei will change it to a int instead of a ushort.
However, thats for them to decide and to fix.

Long story short, we are talking about an actual engine limitation, rather than a bug that has to do with data files. Which means we can do absolutely nothing about it.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
i already try 65530 id ,, is save ,, n model drop with model on bag is same ,, thanks for advice

Back