Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Anyone know how to open *.mox file, extracted from the forsaken world buildings.pck

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Anyone know how to open *.mox file, extracted from the forsaken world buildings.pck
really like the buildings they made , but i cant open it in 3dsmax.
is there anything i can use? scripts? tools ? please help me :(:

Reaction score
The MOX file extension is a data file format associated to a simulation tool known as ExtendSim. The MOX file format and the ExtendSim software were developed by Imagine That, Inc. to provide users with functionalities for simulating real life processes in a wide variety of fields, such as manufacturing, healthcare, supply chain, communications, defense, environmental, agricultural, biological, energy, reliability, service, information flow and recreational systems. Simulation is the process of having a system model and carrying out real experiments to determine a certain hypotheses. There are four ExtendSim software packages, namely Continuous Process, Operations Research, Advanced Technology and Suite. This software was formerly known as Extend. The continuous Process version is also known as System Dynamics. The Operations Research version uses discrete event simulation features, while the Advanced Technology version is integrated with rate-based functionalities. The Suite version uses 3-Dimensional animation models, and it can handle the six simulation techniques in one package, and self-documenting features are also implemented into this version. This application is based on the six sigma management strategies. Files in the MOX format can be opened with the Imagine That ExtendSim software in Microsoft Windows-based systems or in Mac platforms.

and if that isn't it..

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
thank u
but the ExtendSim won't work i've already tried that.

The MOX file extension is a data file format associated to a simulation tool known as ExtendSim. The MOX file format and the ExtendSim software were developed by Imagine That, Inc. to provide users with functionalities for simulating real life processes in a wide variety of fields, such as manufacturing, healthcare, supply chain, communications, defense, environmental, agricultural, biological, energy, reliability, service, information flow and recreational systems. Simulation is the process of having a system model and carrying out real experiments to determine a certain hypotheses. There are four ExtendSim software packages, namely Continuous Process, Operations Research, Advanced Technology and Suite. This software was formerly known as Extend. The continuous Process version is also known as System Dynamics. The Operations Research version uses discrete event simulation features, while the Advanced Technology version is integrated with rate-based functionalities. The Suite version uses 3-Dimensional animation models, and it can handle the six simulation techniques in one package, and self-documenting features are also implemented into this version. This application is based on the six sigma management strategies. Files in the MOX format can be opened with the Imagine That ExtendSim software in Microsoft Windows-based systems or in Mac platforms.

and if that isn't it..

thank u
but the ExtendSim won't work i've already tried that.

Robb
Loyal Member
Reaction score
.mox files are another model format used by the engine.

Sadly we know very very little about them, other than that they are also used for the automatic placement of grasses on the map, using the files inside grasses.pck, and the housing system in pw1.
The pw2 client isnt able to use .mox files as buildings, as far as I know.

Edit: Just had a look myself, fw works the same way as pw1 and uses the autoscene script in configs.pck to generate these .mox files on the map. It's all pretty ancient and messy and requires script inside elementclient.exe which pw2 is missing.

tl;dr - the .mox files are for the (faction?) house system on fw, and isn't supported on pw2.

Last edited:
Back