Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

.pck file corrupted after repacking?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
The file im talking about is litmodels.pck and is the only file when i repack that does not work and gives me error "file corrupted. Maybe im not repacking it right? I combined the 2 parts .pck and .pkx and unpack, edit everything i need then repack and split. At first i thought i did something wrong when editing but i tried unpacking and repacking with out editing any files and something.
Any one had this problems before?:(:

Ben

Developer - JS
Developer
Reaction score
The file im talking about is litmodels.pck and is the only file when i repack that does not work and gives me error "file corrupted. Maybe im not repacking it right? I combined the 2 parts .pck and .pkx and unpack, edit everything i need then repack and split. At first i thought i did something wrong when editing but i tried unpacking and repacking with out editing any files and something.
Any one had this problems before?:(:

At what did you split? Theres a split guide somewhere on the forum i think its in the help section.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
At what did you split? Theres a split guide somewhere on the forum i think its in the help section.
When i compressed the litmodelsl.pck.files folder into litmodels.pck then split that into .pck and .pkx

Ben

Developer - JS
Developer
Reaction score
When i compressed the litmodelsl.pck.files folder into litmodels.pck then split that into .pck and .pkx

Yea but you have to split them at a certain size, you can't just split them at any size you want, i've done that at start and yea then your pack might get corrupted and the game won't launch at all or will crash at certain points when walking on the main map.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Yea but you have to split them at a certain size, you can't just split them at any size you want, i've done that at start and yea then your pack might get corrupted and the game won't launch at all or will crash at certain points when walking on the main map.
Thanks i see now what you mean. But still does not work my fresh hold for the file is 2147483648 the orginal pck file is 2147483392 i split the file with that number and it still dosent work. idk if the problem then is in splinting or in repacking

Reaction score
2147483648 is the threshold of where it would need to be broken up into the two files/parts. If the new PCK you create is < 2147483648 (less than or smaller than) then you do NOT need to split the file [back] into two pieces. If the new PCK is larger than 2147483648 then I believe it was "2146435072" that I suggested splitting it into a .PCK and a .PKX - or exactly 1 MB :wink:

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
2147483648 is the threshold of where it would need to be broken up into the two files/parts. If the new PCK you create is < 2147483648 (less than or smaller than) then you do NOT need to split the file [back] into two pieces. If the new PCK is larger than 2147483648 then I believe it was "2146435072" that I suggested splitting it into a .PCK and a .PKX - or exactly 1 MB :wink:
Thanks the "2146435072" worked. but now it gives me this error. "http://tinypic.com/r/2dhtbnl/8"

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hello, I come to China, my English is not good, could you tell me, can you open the latest models. PCK file, I tried to unzip, but never succeed, later found PCK file size can not be more than 1.99 GB decompression!

Ben

Developer - JS
Developer
Reaction score
Hello, I come to China, my English is not good, could you tell me, can you open the latest models. PCK file, I tried to unzip, but never succeed, later found PCK file size can not be more than 1.99 GB decompression!

check the error guide in the help section, there is plenty info about it.

Back