Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Perfect World on Angelica III engine possible or not?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I am a totally new dev and I barely know anything about this so I would like to hear your opinion. Is it possible or not?

I understand that this is a newer version and there for it would be a brand new game, but would it still be similar to Perfect World ? And if so, do you think there is slightest chance that "Perfect World" will be recreated ?

I really would love to hear your toughts on this, and please try to reply with more than one sentence that says "this is stupid" or "it will never happen" let your imagination fly and try to explain it in words.

I am wondering about this because I have read so much about Angelica games that you can implement things from one into another, but at this point I think we can edit almost anything in PW, I think it is restricted to same version of Angelica engine, but that's not the case here, what if someone actually remade the PW to Angelica engine III, would you play it again?

Ps. to mods I am not quite sure if this is the right place for such topic, but I think this is over all PW topic so it doesn't beling in neither 1.3.6 or 1.4.4 section.

Thank you for your time.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
No I mean this engine:

Or am I mixing things up and that is totally something different?

Reaction score
Never seen or looked at that game. Can't help ya, sorry. Even if it would be simular though, you'd need to write all sorts of converters - This would probably be a very time consuming task. You'd basically do a total conversion, as seen for the TES engines...

Robb
Loyal Member
Reaction score
You could do this if you recompiled a new elementclient.exe somehow, but you wouldn't see any benefits since all the resources are made for the original archosaur engine (what it was called before they were bought out).

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
You could do this if you recompiled a new elementclient.exe somehow, but you wouldn't see any benefits since all the resources are made for the original archosaur engine (what it was called before they were bought out).

Well in few words it would be making a totally new game, just without making all textures from 0 ?

Robb
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Not textures, those are just more detailed (and can be increased on the current engine anyway).
But 99% of these features could only happen if you remade all the models using new structs.

It'd basically be remaking the entire game. And you have the obvious problem of being unable to recompile elementclient.exe for this

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
So your saying that it's kind of possible, if we could recompile elementclient.exe?

So, for instance if Perfect World wanted it to be remade, would it be easier to make a new game out of it or update the original Perfect World?

Robb
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Practically you may as well create an entire new game.

Think about it, if there was an easy way to do this then they would of done it.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Nothing is easy in this world :D

You always have to work for it, but I think they might just have other projects and have not thought about making perfect world 2

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
i think it wont happen until 1.3.6+ client could login to 1.3.6 server

Back