Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Perfect World Server

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello,

Me and my friend we will open a perfect world server. Well, I am Brazilian, I understand something in english but not completely, but I'll try everyday and in january I'll go to course to study more. xD

Anyway. I guess in this forum only have developers, but I'll try to get some help with this server.

You are Brazilian, why you open a US server?

People. I already play in all international servers and...I can see, people are different, are better educated, understandable, etc, etc.

Let's go.

I need 4 people. 2 supports and 2 Game Masters. If can help, please send me a PM.

And other things I need to know:

1. If have players here, what are the best server for you? Equipaments, rates, etc?
  2. Do you like High Rate, Middle Rate or Low Rate?
  3. What a server must have?
  4. Or, you can say something about your experiences in other servers.

I just want ideas and I'll NOT disclose the server name. Not in this area.

I'll be happy if you can help me :)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well i think that about 90% of people that join on this forum are interested in making their own servers and not working for others, also there is a recruitment section on the forum.
I suggest in starting on your own and then chose a GM from your player base, GM's must interact with players which for an developer is hard because of the work they must do.
Also creating a server in these times is a bit harder to come up with something really good, you need to create your own system (using what everyone has), get a paper and a pen and start creating something awesome that no one did, after that you can see what players think of it ( you will get largely different opinions which might destroy your server if you listen to all of them).
It's about getting experience on your own, because as your thread looks it wouldn't motivate me to join your server.
Work hard, learn hard, go hard and you will be able to do it on your own for a really long while, GM's aren't positions that you should worry about, they will come to you.

Reaction score
Yea I must say, even though I've never ran a "public" server (so IE - you may NOT wanna take MY advice LOL), I would have to say the following:

I have learned just from PLAYING MMO's that (as a company or server operator) you simply CANNOT please *everyone*. When I played official PWI, PWE pissed me off to no end, eventually ofc finally leading me to QUIT (and thus now HATE them). Even the game I'm playing now, I honestly think is the BEST MMO EVER since sliced bread. Though they too have done something to utterly piss me off recently. In that, I learn, or rather have learned, that, it doesn't matter WHAT you do, you will NOT be able to appease everyone. It just cannot happen, SOMEONE will ALWAYS find SOMETHING to witch about. That being said:

I'd run the server exactly how *I* want it / to. Those that like it will play on it, those that don't - wont. But at least you wont look like a "fail" for TRYING to appease everyone (not possible to do).

That would be my $0.02

And correct, you shouldn't discuss the server here really, as this is the development section. So I have to thank you for that! For that there is the server advertising section. Also though, as already mentioned, there is a "recruitment" section you should check out too if you're specifically looking to recruit people...

Back