Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Problem with PCK_Unpack models.pck (v80) program crash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Hi, i cant unpack or add any file to models.pck v80 how come? '-' did they change it in some way or might it be corrupted? but, the game open as usual

Got a new copy and can unpack it now for some reason the v80 to v70 fix pack on (PW BR version)

make me unable to unpack the pck again '-'

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
cmd: copy /b models.pck + models.pkx tempmodels.pck
drag tempmodels.pck to your spck folder and extract it, how to repack it and split it back to 2gb file is up to you.

but for god sakes man this has been asked over 100x before, so requesting this thread to be closed. (I can make requests right? lol)

Reaction score
Oh for sure

closed but btw, if you take the last client v80 merge the PCK and PKX and re-compress them it will be under 2GB, so no need to re-split. You can actually get it the smallest by using pwpack '08 and using the 'level 9 compression' ("PWPack.exe -z 9 -c models.pck.files models.pck").. If you do that your new models.pck should be exactly 1,701,129,352 bytes, or 1.58GB (if you're using a virgin models from the last v80 client)...

Now also, admittedly, I'm not sure exactly how you would split once over 2GB because I ran -z 0 (for least compression) and the file was huge. So I split it at exactly 2GB and the client would not start. So I don't think splitting it at exactly 2GB will work and I couldn't really be bothered to figure it out...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back