Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

pwAdmin glitch

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I setup a server 1.4.4 mostly everything works fine.

pwAdmin loads and allows editing chars (items, and so on), promoting people to GM, using List Online etc etc.

However what does not work is *Create account* it gives "Connection to MySQL Database Failed".

Also when I can open and editor chars and it saves perfectly but if I press "XML" button the nothing appears its just blank I can see all tool bar of course but there is no edit box with the XML inside it.

Does anybody know what would cause these two errors? Since I have checked all config and I don't see anything wrong with it...

Thanks.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
first >
second > maybe old pwadmin version ... try this one

Yea I did update to 1.4.5 pwAdmin a few days ago.

All settings appear correct it can connect to SQL just fine and modify GM status and delete accounts its only create that has problems also it can edit characters just fine it just cant open XML on a character its perplexing to say the least....

We did search around quite a bit Zetta was searching for like an hour...

For extra information I get this error when trying to make a new user

Exception: Incorrect string value: '\xFC\xE6\x8D:\xF2Z...' for column 'passwd1' at row 198

However I can create uses on the register script just fine and both pwAdmin and the Register have exactly the same configs.... letter for letter.

However creating accounts isn't an issue its the OPEN XML of char that I want to get working (It works in iWeb) PwAdmin can edit chars just fine but not open XML.....

Oh and yea I am using the pwAdmin SQL file and not the one that came with the server.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Yeah I have a some problems too.... character pages and account pages just works fine... but the problem that I cant create a new account and change account password and when it happens... it said "Connection to MySQL Database failed". I now trying to find these problem and get a solution, maybe anyone can tell me what was the problem caused this?

Thank you :):

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
You don't need to use pwAdmin all the time. pwAdmin is not working good to 1.4.+(have fix? Yes, has. But, don't work fine too). In my opinion, you can search for iweb(or use cpackage iwebs) to edit ur characters and whatever what you want.

To create accounts, you can use PHP scripts.

Well, you can use my iweb( ) (works fine)

How to configure:

Step 1: Go to manage/pwadminconf.jsp

Good lucky! :wink:

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
To create accounts, you can use PHP scripts.

Well, you can use my iweb( ) (works fine)

How to configure:

Step 1: Go to manage/pwadminconf.jsp

Good lucky! :wink:

Thank you, w3bm4ster. But may I suggest (Out of topic)? You shall hide your link and use the "Link" function. But whatever :D:

Upvote 0
Back