• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Server Install

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ok i have the Isos From here and i installed the 64bit Linux like 10X same thing
it installs i reboot i log in and change the root PW log off then log in the root acc:
i put in the Server install dvd
then i type mount /dev/cdrom /cdrom it says it doesn't exist or something like that.

the server in useing is a Poweredge T605 4xcore amd cpu 8gb of ram 4 hdds x2 1tb 1 320G 1 500gb

is there a all in install disk that boots then installs Linux and lets u pick what server you want to install in the same install progress. if there is that would alot helpful

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
LMAO Whats that got to do with any thing skill or no skill i followed the instructions
The Server refuses to read the disk even though i used the same Drive to install Linux Server
and i didn't ask any 1 to teach me how to use Linux. there needs better way to do this stuff BC every PC- and Server is different
it may do right on 1 pc or server and not the other. and there isnt any new install Files that i can find

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ty But not Using a VM I dont Trust Windows 4 a Sec to Run a VM lol
Ill Try that. Grr i have to reinstall the Linux again :p
its always the silly things u forger to do

Reaction score
Ok i have the Isos From here and i installed the 64bit Linux like 10X same thing
it installs i reboot i log in and change the root PW log off then log in the root acc:
i put in the Server install dvd
then i type mount /dev/cdrom /cdrom it says it doesn't exist or something like that.

the server in useing is a Poweredge T605 4xcore amd cpu 8gb of ram 4 hdds x2 1tb 1 320G 1 500gb

is there a all in install disk that boots then installs Linux and lets u pick what server you want to install in the same install progress. if there is that would alot helpful
http://forum.ragezone.com/f751/installation-pw-server-1-1-a-1097596/
this need minimal linux knownladge

Back