Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Starting a New Server Needing Devs

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
I have been out of the PW for over 2 years. Im back and Im needing Experienced Help with dev, gms, website. Im taking Perfect World to an all new level. Ive been making games for computers for the last 2 years. Just as a hobby to give me ideas. My Pw will be unlike any that has ever been around with more scripts and everything will be custom. Even if you dont have much experience and willing to help message me.

Robb
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Or, you could develop it yourself?

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Or, you could develop it yourself?

i will be developing it myself. Theres only a few things i cant do. Almost all the devloping will be done by me. But my ideas will take at least 2 experienced devs to help pull off. As what im working on hasnt been done. Theres alot i will be doing that will set my server off from everyone that ever has had a server.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Is PW even worth it anymore? Not trolling, honest question.

well to be honest theres alot more games out there that beats pw. But i met my wife on pw. And we both like playing pw. Ive been helping making games for awhile for android and computers. Now there is alot that can be done with pw. As yet anyone here is still learning what can and cant be done. Every server i have played on been on. Basically has the same stuff just a different layout. Im basically making it from scratch with a few addons. Granted the only way to learn is from trial and error.. Ive made alot of mistakes on the other servers to know the basic errors.. But we all have them at some point. My last pw server was in the top 3 about 4 years ago. I plan on being number 1. As everyone has to have a goal. Theres so much one can do with pw to make it a great game once more. But what makes a server a server is the community and the people. I play serveral games on tablet that i barely go on but i go on to talk to some ppl there as ive made alot of friends there

Ben

Developer - JS
Developer
Reaction score
I make lots of diffirent PW server layouts all the time for about 1 year now i think. The fact is that most stuff is already being used so to actually get something new you really need to put some efford in it. Theres some ways to actually bring something nice out of the game that no one ever did.

A pretty nice example is the task editor of MrKiller http://forum.ragezone.com/f752/jqeditor-job-quest-editor-1002590/

It has some options that make it able to restict certain things that no server ever did, tho the tool is not finished but the source code is there.

But its like most ppl say, you need to be lucky on PW servers, theres enough examples. I've been working with awesome design'ed servers lots of features alot of editing and they don't even lift off with a max ppl online of like 50-120.

And then you see retail like servers that actually not really need to do that much they turn out to be a huge success.

from my opinion it looks like the less you do and the more you talk the more success it turns out.

tho its just my opinion.

ps: the servers i made were also retail like but had alot of features and changes made ingame.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
very true... ive already got 50 ppl that will join when its up... and about 500 that will come as well... as im very big on the pw community... but i dont want mine to be the same aas everyone elses.... and it does take alot of effort to get a good one up. this is why i need some help...once its up it wont take as much effort... ive made serval where i did all the dev programming website etc... and it was a headache but the server did awesome till i went through a bad divorce... but this server will have alot of retail but with added features

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Nope,not worth anymore so many servers still opening for nothing sorry i'm not trying to be a fgt,but yeah lol PW servers are actually so dead somehow.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
dead? yes i know the top 3 barely has under 300 on all the time some more like 100... i will have around 600-1k ppl on at all times... its not a matter of how great your server is but how well known you are... i might not be known here but i have alot of followers... the saying is be nice to others and they be nice to you.... when i hosted before i had over 500 on at all times... its how you act when u run a server that matters... if i play a game and i got a question or trying to sumbit a bug and no one replies i leave the game... thats 75% of why pw server fails... lack of communication... i can go on and on of reasons why theres so many ppl leaving one server for another... but that would make me like the rest

[B]aSH
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure Epic has over 1k players online.

Your ambition is very.... inspiring.

All servers fail it's just a matter of when, if you feel that communication is going to get you 1k players then good luck to you, lets see how motivated you are after a year of taking their shenanigans lol if you even last a year.

But good luck ofc it would be nice to see someone do something new but I can guarantee... it's probably something we've all seen before.

Ben

Developer - JS
Developer
Reaction score
Theres only a few things that have never been done by any private server most already been claimed by older servers.

Once he's open he can say what ''new'' things he has i'm sure we all could answer which server had what already :) But Brian don't scare him Dx of what i saw of most servers i assume most of them last for 5-8 month tho.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Theres only a few things that have never been done by any private server most already been claimed by older servers.

Once he's open he can say what ''new'' things he has i'm sure we all could answer which server had what already :) But Brian don't scare him Dx of what i saw of most servers i assume most of them last for 5-8 month tho.

ive had a server that was in top 3 for over a year... went through a bad divorce and lost internet is the only reason it went down... and by far there is alot more that hasnt been done and i know what has been done cause i have played on about every private server ever made...in order to get alot of new stuff got to be a hard coder. but i will post screenshots of what will be new and all maybe even release a few things

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
very true... ive already got 50 ppl that will join when its up... and about 500 that will come as well... as im very big on the pw community.. i will have around 600-1k ppl on at all times...

This is the funniest poop I've ever seen. 50 join on first day? and from 500 to 600-1K more?

And if you're so popular..Who are you? Never seen anything about you anywhere..

PW died ages ago..Only reason the top servers on xtremtop has players is because people are just having a place to hangout on with their friends.

People open and close servers they copy paste from ragezone more often than i change my underwear.

server in top 3? Which one.

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I prefer to have 50 active ppl than have 600 ppl full afk ADC West
norman1234 - Starting a New Server Needing Devs - RaGEZONE Forums

After, doing a new server for ? exp x 545354654654654654654, sp x 54654666321231231, etc... ?
Or for take custom content from other pwgames private ?

Just find one good like vendetta, and going to help him or, another it's same for doing 1 server with xxxxxxxx² players ?

to divide all players is really, REALLY a bad idea, cause we going to kill definitly perfect world.

that was doing with metin²

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I did not say that to the critics, but for we work together for the survival of perfect world

Back