• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

minimal development server

Status
Not open for further replies.
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
This is a minimal version of the 1.4 server for people who want to start creating tools or experiment. This is not a "complete package" with "easy to setup" instructions and is by no mean ready for production. If you know nothing about PW or linux, walk by and come back later.

I will not provide support, if you can't get it up, that's your problem. However I believe there are people out there with enough knowledge to enjoy this.

Content:
-fixed MODIFIED auth server. A minimal auth server, it lets you log in with account id and "123" as pass. For example: 32 / 123 or 48 / 123. It does not require mysql. You automatically get GM privileges too (some, I think I didn't put all). I will eventually release a full auth server when I have time to mess with the other functions (cash crediting, etc).
-working server.
-main world.
-all maps (separate download).
-matching data for client (separate download).

Install:
copy the files wherever you want.

Make those files executable (chmod +x)
Code:
server/anticheat/anticheat
server/dbgame/dbgame
server/delivery/delivery
server/game/game
server/game/ail
server/log/log
server/dbunique/dbunique
server/faction/faction
server/link/link
script/start
script/stop

Copy libtask.so from script/tools/ to /usr/lib/

Change path in those files to match where you put them:
Code:
server/game/world.cfg
server/dbgame/dbgame.cfg
server/dbunique/dbunique.cfg
server/auth/log4j.properties (and change CONSOLE by FILE)
server/log/log.cfg
script/start

If its the first time you run PW on that machine you need java and pcre lib. For debian-like:
Code:
aptitude install openjdk-6-jre
aptitude install libpcre++0
ln /usr/lib/libpcre++.so.0 /usr/lib/libpcre.so.0

Start the server:
Code:
script/start
server/game/ail gs01
Stop the server:
Code:
killall ail
script/stop

Client:
Copy the client files over a up-to-date-ish PWI client. Change the server info in patcher/server/serverlist.txt (warning: this server runs on port 13337 by default, NOT 29000)

Map Pack:
You need to edit server/game/worldalias.cfg to match your server (i.e. replace all gameX by 127.0.0.1 if you don't know what you're doing).

Questions:
Q: All the names are different from normal
A: I like it that way and I compiled this together, change it back if you want.

Q: It doesn't work
A: try again, if it still doesn't work you probably shouldn't be using it anyway

Q: Where are the tools
A: make 'em, share 'em

Q: I get client version too low
A: check that you started game server properly

Q: I don't like...
A: change it

Links:
Server:
uppit
FileFactory
Rapidshare

Client:
uppit
minus
load.to
Rapidshare
verzend

Map Pack:
uppit
alterupload.com
minus
2shared

Changelog:
28th: added map pack, added server/game/world.cfg to the list of files to edit, added a few mirrors

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Re: 1.4 minimal development server

Updated. Keep the releases coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back