Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

PW 155 Out of the Box

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
thank you, the resurrection worked,I have another problemsorry for bothering,copy a set and change the id, when I use it the pj looks completely naked

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
What client are you using...? What is "pj"...?

I had a similar problem when downgrading clients with models2.pck...

Copy a set..?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I clone a set of full armorchest, pants, boots, arm and weaponI changed the original id and when I use it in my character it goes naked, it raises my defense, hp and attack but in my character it is not seen that I brought it

I use the google translator that's why you do not understand much

I use the client that you recommend in this guide

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
I haven't tried cloning/creating new gear, but it should be simple... Did you use IDs that are not currently used elsewhere...?

What set are you trying to clone...? I'll give it a go and see what is involved...

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
use the item
I clone him
I put the clone id id 70000
the 70000 is not used in any other

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Try using an ID 65000 or less... I tried 80000 and had the same problem... Using 64001 it gave me the base model, but the colorful special effect was missing...

We are getting off topic here, this guide should work... It's the same idea,

Custom Fashion

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
exp rates are default set 0 in gamed/gs.conf on server side... i used antiwallow mod to set my exp rates...

ERR npcs...? that would usually be client side problem, either the models are missing or the paths in elements.data are incorrect... Which client are you using and which .data files did you sync...?

PS : sorry didn't mention that the data files need to be sync'd... Its something that is so common, i over looked it... :)

I just copied elements.data, tasks.data, gshop.data, gshop1.data, and gshop2.data from server side to client and the client i am using is the one you posted here: v1.5.5 Client Downgraded and Translated

I used your fix from the client thread and that seems to have solved the ERR Npcs. Solved exp problem, guess you dont get any exp in safezone doh

Last edited:
Elite Diviner
Reaction score
@altamash by default the official files appear to have exp set at 0... I don't completely understand the light and heavywallow settings in gamed/gs.conf... Maybe set both heavy and light the same... I've always used the heavywallow mod, in which sets the same exp rate everywhere...

Heavywallow exp rate mod

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
I haven't tried... Biggest problem I had with using recent distros of Linux was the default Java, newer tomcat, and updated packages... Java you can, install older versions... Tomcat used for pwadmin, you can use Jakarta for that... As for the packages, just do a apt-cache search to find the current package version...

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
So I got this server working with your downgraded client. I can't seem to enter the homestead though, the NPC Vedas doesn't have the quest "The Monk's Reply" instead one of the NPC's near the homestead weapon forge has that quest (I can't remember what his name is), Nightbloom doesn't have a quest available so I cant turn it in. Anyways thanks for the release

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Are you using the tasks.data and elements.data from the client side...? I didn't modify anything from what the official plan was, and they have made a lot of changes... The one thing that will differ is the npcgen... I'll look into it...

Ok i looked it through, yes PWE changed the quests around... if you compare a clean copy of v156 elements.data with the one in the downgraded client, look at the NPC's Veda and Nightbloom Task_IN and OUT service table... the task IDs for Monk's Reply and Most Important Message are missing... just add them in... i'll update it on my client when i get a chance... :)

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Ok tyvm (and ya I'm using the client side files) sorry for such a noob question but what program do you use to open npcgen.data for 1.5.5 (almost all the tools I've tried have complained that the version is unknown).

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Ive just gotten back into pw servers i have the server running with no problems when i open the client it tries to connect to pwi and update even tho it doesnt have the update address for pwi do i need to let it upgrade and then downgrade it or am i missing something else?

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Ok tyvm (and ya I'm using the client side files) sorry for such a noob question but what program do you use to open npcgen.data for 1.5.5 (almost all the tools I've tried have complained that the version is unknown).
Npcgen Editor by Luka

Ive just gotten back into pw servers i have the server running with no problems when i open the client it tries to connect to pwi and update even tho it doesnt have the update address for pwi do i need to let it upgrade and then downgrade it or am i missing something else?

there are 2 serverlist.txt and updateserver.txt locations :
.\element\userdata\server\updateserver.txt
.\patcher\server\updateserver.txt

if you use the patcher/launcher to start the client it will default the patcher folder first... in the end you only want the serverlist.txt and/or updateserver.txt in one or the other location to prevent confusion... if one or both do not exist, you'll need to create them...

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Help :(.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
pwadmin is one of many different services here...

Did you check if pwadmin was running...?
Did you try restarting pwadmin...?
Did you verify correct ip/link...?
Did you check the settings in .pwadminconf.jsp...?

Could be many reasons... :)

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Copy elements.data, tasks.data, gshop.data, gshop1.data, and gshop2.data from server side to client...

can't find these files on server side.

Wrechid - PW 155 Out of the Box - RaGEZONE Forums

That's what's happening when I click "Start" button. Can anyone help me?

I am setting up my server last nigh when I got confused with this step(in an instruction file named "CPW_SETUP.txt":

"4 - (launcher Verify option) copy element dir from client to ./CPW/files/new/*.pck archives have to be extracted*** do not put .pck files in ./new dir ***example: models.pck = ./new/element/models/"

since "client/element" dir from client does not have anything on it, what I did was I copied "client/config/element" from client to the server side.

The folder "client/config/element" contains:
Wrechid - PW 155 Out of the Box - RaGEZONE Forums

I really dont know where did I get wrong. I hope anyone could help me. Thanks.

Last edited:
Back