Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Release] mSKILLSoctet - A Minimal skills octet tool

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
mSKILLSoctet
A minimal skills octet Tool.

What is it?

This is a tool for modifying and generating the skills octet/hex string of a character's role xml. A charcter's role xml can be modified using something like iweb or pwAdmin.

This is a "minimal" tool. In other words, the editor only includes basic functionalities to allow you to modify values.

Why modify the skills octet?

While this tool is not very useful on a Production server, it has came in handy to me many times during Development. Personally, I have repeatedly experimented with the new Primal skills, resulting in me having to learn/unlearn them many times. Since there is no in game method of unlearning a skill, I developed this tool to allow me to do so.

How to edit?

1. Use a tool that can modify role xml, such as iweb or pwAdmin.
  2. On a character's role xml, find the skills element.
  3. Copy the octet into the editor.
  4. Press the Import button.
  5. Modify the skills as you see fit. (Use the -/+ Level button to adjust the skill's level. Use the -/+ Mastery button for crafting skills. Use the arrow buttons to add or remove skill.)
  6. Press the Generate button.
  7. Copy the generated octet and paste it into the editor, replacing the old octet.
  8. Save the character's role xml (character must be logged out).

Who made it?

This tool was made by myself.

There are no documentations on the structure of the skills octet that I am aware of. However, the structure of the octet is fairly simple, so I was able to derive it myself.

Where can it be used?

While I have found editors with similar functionalities, they are all either not in English, or out of date. For that reason, this editor will load skillstr.txt to get a list of available skills, as opposed to having them hardcoded. So in theory, this editor should work on past versions as well as future versions of the game, as long as the structure of the skills octet remains constant.

However, this was only actually tested on 1.5.3.

You will need the .NET Framework v4.6.1 to run the editor.

Screenshot

TheOutsider - [Release] mSKILLSoctet - A Minimal skills octet tool - RaGEZONE Forums

Pricing?

All my releases will follow a "Pay What You Want" model. As the name implies, you can pay any amount you want (including $0).

My philosophy is that the more tools available to everyone the better, because it keeps the game alive. So feel free to use the tool even if you can't pay.

Download

Attachment: View attachment mSKILLSoctet.zip

Virus Scan:

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Just a word of warning, you can post your tools here only if they are free of charge. The second you begin charging for them, I will remove the threads.
I understand. That is fair to me.

My philosophy is to allow everyone access to tools even if they can't pay, and I don't see myself changing that any time soon. I hope to not cause any problems in the future.

Thank you for informing me!

Back