Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Release] Perfect World Server 1.4.4 - Basic Setup

Reaction score
Credits goes to SEModer for assembling such a nice package... and Rusran from previous deleted guide...

* This installation is intended to any Linux version (Ubuntu, Debian, RedHat..)
* If you are using a desktop installation Gnome, Kde, etc... keep in mind you have to use the shell as root: "su root"...

-> Assuming that you just did a fresh installation of any Linux...

First steps:

Initial preparation:
# apt-get update

Install the SSH server:
# apt-get install openssh-server

Install the JAVA:
# apt-get install openjdk-6-jre (about 150mb)
OR
# apt-get install openjdk-6-headless (about 95mb)

Necessary packages:
# apt-get install apache2
# apt-get install mysql-server
# apt-get install php5
# apt-get install php5-mysql
# apt-get install php5-cgi
# apt-get install phpmyadmin
# apt-get install mc

Downloads:
Server Files
Mirrors: ,
Maps: , , , (credits to Souris)
Client Files
Mirrors:

Configuration:
1. Unpack the Server files direct to the root
2. Open the file /root/glinkd/gamesys.conf and change the 4 initial IP as bellow:

[GLinkServer1]
address=192.168.1.3 <- change to your IP

[GLinkServer2]

[GLinkServer3]

[GLinkServer4]

3. Open the file /etc/hosts
Code:
127.0.1.1	[B]kunbuntu[/B] <- change back to your server name previous configured

4. Change the permissions of /root/chmod.sh to 777
# chmod 777 /root/chmod.sh

5. Execute the file /root/chmod.sh
# /root/chmod.sh

6. Open the bellow files and do the necessary changes to match your server:
/etc/gmopgen.xml
/etc/table.xml
/var/www/register/config.php
/var/www/register/status.php

7. You are now with the basic settings OK.

Creating the data base:

1. Using any browser and go on and sign up as root
2. Import the mysql_tables.sql from SQL folder.. and press GO
3. Now select the pw database that you just created and go on SQL
4. Paste the contents the file mysql_procedures.sql in to it and change "delimiter" from ; to $$... and press GO
5. Your database is now set.
6. Go on and register any account of your choice

Executing the server:

1. Make the Jetty daemon running with:
# /root/jetty/jettyservice start
you can also add this script to the /etc/init.d/ and call it as a basic service if you want

2. You are now good to run your server, but theres two options:
# /root/start.sh (basic running... good to following the real-time movement)
OR
# /root/start_quiet.sh (silence mode... the STDOUT/STDERR will be filled into the log files)

3. If you want to stop the server:
# /root/stop.sh (pretty obivious ;] )

4. With the Jetty running you will be able to connect to:
IWEB:
pwAdmin:
* Just make sure to check their configurations before!

Enthrallment Protocol?!
* Its a new service introduced on the newer versions of the AUTHD
* Its some kind of *testing* schema or event system
* The previous release by SEModer had it working already good except for a check function with the UserLogout
* I replaced with some other files so the new authd can run fine...
* Enthrallment.data still missing tho...
* If you want to test what this protocol does, follow the instructions:
-> rename the /root/mauthd/build/protocol_original to /root/mauthd/build/protocol
-> open the /etc/authd.conf and change enable_enthrallment to true
-> restart your server
-> Now every user loged will see an yellow/green icon on top-middle screen showing an switching timer... this timers defines how long you can play the game
and how long you will do *nothing*.. yes.. you will be meditating... not sure whats exactly this function stands for... but its pretty useless anyway.

Observations
:
* Im using the V580 client, wich is very compatible and requires almost no changing/fixing... if you want go ahead and try others versions.. its your call...
just keep in mind the highest is you client version the more you will *probably* needing of fixes and patchings.. just like the 1.3.6.. so try at you own risk =]
* I recommend you to start without the full map configuration... try get used the new things first...
* You can NOT set the EXP bonus like before... theres only two ways to do this at the moment...
1. You can use an Elements and increases all the mob EXPs;
2. You can use the ninja-style and hex-edit the GS... but for that you have to have
some knowledge;
3. OR.. you can use IWEB and set the double-exp wich seems to be limited to 10 only
* Theres absolut no diference with the client/server files listed bellow
Code:
[B]Elements.data[/B] (same files in client/server, patched from V580)
[B]Tasks.data[/B] (same files in client/server, original from V580)
[B]Task_npc.data[/B] (same files in client/server, original from V580)
[B]Gshop.data[/B] (same files in client/server)
[B]Gshop1.data[/B]/[B]Gshopsev.data[/B] (same files in client/server)

* This package is far from being a final release or perfect... but as the situation goes... looks like it will be the best that you will get for awhile...
* At the moment theres no stable way to change the game functionalitys (not to the public at least), you can use the IWEB or pwAdmin (both on the package) or any other manager of yor choice, but keep in mind you will be alot frustrated and probably pulling some hair off your skull... have some patience and try again... or have some patience and go study the other existent solutions trought *Search Button*... or you can ask nicely and maybe someone on the forum can help you... BUT remmeber at the present day everthing still very new (at least to the *public*) and most of the people are trying to figure the solutions by themselves, so.. have some more patience and try again =]
* If you never managed to get an 1.2.6 server working, its pretty obivious you are on the wrong place and should study more the older package versions!

Last edited:
0, 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13,
Reaction score
404 Not Found on the server files tried twice
To extrapolate - The timing wait occurs but after this the link given is 404 error.
It might be their server and it may come good, just passing the word on current situation.
BTW very nice guide, even a monkey could follow that :thumbup1:

Last edited:
Reaction score
404 Not Found on the server files tried twice
To extrapolate - The timing wait occurs but after this the link given is 404 error.
It might be their server and it may come good, just passing the word on current situation.
BTW very nice guide, even a monkey could follow that :thumbup1:
Thx =]

Most of the "traffic limit" message is attributed to browsers using proxys.. check your configurations or try another proxy instead...

Reaction score
Just a quick one, the iweb and pwAdmin are working as is or are needing to be added manually?

With the Jetty running you can execute as it is:

Just check the configurations first and see if you need to change anything to your server

Thx i added the info to the topic.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I love you, thankkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkks

i can confirm, all works fine

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Great work!
Thankssssssssssss:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
i got this error when trying to excute the mysql_procedures.sl

Error
searching SQL:

CREATE PROCEDURE `usecash`( in userid1 INTEGER, in zoneid1 INTEGER, in sn1 INTEGER, in aid1 INTEGER, in point1 INTEGER, in cash1 INTEGER, in status1 INTEGER, out error INTEGER ) BEGIN DECLARE sn_old INTEGER; DECLARE aid_old INTEGER; DECLARE point_old INTEGER; DECLARE cash_old INTEGER; DECLARE status_old INTEGER; DECLARE createtime_old DATETIME; DECLARE time_old INTEGER; DECLARE need_restore INTEGER; DECLARE exists1 INTEGER; DECLARE rowcount INTEGER; START TRANSACTION; SET error = 0; SET need_restore = 0; SELECT SQL_CALC_FOUND_ROWS sn, aid, point, cash, status, creatime INTO sn_old, aid_old, point_old, cash_old, status_old, createtime_old FROM usecashnow WHERE userid = userid1 AND zoneid = zoneid1 AND sn >= 0; SET rowcount = FOUND_ROWS(); IF rowcount = 1 THEN SET exists1 = 1; ELSE SET exists1 = 0; END IF; IF status1 = 0 THEN IF exists1 = 0 THEN SELECT aid, point INTO aid1, point1 FROM usecashnow WHERE [...]

MySQL said:

#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 95

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

Error
searching SQL:

CREATE PROCEDURE `usecash`( in userid1 INTEGER, in zoneid1 INTEGER, in sn1 INTEGER, in aid1 INTEGER, in point1 INTEGER, in cash1 INTEGER, in status1 INTEGER, out error INTEGER ) BEGIN DECLARE sn_old INTEGER; DECLARE aid_old INTEGER; DECLARE point_old INTEGER; DECLARE cash_old INTEGER; DECLARE status_old INTEGER; DECLARE createtime_old DATETIME; DECLARE time_old INTEGER; DECLARE need_restore INTEGER; DECLARE exists1 INTEGER; DECLARE rowcount INTEGER; START TRANSACTION; SET error = 0; SET need_restore = 0; SELECT SQL_CALC_FOUND_ROWS sn, aid, point, cash, status, creatime INTO sn_old, aid_old, point_old, cash_old, status_old, createtime_old FROM usecashnow WHERE userid = userid1 AND zoneid = zoneid1 AND sn >= 0; SET rowcount = FOUND_ROWS(); IF rowcount = 1 THEN SET exists1 = 1; ELSE SET exists1 = 0; END IF; IF status1 = 0 THEN IF exists1 = 0 THEN SELECT aid, point INTO aid1, point1 FROM usecashnow WHERE [...]

MySQL said:

#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 95
I had this error too. :ehh:

Reaction score

Error
searching SQL:

MySQL said:

You are not going to import the file like the other one...
->Open the mysql_procedures.sql with any text editor...
->Select you database pw
->Go on SQL
->Copy and Pate the contents of the mysql_procedures.sql into it... and change the delimitir from ; to $$...
->If you still get an error... you can remove the two firt lines:
*DELIMITER $$
*use pw$$
.. and try again

I noticed this error before too... but rememmber.. you are not using the function Import... you are using the SQL to work with the 2nd file..

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
What about the ones that already have a flavor of linux installed? Or is just better to do a fresh install?

I don't know how to get out of my 1.3.6 root system.

When I try

apt-get install PWS144-Base.rar

it tells me it can't locate it. So I tried sticking it in that root folder(or what I assumed was)..same thing. As a way of guess work, I unpacked it the old fashion way(via winrar).

Basically, all I need to know is how to unpack this, the rest I can do easily. Already have the client setup and the database setup, just not the server.

I just hate being unsavy in things..

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Any hope of a x64-bit Windows OS running a vm running this? or am I S.O.L until I get my lazy butt working on my "out-of-commission" Linux OS?

Reaction score
What about the ones that already have a flavor of linux installed? Or is just better to do a fresh install?

I don't know how to get out of my 1.3.6 root system.

When I try

apt-get install PWS144-Base.rar

it tells me it can't locate it. So I tried sticking it in that root folder(or what I assumed was)..same thing. As a way of guess work, I unpacked it the old fashion way(via winrar).

Basically, all I need to know is how to unpack this, the rest I can do easily. Already have the client setup and the database setup, just not the server.

I just hate being unsavy in things..

In your case is a better idea start a fresh installation... and maybe get more familiar with Linux?!

apt-get install PWS144-Base.rar <- this command wont work... i had to make a dedicated link repository for that, wich i can say for sure im not going to do.

Besides you can easily download the *decompressed* files through a program like WinSCP or FileZila using an SFTP connection (thats why the needind of the OpenSSH)

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I see. Well I'll do a fresh install then. And command use in linux I'm definetly lacking in knowledge in.
Any hope of a x64-bit Windows OS running a vm running this? or am I S.O.L until I get my lazy butt working on my "out-of-commission" Linux OS?

I have 64bit Win 7, using a vm to run one. Just get the ubuntu SERVER EDITION(there is a 64bit version). Assuming this applies for 144

Refer to this post: http://forum.ragezone.com/6233360-post2.html

Back