Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Release] Perfect World Server 1.4.4 - Basic Setup

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Any hope of a x64-bit Windows OS running a vm running this? or am I S.O.L until I get my lazy butt working on my "out-of-commission" Linux OS?

Even if you have a supreme build with good SSDs/Processors/Memorys it wont be as good as it should be in a dedicated Linux server... maybe if the server files were ported to Win 32/64.. but thats not the case...

But everthing just depends of what you want... i suppose you still can have some fun playing with a few ppl if you were running on a VM machine... but if your main target is a big server... thats definitely not recommended =]

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Um... Got a matrixpwd error on gdeliveryd
TRACE : gdelivery: :passwdtimeout. user=khangvn08
and then a cache missing error too.
Thus, it got me the Server network error.
Any help will be appreciated.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Um... Got a matrixpwd error on gdeliveryd

and then a cache missing error too.
Thus, it got me the Server network error.
Any help will be appreciated.

sometimes if you were running the server before everthing is set.. you may get this error...

try add an account and then start you server...

if you are using everthing fresh.. i can garantee that it will work just fine...
but if you are replacing old files, not sure what problem you might have...

I tested on Debian 6.0.4, Unbuntu 10.04, Kunbuntu 11.10...
But i used fresh installations...

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I set all the IP in hosts file to 127.0.0.1, but my server's IP is 192.168.61.129, so which do I need to replace in host file?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I set all the IP in hosts file to 127.0.0.1, but my server's IP is 192.168.61.129, so which do I need to replace in host file?

Code:
127.0.1.1   kunbuntu  <- replace with your previous configured server name

normally the instruction above is all you have to do... but i guess this case will work better if you are using a DCHP configuration...

If you have an static IP do as follow:
Code:
192.168.61.129   your-server-name
also take a look in /etc/network/interfaces and check if the configuration is set to your IP..
If you still have some doubts about how to configure the interfaces, take a look here: ... its a good guide for starting

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Even if you have a supreme build with good SSDs/Processors/Memorys it wont be as good as it should be in a dedicated Linux server... maybe if the server files were ported to Win 32/64.. but thats not the case...

But everthing just depends of what you want... i suppose you still can have some fun playing with a few ppl if you were running on a VM machine... but if your main target is a big server... thats definitely not recommended =]

Thanks, mainly I want this for a personal server, for just me, and maybe someone running on a LAN could join, but not aiming for a commercial server. I'm installing x64 ubuntu atm, thanks for the info above and the fast responses, and Thank you asgborges for the files+guide. :)

EDIT: I'm almost done setting up the 1.4.4 server, but the only thing I couldn't get working was the "serverip/register/register.php", I have all the files directly added to the /root folder, and have phpmyadmin set up, but it still won't work, it just gives me a 404 error, any ideas?
(I've tried 127.0.0.1, 127.0.1.1, and my personal IP, and none work.)

EDIT 2: I also get this on PwAdmin: Connection to MySQL Database Failed

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thanks, mainly I want this for a personal server, for just me, and maybe someone running on a LAN could join, but not aiming for a commercial server. I'm installing x64 ubuntu atm, thanks for the info above and the fast responses, and Thank you asgborges for the files+guide. :)

EDIT: I'm almost done setting up the 1.4.4 server, but the only thing I couldn't get working was the "serverip/register/register.php", I have all the files directly added to the /root folder, and have phpmyadmin set up, but it still won't work, it just gives me a 404 error, any ideas?
(I've tried 127.0.0.1, 127.0.1.1, and my personal IP, and none work.)

Is your problem phpmyadmin or the registration script.

This is the fix I used to get phpmyadmin working.
Does /etc/apache2/conf.d/phpmyadmin.conf exist? If not, does /etc/phpmyadmin/apache.conf exist?

If the first doesn't exist and the second does, try:

sudo ln -s /etc/phpmyadmin/apache.conf /etc/apache2/conf.d/phpmyadmin.conf
sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 restart

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Is your problem phpmyadmin or the registration script.

This is the fix I used to get phpmyadmin working.
Does /etc/apache2/conf.d/phpmyadmin.conf exist? If not, does /etc/phpmyadmin/apache.conf exist?

If the first doesn't exist and the second does, try:

sudo ln -s /etc/phpmyadmin/apache.conf /etc/apache2/conf.d/phpmyadmin.conf
sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 restart

I figured out why phpmyadmin wasn't working, but I have another problem right now, it seems everytime I try to execute Start.sh, the files associated with it have their permissions denied, but when I go to the files they are allowed. (I used chmod 777 on all of the pw files and their folders.)

EDIT: Never mind, I got around the permissions, but now it says:

=== LOGSERVICE ===
cd: 14: can't cd to /root/logs/logservice
/root/start.sh: 14: ./logservice: not found

The file is there with the correct permissions, but does not run. Any thoughts?

EDIT 2: I also get this on PwAdmin: Connection to MySQL Database Failed

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
hhhmmm not sure on that one....I'm trying to get passed the matrixpasswd query, is not working I get the incorrect account name or password when i try to login.....

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I figured out how come I got a network error. What you must change is the MySQL password in table.xml in both /etc/ and /root/mauthd/etc/.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I figured out how come I got a network error. What you must change is the MySQL password in table.xml in both /etc/ and /root/mauthd/etc/.

Would you happen to know which file connects pwAdmin to MySQL or vise-versa?

I keep getting "Failed to connect to MySQL database" on pwAdmin.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Would you happen to know which file connects pwAdmin to MySQL or vise-versa?

I keep getting "Failed to connect to MySQL database" on pwAdmin.

For pwAdmin, go to pwAdmin/WEB-INF/.pwadminconf.jsp then configure your setting to match your server.:cool:
*EDIT: It's recommended that we should use iweb to edit character xml.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
For pwAdmin, go to pwAdmin/WEB-INF/.pwadminconf.jsp then configure your setting to match your server.:cool:
*EDIT: It's recommended that we should use iweb to edit character xml.

YES!, thank you so much, apparently my pwadminconf was in a different folder. =\, but everything is good now with the webapp part ^^, now I just need to figure out why my start.sh hates me.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I got this error after installed vmwaretool.
Thanks in advance for your help!

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I can create a char, login to the game but
Auth Daemon still offline:?::?::?:
Dunno whats going on

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I can create a char, login to the game but
Auth Daemon still offline:?::?::?:
Dunno whats going on

I say enjoy that you can play and mess around with files for now, until someone releases the files with a fix, or an easy fix to follow.'

Do you see anything that the offline auth server preventing in-game activities?

Noob question time: anyone know where in the client to change the connecting IP? It must be different for 1.4.4 than 1.3.6, because it isn't working for me. :(

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I say enjoy that you can play and mess around with files for now, until someone releases the files with a fix, or an easy fix to follow.'

Do you see anything that the offline auth server preventing in-game activities?

Noob question time: anyone know where in the client to change the connecting IP? It must be different for 1.4.4 than 1.3.6, because it isn't working for me. :(

If you ask for the IP login, you can change in pwi\patcher in server list but i dont know if you want that

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I've changed both patcher and element serverlists, and neither work, if anyone could pm me where or how to change the IP to connect to the server, that would be great. (I feel bad asking for so much help on this thread.)

P.S. I'm using v580 for my client.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I've changed both patcher and element serverlists, and neither work, if anyone could pm me where or how to change the IP to connect to the server, that would be great. (I feel bad asking for so much help on this thread.)

P.S. I'm using v580 for my client.

1. Patch with files from PWS144-ClientSide.rar
2. Go to
\Perfect World Entertainment\Perfect World International\patcher\server
and
\Perfect World Entertainment\Perfect World International\element\userdata\server

Delete all then change the content of the serverlist.txt to smth like this

PWI HELL 29000:192.168.x.x 1
Where 192.168.x.x is your server IP
:D::D:

Back