Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Release] Perfect World Server 1.4.4 - Basic Setup

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
i did i just keep gettin the same error, i also tried to delete the first to line that says
DELIMITER $$
use pw$$

Ohk since im still newbie on these things... i might have to ask how do i reset the database lo

*Edit: erhmmm i having another error at pwAdmin, it says "Connection to MySQL database failed" >.<

ok heres what you do delete the pw datebase by clicking the pw database and clicking the drop button from your phpmyadmin
then re import your mysql_tables.sql click go then select the new pw database it created and click the SQL button then open mysql_procedures.sql with notepad or whatever txt editor you use
Copy from here ---->CREATE PROCEDURE `acquireuserpasswd`(in name1 VARCHAR(64), out uid1 INTEGER, out passwd1 VARCHAR(64))
all the way to the bottom and past that into the SQL and then down where it says Delimiter ; change the ; to $$ then click Go all done.
It worked nicely for me
sorry for my bad English hope you all understand it

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Helpful answers you gave me there, buddy ... Any tips about the processor, ram and stuff ?

I do have to agree with fgru, come on now..I have a freaking video posted of how to get it up with all the files waiting in the tutorial section.
You could also read through peoples responses that seem to know what they are doing, these releases work. They only get buggy when you screw it up yourself because you have no prior knowledge of hosting a server, and do not look into how things work.
That helpful enough? :glare:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Helpful answer.. and you're funny too . Anyway.. I've been playing today with the files. Seems to get the things working.. :p

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello,

I have a little question! what version have this files? I can't use Open Zone or other tools...or, can i convert elements.data in v580...etc.?

Thank you !

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
hi sorry to bother you but im haveing a problem im on the pwAdmin site every thing is online but this 1 Auth Daemon ./authd 0 Offline can you help me please thanks

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
hi im stuck on the 777 thing im new to all this stuff can you help please

hi im new to this

1) whats permisions
2) how do i change them

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Small Example:
asgborges - [Release] Perfect World Server 1.4.4 - Basic Setup - RaGEZONE Forums

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
becoze ive never had to use chmod before ive just gone in to files i needed to change ips and user names and password then gone in to /etc/apache2/apache.conf and typed in Include /etc/phpmyadmin/apache2.conf thats why i dont know about chmod

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
After installing this the weekend I thought I'd condense all the tips over the 12 pages here into a quick FAQ with a few comments of my own.

--------------------------------------

Does this include the new races?

*Sigh* Just so that it's said somewhere here. Yes
Tideborn and Earthguard are in here as are the mobs of those areas and the quests and the gear and...

I get this error when trying to excute the mysql_procedures.sl:
#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 95
CREATE PROCEDURE `usecash`(...

Even when following the instructions I also got it. I think the script is too long and can time out. I tried it a few times and it kept stopping there for me.
Simply do it again BUT ONLY copy and paste in from the line "CREATE PROCEDURE `usecash`(" or where yours stopped until the end.
It's already done everything before that line and you can just continue from there.
Wiping and retrying works for some but mine kept timing out and I had to do it in 2 runs.

My pwAdmin keeps showing me mySql connection errors?

Check that you've edited your mySql password in:
/root/jetty/webapps/pwadmin/WEB-INF/.pwadminconf.jsp

Other mySql password locations?

Make sure you update the MySQL password in table.xml in
/etc/
and
/root/mauthd/etc/

What client do I use and how do I patch it?

1. Download the v580 client (Google it)
2. Patch it with the files in PWS144-ClientSide.rar (Page 1)
3. Edit your client server list files here
\Perfect World International\patcher\server
and
\Perfect World International\element\userdata\server

The Register page can't connect to mySql?

You forgot to edit these files and put your mySql password in.
var/www/register/config.php
var/www/register/status.php

Why can't I start the server from pwAdmin?

If you startup server from pwAdmin it will not work until you change line 84 of
/root/jetty/webapps/pwAdmin/serverctrl.jsp
from
fw.write("cd " + pw_server_path + "authd/; ./authd >" + pw_server_path + "logs/auth.log &\n");
to
fw.write("cd " + pw_server_path + "mauthd/build/; ./authd.sh start &\n");

Why is the server complaining about maps?

Dont forget to extract the contents of mappack.zip into
/root/gamed/config
on the server

I'm getting file permission errors on the server?

Make sure you are logged on as Super User
Repeat steps 4-5 on page 1.

Auth Daemon shows as Offline but everything else is online?

Live with it (for now). It's probably running but the display there is bugged.
Suggestion: Help debug the code to find out why. :)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I know its going to be something stupidly simple but I was wondering if anyone knows what ive done wrong.

I have as far as I can tell done everything right, the server is online according to pwadmin, everything but the authd is offline in the services tab, but I doubt that is the issue. When I start the client (v580, patched with the client files) everything works fine until I try to connect to the server. On the 'Choose Server' screen the following is shown;

___Server_______Ping_____Population
Server Name_____---_________---

I would appreciate if anyone could give me ideas as to what i'm looking for!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Did you set the proper server info in serverlist.txt ???

As far as I can tell, I will check it again, but it was the first place I went to.

EDIT: Ok so it worked, but after a reboot it stopped working. Any ideas?

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
As far as I can tell, I will check it again, but it was the first place I went to.

EDIT: Ok so it worked, but after a reboot it stopped working. Any ideas?

Are you using a static IP?
If not, then it may have acquired a new IP address after rebooting.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I worked it out, I feel like an idiot. Thanks for the tips though (I had used spaces where I thought tabs the first time round when it wouldnt connect).

Reactions: 343
Back