Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Release PW 1.4.6 v80. Simple install.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Try creating a new character through iWeb and see if it helps. I had to do that after changing some files and got to login. Anyway, I'll search for those files and see if it helps.

What changes did you do?Btw did you change auth or stick to the original one in the release?

I got a fix for the client on forums.It's a replacement elements.data and elementskill.dll + modify something in glinkd.Search for them.Do you have any ideea why my server can't access the database?i get incorrect password when i try to login.

The fix is here.Post number 3.I did that and it no longer says version low.Now i got the problem with wrong password even tough it is correct.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
What changes did you do?Btw did you change auth or stick to the original one in the release?

At first I used the original authd from this package, now I tried this with one of the authds I found on the forums: http://forum.ragezone.com/f753/v80-problem-login-945243/#post7697009 I had to set its config files (authd.conf) to match the gdelivery.conf isec, osec and iseckey + oseckey.

However, that didn't help. Can you tell me more about how you got rid of the "Version low" error? I'm mostly interested if the gshop files were enough because for me, timestamping those didn't work.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
At first I used the original authd from this package, now I tried this with one of the authds I found on the forums: http://forum.ragezone.com/f753/v80-problem-login-945243/#post7697009 I had to set its config files (authd.conf) to match the gdelivery.conf isec, osec and iseckey + oseckey.

However, that didn't help. Can you tell me more about how you got rid of the "Version low" error? I'm mostly interested if the gshop files were enough because for me, timestamping those didn't work.

Wait i messed up a little.I tought you use the 1.4.7 v80 release by mr.killer.Anyway i had this one too and i used the 676 client and updated it to 719 and it worked no problem.at first the gshop didn't work in game so i took the one from the server files and i had a gshop with a few items nothing fancy.But it worked no problem.Get the patches from offcial pwi website.

What are those osec and isec keys actualy?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Wait i messed up a little.I tought you use the 1.4.7 v80 release by mr.killer.Anyway i had this one too and i used the 676 client and updated it to 719 and it worked no problem.at first the gshop didn't work in game so i took the one from the server files and i had a gshop with a few items nothing fancy.But it worked no problem.Get the patches from offcial pwi website.

I'll try using the original gshop from the server files, then. I also patched my PW to version 719 through offical patches so it can't be that.

0, 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13,
Reaction score
If you guys read the forums, researched, read more and then more reading, you would have no problems solving your issues.
Is your gs offline?
Is it your authd that's offline?
There are 3 different authd floating around...which means three different styles of encoding via your registration script.
Time-stamping/export is the only way to be assured your gshop is not responsible for version low.
Using original gshop from client 719 will work, but any gshop will work providing it is stamped and exported correctly.
715-719 patch is indeed correct.
Use your logs to find out where/why some issues are arising from.
Use notepad ++ to read your logs and google translate.
I've been using my own authd since the v63 files, works every-time, same scripts etc.
Reading, reading, reading. <----- important

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
If you guys read the forums, researched, read more and then more reading, you would have no problems solving your issues.
Is your gs offline?
There are 3 different authd floating around...which means three different styles of encoding via your registration script.
Time-stamping/export is the only way to be assured your gshop is not responsible for version low.
Using original gshop from client 719 will work, but any gshop will work providing it is stamped and exported correctly.
I've been using my own authd since the v63 files, works every-time, same scripts etc.

Yes, I've been searching around the forums and that's pretty much what I've found so far. I'm planning on making my own guide for this (the server side is easy but setting the client seems to be problematic for many users).

GS and world map are online. I'm using a newly created account with a new level 1 character so I know it's not stuck in another map. Authd is online, responds to the login and works fine with no errors. Getting the timeout on entering the world gives no errors to the server (logout gets logged but looks just like a normal log out). Client logs show nothing out of ordinary.

But don't worry, I'm not giving up on finding out the answer myself. I merely shared my experience so others know they're not alone with their problems with this version. I still got some clues I can use to fix this and when I do, I'll post a full tutorial for it.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Is your gs offline?

Trust me i have searched the forum and tried 3 version of auth and none work.Kupuntu can you please upload your auth folder?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
where i can get a supporting Client Files..

Search for client 676 pwi and update it to 719.You can find the patches on their website.Or wait an hour and a half until i upload the client to 4shared.I am putting it for everyone.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Trust me i have searched the forum and tried 3 version of auth and none work.Kupuntu can you please upload your auth folder?

Sure:

If you get the "cannot connec to GAuthd" error, go fix the authd.conf files in /auth/etc and authd.cfg in /auth/build/conf. The isec, osec, iseckey, oseckey and shared key need to match the values in pwserver/gdeliveryd/gamesys.conf after the line [GAuthClient].

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Sure:

If you get the "cannot connec to GAuthd" error, go fix the authd.conf files in /auth/etc and authd.cfg in /auth/build/conf. The isec, osec, iseckey, oseckey and shared key need to match the values in pwserver/gdeliveryd/gamesys.conf after the line [GAuthClient].

Could those keys be the reason that my client was not able to connect to the database?I never checked that they are identical.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Sorry for double posting but...

I fixed my issue. Nothing in the logs was out of ordinary BUT when I replaced the files inside the folder pwserver/gamed/ (not touching the config folder) with the files from another release, it started to work. I'll look into why it didn't work and provide a replacement file package.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Sorry for double posting but...

I fixed my issue. Nothing in the logs was out of ordinary BUT when I replaced the files inside the folder pwserver/gamed/ (not touching the config folder) with the files from another release, it started to work. I'll look into why it didn't work and provide a replacement file package.

Do you have the chinese character names and quests and almost everything on your server?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Nope, everything is in English.

You mentioned you get the version low if you use the original files. Do that and post the EC.log from the client logs.

From what release did you get the gamed files?That might be my problem.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Search for client 676 pwi and update it to 719.You can find the patches on their website.Or wait an hour and a half until i upload the client to 4shared.I am putting it for everyone.

Looks like I will be waiting a while for the client.........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back