So yeah, I managed to get it working. A quick tutorial to those who need it:
1. Install linux (I used the 12.04 Ubuntu 32-bit), virtual PC works fine.
2. Run the commands in the first post.
3. Install the v676 AtomicGamer client here:
4. Patch it up to v719. Use these patches from here: PWI Manual Patch Links - v743 September 4 - Perfect World Go with these files: imgur: the simple image sharer
5. http://forum.ragezone.com/f751/pw-se...ml#post7788244 Go to this link and download the gshop.zip. Take the gshop.data and gshop1.data and put these to your client installationfolder/element/data. Take the gshopsev.data and gshopsev1.data and put those to /pwserver/gamed/config. Thanks 343 for these files.
6. Edit pwclient/patcher/serverlist.txt to include your own IP for the server. Just replace one of the addresses with that, just keep the port there (should look like this: 29000:192.168.1.10 if that is your IP.)
7. Edit the updateserver.txt in the same folder and break the patch servers so you cannot ever update the client by accident. Remove everything and paste this:You will now have no boutique/goldshop/whatever. This is because your shop is empty. The reason for this is to see if your server works or not. If it does, make a new gshop (you can find the tutorials for this on the site).Code:"[EN]Patch-1" "http://patch/" "[EN]Patch-2" "http://patch/"
I currently don't have a working PWadmin or iWeb. When I get those done, I'll continue my tutorial.
I tried getting the 1.4.5 version of PWadmin but it just doesn't work. Making a new, clean database either through phpmyadmin or terminal and importing the dbo.sql file from this topic: (Release) pwAdmin 1.4.5 (Character Page, Edit XML & Live Chat) still makes me unable to do anything. I can't login due to no accounts (there's one with ID of 16, though but I don't know the password for it), if I make a new one it makes me unable to login due to matrixpassword NOT usb bind problem even though I am not using capital letters.
I'll probably get those sorted tomorrow, though.
Hi I would like to say thank you for helping me now Runs the server without errors
Greetings from Germany
PS : Sry for my bad English
Why does the server close when I run start-min?
Hello Hier is my complet working GShop If anyone may have Download
hy i dont now wath is the problem maybe show in start-min.sh maybe an error or you have there is since changed?
Made in Russian=)
... back to topic ...
forum rules >> 19 >> This forum is English; you must either post in English or create an accurate translation
we are a developer forum not an networking / linux forum and we cannot teach you networking / linux basics >> knowledge about linux
I was trying to verify if it was just me or not, but it looks like that even after a clean linux install and doing the exact steps as mentioned in the first post (not very hard a guide, eh?), iweb is not working as intended. The register script (not in iweb, the one in /pwserver/www/ that you can access by entering your server IP on your browser) can create an account just fine. These are the things I found either working or not working:
1. Account creation on iweb works fine. All created accounts start with the ID of 1024, either through here or with the register.php.
2. Authd looks like it's offline even though it's not. The fix to this has already been listed earlier in the thread (this happens to due to iweb not understanding that authd is on, has nothing to do with anything).
3. Sendmail remains untested so far. I'll look into it as well.
4. Checking any "default role" on the [change role info] tab returns "Failed to get role info from the database, maybe this role didn't exist or access timed out.Please try again." Possible database error but it doesn't explain the working iweb account creation.
5. Listing user's roles doesn't work. If you input the role ID (for example, 1025), terminal outputs you the userid it belongs to but iweb keeps loading the page and never works. Inputting user ID also produces infinite load.
6. Clicking gold info produces totally empty page.
Normally I'd think that this is definitely a database error. However, this has been the case with my last three installs on a clean machine and the script (should've) changed all the passwords anyway. Also since some of the features work (such as registering on iweb), it shouldn't be a problem with database passwords either. I could also see it being a problem with a database that is in wrong format (missing critical tables) but why would the release be packed with a db that doesn't work the with iweb that comes with the release.
I'll read some logs and google around a bit. When I get this working, I will post a step-by-step guide to fixing it, unless I am the only one who has gotten this error.
thingy what means you dont need a server. stay as player, will be better to everyone
Farewell. Gotta leave RaGEZONE and the whole MMO scene behind me
PW SCAMMERS SKYPE:mendax_mad, alexdevmmo
Im looking for Lune of Eden working binary or sourcecode. pick me on skype:Spoiler:
Beautiful good morning to all of about 3 weeks ago I had some problems
and now all I have to start again only one error but can not do anything further is the version to low the Gshop is completely empty and has the correct timestamp maybe someone can help me?
and here my game 1 log click me
I will do my best...