Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Find TaskEdit Pw_ v-28818.cfg

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Find TaskEdit Pw_ v-28818.cfg
Plase share:):

File Tasks

Last edited:
Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Steps for removing "tasks.data encryption"
Step 1: Find the task count inside the first few lines of the file, Often servers like EPW will change them to a crazy large number that their client can recognize like 8532958328928, start at a number like 15000 then go up by increments of 10k until the file will not open with an error (this means you made the number exceed the total amount of tasks datachunks in the file) and you need to then reduce the number and raise it trial and error until you have the exact number of tasks correct in the file. This is how i discovered that EPW has 17548 individual tasks as of v60 and i fixed the task count and opened their file

Step 2: if this does not work, they have altered the version number of the file too, restore this version number in the hex data based on what version of the game the file is from, if you don't know it check their elements.data or just look inside the elementclient. If you want specific offsets and generally what version numbers location is in the file go look at top of the file its usually there in hex data

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Any guides to open elements.data of EPW?:thumbup1::thumbup1::thumbup1:
a few lists are padded with fake data and shuffled around, as well as a few other things. If you are familiar with proper element structs for said version and have a copy of a hex comparison tool you can see the changes.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
a few lists are padded with fake data and shuffled around, as well as a few other things. If you are familiar with proper element structs for said version and have a copy of a hex comparison tool you can see the changes.
I dont understand. Can you decryption this elements.data? thanks you!

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
I have no tutorial to offer... I have a lot of experience with exploring elements.data via hex... The lists are not missing anything nor are they swapped anywhere... There are about 700-800 bytes at the end of list 59 and the beginning of list 60 that was encrypted... i just copied the bytes from another elements.data and pasted over it... Had to manually determine the list count of list 60 since that bit was encrypted...

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
I have no tutorial to offer... I have a lot of experience with exploring elements.data via hex... The lists are not missing anything nor are they swapped anywhere... There are about 700-800 bytes at the end of list 59 and the beginning of list 60 that was encrypted... i just copied the bytes from another elements.data and pasted over it... Had to manually determine the list count of list 60 since that bit was encrypted...

So in that specific file a list count was spoofed to be some massive or negative number? You cannot 'encrypt' a .data file you can only change bits of it to make it unreadable by tools but readable by client. If I plugged my elements structure template onto that file you speak of I could determine what was changed in those 700 to 800 bytes at the end of list 59.
Different servers who buy different types of 'encryption' will have different modifications to the files. EpicPW might have one type and others might have another. The specific example I unencrypted had blank data inserted around the middle of the file and two of the lists swapped offsets as to where they began.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
It's not hard to hex compare the 2 files to see exactly what I did... Offsets were not effected...

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Just was saying other encrypted ones which are not from EPW have a different style of protection. EPW's encryption which you handled with may be different. I am saying they aren't the same encryption/protection and that is why you experienced different results than me.

And I will compare them and see what the 700 to 800 bytes were in EPW's.

Last edited:
Elite Diviner
Reaction score
EPW's encryption changes according to the version of the editor they are using... Lately they store user names allowed to edit in the offsets and they encrypt the item count for the first 20 or 40 lists... I've already gone over that in the eledit I released...

Back