Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

v1.5.5 Client Downgraded and Translated

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Wrechid - v1.5.5 Client Downgraded and Translated - RaGEZONE Forums

I've been tinkering with the idea of downgrading the current v1.5.7 public client... I was wanting to use the new fashion, flyers, mounts, etc... It was easier than I expected... I went the extra mile, and got the new maps working too... The new maps do not have npcs or mobs due to no server side npcgen.data files, but was still fun exploring the new maps... Then I heard how the Chinese client was ahead of ARC's, so i grabbed a copy of there client and tried downgrading it... Come to find out, they are on version 1.6.0... And yes they are in the process of creating 2 new toons... Just to clarify, this is still a v1.5.5 client... The new skills, gs file, or anything aipolicy related does not work... All of the maps are able to be explored, most of the new fashion, mounts, and flyers do work... Most of the new quests work too... I have the whole storyline quest-chain for Neverfall currently working in my server... Had to make a few adjustments, but it does work...

This is a v1.6.0 (2018-09-04 build 2727) Chinese client downgraded (and translated using ARC's 1.5.7 client) down to v1.5.5... You'll need to have a working v1.5.5 server already setup... I tested using v1.5.5 server setup...

I modified paths in the elements.data file due to having to move the new models2 data to another pck file... Moved models2 data to textures.pck, and moved models2/players back to models.pck... To give models.pck a little more breathing room I moved a few npc models to textures.pck with models2 data... So in a nut shell, this elements.data will have to stay with the client... It can be modified, anyway you want...

The Chinese copy of litmodels.pck was at max size, so I cleaned out 12k of unused bmd files reducing its size by half a gb...

I tried keeping everything official as possible... Only custom thing I added, was the npc in west archo allowing you to explore the new maps... I created new precinct and region files for server side from ALL of the v1.6.0 maps... Created new server side world_targets which will fix all of the new teleport points... Partly translated the Chinese gshops just for kicks... Tasks.data is downgraded, but English only to where 1.5.7 client left off... Removed some title quests from tasks.data related to a91, due to causing server error... Also removed quest that kicks you out of a91 when closed...
SETUP :
Extract the server files...
Set your ip in serverlist.txt client side...
Start the new maps accordingly server side...

New maps beyond v1.5.5 :

is78 is79 is84 is85 is86 is87
is88 is89 is90 is91 is93 is94
is95 is96 is97 is98

I learned a lot from this whole process, and really enjoy playing with the files... If anything you could extract bits from it and do what ever...

PS : Map a97 looks amazing... Perfect World really out done them selves on that one... I can't wait to see it in a fully functional state... :)

--UPDATE--
Downgraded the client using English v1.6.2 (ARC's)... Moved npcs folder from models.pck to textures.pck... The paths have been adjusted in elements.data...

elements.data downgraded from v233...

--UPDATE--
===================
RAM Required for all maps without players -> 16 GB

I have fixed many of the errors that have been brought to my attention, and also added multiple hex edits... Use my NPC in West Archo to explore the new maps... These new maps have no npcs and mobs since I do not have the official npcgens...

I do not like using pwadmin or other tools to start and stop the server so I use a custom script that can also be used via crontab and/or while dev/debugging...
Using my server control file you can start and stop the server with many other features...
For example: start and stop triggers, add cubi, start and stop individual maps, check
server status, export and import roles, and more... Within the terminal at any prompt
type "server" for more info...

Hex Fixes to GS, GAMEDBD, GDELIVERYD bins, and elementclient.exe
monster spawn fix
wallow exp rate fix, current exp rate at x1 in gs.conf
ptemplate fix
disabled mole
GM only debug console
max 2 billion coins
edit max digits in interfaces

Server side paths have been fixed, you can put the server files in any dir... Server control file and PWAdmin will be the only ones where paths will need to be adjusted in settings...

pwAdmin
Added new maps to pwadmin

Enabled Nation Wars
Added custom npc in West Archo to enter new maps
Enabled forges in Warsong

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Error:

×ÊÔ´¸ùĿ¼:'/home/gamed/config/world/'Create grid: 800*800 with step 25.000000Grid Region: {-10000.00,-10000.00} - {10000.00,10000.00}Local Region: {-4096.00,-5632.00} - {4096.00,5632.00}Inner Region: {-10000.00,-10000.00} - {10000.00,10000.00}¼ÓÔصØͼ×ÊÔ´, servername:gs01 base_path:/home/gamed/config/world/ mapres_type:0¼ÓÔØ'/home/gamed/config/world/map.bht'Íê³ÉÖ÷µØͼһ¹²ÓÐ20559¸ö¹ÖÎïÇøÓòÁ¬½ÓÔ¶³ÌÓÎÏ··þÎñÆ÷:'arena01'£¬Ê¹ÓÃUNIX·½Ê½:/tmp/gssock_arena01Á¬½ÓÔ¶³ÌÓÎÏ··þÎñÆ÷:'arena02'£¬Ê¹ÓÃUNIX·½Ê½:/tmp/gssock_arena02Á¬½ÓÔ¶³ÌÓÎÏ··þÎñÆ÷:'arena03'£¬Ê¹ÓÃUNIX·½Ê½:/tmp/gssock_arena03Á¬½ÓÔ¶³ÌÓÎÏ··þÎñÆ÷:'arena04'£¬Ê¹ÓÃUNIX·½Ê½:/tmp/gssock_arena04Á¬½ÓÔ¶³ÌÓÎÏ

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
That's not enough information to work with...

Did the server work prior to adding the new maps...?

Did you add the new info to the gs.conf and gsalias.conf properly...?

Did you add the map related files to /configs/ folder...?

Are you starting the maps properly...?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
All information has been added successfully, but I put the .data from the client to the server it starts to drop all the maps and reporting those error above.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
I've test run it several times... But everyone sets up their server a little differently... Best I can think of is slowly add the new settings and files test loading as you go... Usually if there was something wrong with the data files the gs wouldn't load what so ever...

Another thing, I do not use a admin panel to control the server... In this case I wouldn't use an admin panel until you have a working setup...

The last update from v1.6.2 to v1.5.5, i noticed a lot of problems where the client started crashing due to incorrect paths in dynamicobjects.data... I moved the whole folder "npcs" from models.pck to textures.pck, and forgot to make the adjustments in dynamicobjects.data... Instead of re downloading the whole client, i'm just going to post a separate link in OP with the fix... This will also have the v230 elements.data downgraded to v156 fixed to work on THIS client... I adjusted the paths from "models2\npcs" -> "textures\models2\npcs" and "models\npcs" -> "textures\models2\npcs"...

Last edited by a moderator:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Can I use this as a client on your PW 155 Out of the Box?

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Yup, it should work on any v1.5.5 (v156 elements.data) server... i included the needed server files...

I'm in the process of fixing the crash in 1k streams... its dynamicobject.data problem... i need to move all of the dynobject models back to default location...

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
@HyperSin

It appears that i have already fixed the 1k stream crash issue in the separate download labeled FIX ONLY (in the OP)... Just drop the files on top of the old... i didn't want everyone to have to re-download the full client so i just added the files needed...

I just tested again using my Out-of-the-Box server and it worked great...

Night Gaming Network
Reaction score
i already did the fix but maybe it dint work, ill try again

thr 1k error has not been fixed, it still crashes, checked your fix and it only includes configs pck and elements.data

Going back to regular 1.5.5 client, ty tho

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
ARC finally released v1.6.2 so i downgraded the english version... This time i am including the 1.5.5 server...
Just extract the server on your preferred os... i tested using debian 8... i also added the new maps and item icons to pwadmin...
this is NOT ready to go full open with... its only meant so that you can look at the new maps, fashion, mounts, flyers, etc...
PW made a lot of changes, like removed the unique rewards and just auto deliver the rewards... also removed the first genie quest and put a genie on all new toons in clsconfig... those are just a few things i noticed that would need fixing in order to go full open with...
Note: if you aren't familiar with the "Paramount" genie, it looks interesting... ;)
links updated in OP...

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
@beyastard

It's possible, pw released this one as Twilight Temple Revisted in 1.6.0... Map a97...

Night Gaming Network
Reaction score
downloading :)

is there a difference in the client aswell or just server?

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Changes that I can think of in the server:

Added new maps (blank npcgens)
updated all region and precinct files from client
Updated world_targets from client
Modified all index values in gs.conf
added downgraded elements.data and tasks.data

Probably more, but that's the bulk of it... :)

As for client differences from the Chinese and English 1.6.2, i used the same process to downgrade, with the exception of not having to translate or use 1.6.0 files to get a working copy in English...

Last edited:
Night Gaming Network
Reaction score
ok cool

please redo the client with pwis client because this one is full of bugs, im currently converting, in starting map doing the quest "The maidens summon crashes the client, going to 1k crashes client, im going to use the 1.6.2 client with the parts from this client here

Back