Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

BetterPW Project - A complete graphical and gameplay overhaul.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I've started working on a complete graphic and gameplay overhaul for PW.

Here is what is being worked on:

- BetterLaunch: This is a launcher with more options, its coded in the style of Blizzard's Battle.net client and allows to use a single launcher for multiple servers, complete with optional updating of every server. (It also shows shop deals etc in the launcher for every server). 80% done.

- BetterUI: A modern login, character selection, creation and game UI in a clean style with a bit of TERA feel to it. Also includes a modern and completely reworked loading system. 30% done.

Rizzah - BetterPW Project - A complete graphical and gameplay overhaul. - RaGEZONE Forums

- BetterCities: This is by far my favorite, it makes cities feel more alive with walking npc's, playing children, more decorations, better and more realistic placement of NPC's. 40% done.

- BetterGameplay: This is my experience from other MMO's kicking in and adding some features I thought we really needed such as Meeting stones at dungeons that teleport your party instead of a teleporting stone (WoW). Also changes the FB19 dungeons to event dungeons for Christmas, Halloween, etc and much more. 60% done.

Much more screenshots and stuff coming soon! Taking tips and idea's for this project. When all is ready they will be publicly released.

NOTE: When released some of these files might remove some other functionality from the game that I did not agree with. (For example: Item Mall Auction system) These can always be put back by simply re-adding the button in the interfaces menu.

RiZZaH

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey, looks like an amazing project. Looks really nice so far. Will that be for free?

Yes, this will be free with placeholders, meaning my logos won't be in etc.

Should make 2 versions one with all options and one with removed + this for pw 1.5.3?

Might be a lot of work to seperate stuff, but I'll definitely give support to people wanting something reversed. And yes it's 1.5.3, but most of the stuff such as UI, login, launcher are usable in other versions.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thats awesome rizzah. Thats is released for free or paid version?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Depends what you need, I can do some stuff.

Basically all the server files I'm editing for this is the npcgen and few map files.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Can you explain into detail what all you are changing graphically and anything to do with Angelica? Also if you want financial support on this project of yours setup a patreon or FundMe I'd gladly help.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Can you explain into detail what all you are changing graphically and anything to do with Angelica? Also if you want financial support on this project of yours setup a patreon or FundMe I'd gladly help.

Thanks for your interest, I'm going to make a reply here soon with a lot more information. I've made quite some progress since.

I'll answer in depth everything I'm updating and have already.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Is this project still alive? I think it's the coolest thing I've ever seen.

Back