Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Development of a PWE-Style MMO

I are an engineer
Reaction score
The Aurora Engine has been in development for quite a while now and is designed to be fairly compatible with the Angelica Engine. Of course, it has some features that Angelica doesn't but many that it does. Work continues almost daily upon it but everyday real life comes first. The engine is written in C++ and compatibility for Linux and Android are being implemented as well as Windows. Currently, very little server side code has been written as the focus has been on the game engine. A simple debugging demo is below on the current state of the Aurora Engine.

Another test of the engine using world files...

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
The engine looks amazing. But part of perfect worlds charm and re-playability is the current class's appearance. People have been long since begging for PW with upgraded graphics/physics as well as just a less crappy system than .ecm .ski .bon .stck .act etc. Perfect World the game itself is a very good game, but its engine unfortunately is not.

Plus one of my main allures to the game still is the visuals. Enjoy alot making fashion and ini then PKing. The PVP is fun and the characters are cute. but the engine is just not all there.

What you've done looks amazing as far as improvements and similarity however I'd definitely miss the player models and their hundreds of fashion pieces if this was to turn into a full scale project or game.

I are an engineer
Reaction score
The engine does have support for FBX meshes and OBJ format will be added as well. Other support in alpha uses the nVidia PhysX library as well as IK (inverse kinematics). There is still a lot to be done and it has a long way to go...

Reaction score
What dose this has to do with Perfect World Development?

Well it looks like to me that it is an attempt at recreating the perfect world engine, thus it has to do with the perfect world game. Since it is not a release, but instead showcasing current progress it is where it belongs, the Development section.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Well it looks like to me that it is an attempt at recreating the perfect world engine, thus it has to do with the perfect world game. Since it is not a release, but instead showcasing current progress it is where it belongs, the Development section.

What would be the benefit for us in perfect world section when hes not sharing a tool or source code of this doing?
And since when the development section of perfect world has become a show case? I am sure we don't have that section at lest not here.

I believe on of the mods should move this to showcase here:
http://forum.ragezone.com/f86/

Or the poster to update his post.

And i dont want to be mean or anything but anyone could take the dlls in pw and make C# or C++ warper and call it his engine ... but then again this is other discution is just wrong section.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
@beyastard Looking great sir!
Keep up the good work and disregard the irrelevant hater :laugh:

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I am not a hater is just that is not right, i can do what he did with unity in 3 seconds. But that's not the point again. I just want this topic to be moved where it fits his work

PVE != Perfect world

New Engine != Angelica

Don't care what it does i care if it can do something for me int this case Perfect World.

I request a mood to remove this Biesmen Future GhostSnyper

Super-Moderator
Staff member
Super-Moderator
Reaction score
We've checked out the thread and we think the best place for this thread is the section it is in at this moment. Even though the game is not Perfect World, it is related to Perfect World and the audience that is interested in this project are in this section.

A development section is a showcase section. You show what you are developing to the others so they can check it out and possibly rate it or provide any form of feedback. It would be greatly appreciated if a development thread would eventually get released for the public, though.

Anyway, I hope we answered your question here, @LegalSin.

p/s I do recommend you to use the 'Report' button next time, there's a chance we do not respond to mentions if it's not an emergency. The current moderator ( cmb ) is perfectly capable of helping you out in this situation as well and he can always forward your requests to us if necessary :)

I are an engineer
Reaction score
For what it's worth, the overall goal is as jv90 has stated in her first post; to create a custom version of PWI with downward compatibility supporting all of the game data files. Also, this line of development will, eventually, evolve into useful tools for existing files. One goal is to create a world editor. This project is not written as a wrapper around any DLLs but from the ground up. In time, as the project continues, there will be tools released. In a nutshell, this thread was created to update those interested in the progress of this project. If someone believes they can do the same in a minute or less, put your money where your mouth is and show us. I will only release tools/demos if, and only if, they are ready. The only thing currently nearing completion for release will be plugins for 3dsmax for exporting custom models, skins, bones, etc for use in PWI (though they can also be used in other Angelica based games.

Back