Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Any ideas? downgrade MOXTVersion ecm, gfx v1.6.2+.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
1 - PWServer 1.6.2+ have more beautiful fashions, flyers, mounts, but it's not work in server 1.5.5. I try to use sMODfix and not work too. How can we get new items in 1.6.2+ in server 1.5.5?

2 - How to make Cross Server work in 1.5.5 server?

3 - Can anyone unpack pck files in W2i newest client?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
For cross server try
For unpack w2i or maybe this

I don't know if these will solve your problem, just letting you know you can try these
As for MOTX, it is possible to downgrade them to work in 1.5.5, but I don't know how

Upvote 0
Elite Diviner
Reaction score
WinPCK v1.33 mostly translated to English... This one will read and write the new pck structure where kn1fe's will only read...

Upvote 0
I are an engineer
Reaction score
The original WinPCK project is located here:

and the latest release is here:

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Seems like we have tried the same thing here. I tried importing all fliers with ID < 65535 into 343's PW 1.5.5 client. Some worked, some didn't and can equip the flier but no 3D model shows. An example of one that works is "Rippling Butterfly" where the ECM file has MOXTVersion 67, and example of one that doesn't work is Silver Butterfly where the ECM file has MOXTVersion 71.

My guess was that is the problem, the 1.5.5 client doesn't support newer ECM files, but anyone have any reliable info on this? Or tried to downconvert graphics files back to work with 1.5.5? Is it just the ECM files that are "too new" or are we going to run into problems with SMD, STCK, BON, SKI, etc?

Another odd thing, not sure what to make of this, but even the fliers that work (e.g. Rippling Butterfly) look less shiny than on real PW. Pershaps some kind of graphics effects aren't supported in 1.5.5?

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
So I've been working on this for a week, trying to backport fliers from current PW into 1.5.5, yes its possible. There's a lot more to it than just modifying the ECM file. You need to:
1) Copy the whole folder from models.pck for the flier
2) The ECM files also reference various .gfx files for the sparkly/glowy effects around the flier, so you need to also copy those across from gfx.pck
3) Some newer ECM files are MOXTVersion: 71, 1.5.5 only supports 67. To downgrade these, remove lines that say "AudioEventGroupEnable: 1", "ParticleBonesCount: 0" and "GfxUseFixedPoint: 0" and then obviously change the version number on the 1st line.
4) Some new SMD files are version 9, 1.5.5 only supports 8. Downgrading these isn't difficult, as the only change I could find is an additional 4 byte value in the actions array (so each array entry is action name, start frame, end frame, new value, animation filename). Couldn't find any documentation on this but its straightforward.
5) Some new STCK files are version 2, 1.5.5 only supports 1. This is the really hard one, because version 2 a) stores the segment data completely differently, and b) can "compress" quaternions by leaving off the w value, which you then calculate by making the quartenion unit length given the x, y, z values. The code to read both version 1 and version 2 is in the angelica 2.2 source code which is kicking around here. Looking at enough examples of v1 files and v2 files you can figure out how to write the old style segment data.
6) (new one added) Some SKI files have version 101 instead of version 9? No idea why the huge jump, or what the supposed difference actually is. All I did to fix these was open the file with a hex editor and changed the version byte back to 9 and that worked X.X

1703813757355 - Any ideas? downgrade MOXTVersion ecm, gfx v1.6.2+. - RaGEZONE Forums
1703813818064 - Any ideas? downgrade MOXTVersion ecm, gfx v1.6.2+. - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
So I've been working on this for a week, trying to backport fliers from current PW into 1.5.5, yes its possible. There's a lot more to it than just modifying the ECM file. You need to:
1) Copy the whole folder from models.pck for the flier
2) The ECM files also reference various .gfx files for the sparkly/glowy effects around the flier, so you need to also copy those across from gfx.pck
3) Some newer ECM files are MOXTVersion: 71, 1.5.5 only supports 67. To downgrade these, remove lines that say "AudioEventGroupEnable: 1", "ParticleBonesCount: 0" and "GfxUseFixedPoint: 0" and then obviously change the version number on the 1st line.
4) Some new SMD files are version 9, 1.5.5 only supports 8. Downgrading these isn't difficult, as the only change I could find is an additional 4 byte value in the actions array (so each array entry is action name, start frame, end frame, new value, animation filename). Couldn't find any documentation on this but its straightforward.
5) Some new STCK files are version 2, 1.5.5 only supports 1. This is the really hard one, because version 2 a) stores the segment data completely differently, and b) can "compress" quaternions by leaving off the w value, which you then calculate by making the quartenion unit length given the x, y, z values. The code to read both version 1 and version 2 is in the angelica 2.2 source code which is kicking around here. Looking at enough examples of v1 files and v2 files you can figure out how to write the old style segment data.

View attachment 253957View attachment 253958
You lost me around step 4, especially step 5, can you give more details please?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Back