Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Perfect World Open Source Emulator

Angelemu founder
Reaction score
ill check, wait a sec..

seems they added a new map so they needed to include the scaling in client

some few bytes in the key changed, like i already suspected.
The dev server is running again.
Please note that it contains a beta of the login phase now, it will lock up your client somewhere close before "Enter World" and you need to kill it with task manager.

wohoo, just noticed i put a nice "NotImplementedException" on the attempt to close the socket, gonna comment something out...

ok its up and running again.

Last edited:
Nerd-IO
Loyal Member
Reaction score
You do an impressive work... I would help you to speedup the work but unfortunatly I don't have any knowledges in C# and .Net development. :(:

I can be only a tester to see what's working or not.

Why you don't do a "ToDo" list also? To see on what you work what is remaining. :):

Last edited:
[B]aSH
Loyal Member
Reaction score
We have a selfmade tool that works for sniffing ANY server. Its Version independent and you can specify the target server via start parameter:thumbup:

We develop for Windows, because the environment is easy to setup for anyone that wants to help. It is faster if you have tons of librarys to use.
The other thing is, that its going to be a FULL emulator. Trying to exchange parts of the working stuff is just stupid because you have:
1. double work because you need the internal server protocol/rpc supported.
2. the current server is outdated in almost every manner (gs, glink, gamedbd). authd may be the only thing that is still usable. But its that small that it doesnt really matter if you code it new or not.

We want stuff that is more easy to admin, like editing a character, making custom event scripts, import newer maps etc. The internal data storage will be made to use as many client files as possible. This will include at least tasks.data, elements.data and of course gshop.data.

To make it short: we dont want to rely on those damn binaries. They will be source of information for hard coded formulas etc, but thats all.

The conditions to join are very low in my opinion.
1. You have to prove to be able to provide something useful
1. You need to provide an easy way to be contacted, msn or icq prefered.

From what I have been reading you guys are steps ahead now and I see about the packet sniffing very well done so far. I am experienced in C# but right now I am very busy designing my own game as well as administrating PW Vendetta so my time would not be as useful for you guys and I dont want to but in and give promises I may not be able to deliver but saying that I will come along and review coding and put in my input etc to see if my knowledge may help.

But again big props on this so far you guys are doing awesome.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I Have knowledge in C# and .NET, just I never did nothing related with Server Emulators, I already did a Login System in webpage for AION Emu in Cryptography hash, but I work with C# and .NET in my work. What I can be userful in this project?Maybe I can learn about protocols and packets or Help in database development Im experient with MySQl and SQL Server.

Black Magic Development
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I Have knowledge in C# and .NET, just I never did nothing related with Server Emulators, I already did a Login System in webpage for AION Emu in Cryptography hash, but I work with C# and .NET in my work. What I can be userful in this project?Maybe I can learn about protocols and packets or Help in database development Im experient with MySQl and SQL Server.

You'd probably be useful, the most difficult part of server emu development is reverse engineering it

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I have a question. I thought about a utility for the emulator that would work well, and the customer's date with his perfect World elements.data, gshop.data, tasks.data, etc.. I'd make a download of data from file .data of my client for my server emu. For example, if this information is getting into the database of the emulator utility could read the files .data of the client and update the database of the emulator for the server side to keep up. For so having information always updated for new versions on the Emulator. do not know if I have explained well, but what I know is what people have used to read the files .data such as the application in editing and elements.data gshop.data. How was the data interpretation, or class library which was used? Agluém could answer me so I can start to perform some tests with C #?

Angelemu founder
Reaction score
The emulator is supposed to run directly from client elements,tasks etc. An automatich download of these may be not wished by the server adminstrators later, because it should be their decision what stuff they use and what not (e.g. manipulating shops).

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
The biggest advantage of an emulator for Perfect World, plus the new classes will surely manipulation of databases, you can upgrade the character's inventory, clans, insert item by mail without having to make the bank in Java (which is otherwise "fragile ").

I support an investment apartir half of the ongoing project, it is not easy, and there are few people really interested in helping. But can not stop as pwemu not left the pencil and paper.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
In the interest of truth is PWEmu for money. Here's the response they sent me when I asked if the project would go public.
ME: "The final work of the emulator will be released or not? If not, what is the purpose of the project? If yes, what is the means of disclosure that you will use? Ragezone forum or on the forum having a project meeting on public access?"

PWEMU: "Project is developing for sponsors. It'll not be released for public."

Ie the project is not stopped they're just earning money for paid with this, in my opinion they left the community which is very sad. But AngelEMU renews the hopes of the community from my point of view. Since I can not help with code as I read in previous answers, because much is already being done by our friends, I offer myself to test so much as I did with AION EMU. I enjoyed working as a tester for AION EMU and I'm sure I can help a lot in Angelic Emulator. Tbnanubis Congrats on the great work!

Angelemu founder
Reaction score
In the interest of truth is PWEmu for money. Here's the response they sent me when I asked if the project would go public.
ME: "The final work of the emulator will be released or not? If not, what is the purpose of the project? If yes, what is the means of disclosure that you will use? Ragezone forum or on the forum having a project meeting on public access?"

PWEMU: "Project is developing for sponsors. It'll not be released for public."

Ie the project is not stopped they're just earning money for paid with this, in my opinion they left the community which is very sad. But AngelEMU renews the hopes of the community from my point of view. Since I can not help with code as I read in previous answers, because much is already being done by our friends, I offer myself to test so much as I did with AION EMU. I enjoyed working as a tester for AION EMU and I'm sure I can help a lot in Angelic Emulator. Tbnanubis Congrats on the great work!

Thats where the intention came from to finally start this thing. First i asked at pwemu if they still need developers, then they ansewered they need nothing but sponsors.
I said: well we can talk about it. Then followed some information exchange about their funding stuff which resulted in:
"if you are alone in your country minimum 600€ per BUILD which come around every month, less if there are more"

So my answer was: Go die greedy bastard and burn in hell, I make an own emu project which will be free for everyone, just to see them fail with their poop. Since it seemed the person i talked to didn't really care i started making it real.

Maybe it works and finally ppl stop selling stuff for pw which should be free to everyone.

Reaction score
Not only pw, all software needs to be like that. Create additional services (such as hosted things)to make money not from the software (as people can just pirate it anyway)

I couldn't possibly agree more! I have been saying this for quite some time now... That the only way something you 'create' can be 100% secure... is to NOT release it; whether it be audio, a program, a video etc... People need to stop relying on these things as a main revenue generator since they are and should be freely shared. If you're a musician, your music should be freely distributable for personal 'media' like an MP3 player etc... Musicians should rely on their main source of revenue being live shows. Actors/movies and the like, same thing; they should rely on theater as their main source of revenue (not copies of their movies meant for personal/home viewing). Same exact thing with software/programming; they should rely on physical services as a main revenue stream.

Black Magic Development
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I couldn't possibly agree more! I have been saying this for quite some time now... That the only way something you 'create' can be 100% secure... is to NOT release it; whether it be audio, a program, a video etc... People need to stop relying on these things as a main revenue generator since they are and should be freely shared. If you're a musician, your music should be freely distributable for personal 'media' like an MP3 player etc... Musicians should rely on their main source of revenue being live shows. Actors/movies and the like, same thing; they should rely on theater as their main source of revenue (not copies of their movies meant for personal/home viewing). Same exact thing with software/programming; they should rely on physical services as a main revenue stream.

Well music artists can thank the pennies they get on album/song sales from the labels for that... but yes pretty much same damn concept

I have kind of seen that as a trend that keeps popping up, people stop giving a damn about copies made anymore (piracy being used as an excuse for companies not making money is coming up less as they get smarter about how to make money). Minecraft is an amazing example of that, the creator doesn't give a crap about how many people 'pirate' it, they buy it simply for the fact that doing so allows them access to multiplayer and in support of the creator. (And I am one of them as well, pirated it first to try it and bought it in under an hour)

Angelemu founder
Reaction score
Ok, a friend of mine will be making the basic database stuff. We will get rid of the stored procedures, as it makes the database choice possibilities wider for later server administrators. He will implement it over odbc, which will be also available under linux with great speed. You can choose any database to connect to, including MySQL, MSSQL, PostGreSQL, Sqlserver Compact Database, and even Excel Tables (i lol'd as he said this)
This should cover all that an administrator could wish, for performance the wise choice would be mssql for windows and mysql for linux if you run everything on the same machine. The Excel stuff may be for testing purpose

Reaction score
:$: why all this time, now i see this topic was here

or maybe i late to get information :blush:

ok i know this is good

and i don't have any ability about programing, so i will be your tester if you give a permit :blush:

Angelemu founder
Reaction score
sure anyone can test things out once they are implemented, i try to keep an actual build running on the server 188.40.48.211:29000
There is still stuff to find out about the enter_world packets before this will work nearly accurate

Angelemu founder
Reaction score
if the time comes, and the special forum is done, i will post jobs for sniffing and/or analyzing specific packets that are needed for the next development steps

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
If I create useful forums/joomla site for the project.

Back