Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Perfect World Open Source Emulator

Genesis?Is it a new drug?
Reaction score
My friend Nikolas, he's one of the bests in Linux and PHP I ever seen. I saw all his jobs, it's very good. If you need, he can help in Linux and PHP area.

Angelemu founder
Reaction score
the forum is up and running now,

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I am very interested by the project and join dev team
I have posted on your forum project and if you need more details about me contact me

Reaction score
I can help you out maybe.

I know how the client is written, I know the login HMAC / RC4 key exchange procedures, and can help with some coding and packet sniffing.

I code in Delphi, but I do know assembler and a bit of C#. Just hit me with a pm if you need anything.

Cheers.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi Staff, What you using to apply reverse engineering in Perfect World Client? To Protocol I using Wireshark I start try this today, now I will try a Disassembler to client, what tool you are using?

Black Magic Development
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Hi Staff, What you using to apply reverse engineering in Perfect World Client? To Protocol I using Wireshark I start try this today, now I will try a Disassembler to client, what tool you are using?

More then likely all he is using is Wireshark for packet sniffing (I love Wireshark as well) and OllyDbg or something similar to disassemble if he needs to

Nerd-IO
Loyal Member
Reaction score
They use their own PacketSniffer ... :mellow:

Black Magic Development
Loyal Member
Reaction score
They use their own PacketSniffer ... :mellow:

No need... Wireshark has amazing filtering abilities for things like that...

(ip.src_host == pwisomething.perfectworld.com || ip.dst_host == pwisomething.perfectworld.com) && tcp.port == 29000

I used something similar to figure out what needed to be sent to the server

(ip.src == 192.168.1.10 || ip.dst == 192.168.1.10) && tcp.port == 29000

Reaction score
Yeah, but this wouldn't help ya. Client -> Server traffic is Encrypted by ARC4, and Server -> Client is Encrypted and then Compressed with MPPC (8 kb buffer).

Wireshark on it's own wouldn't tell you anything.

Edit : @EndyBH : I use IDA Pro (make sure you have hex rays dissasm). Alternativle, yes, ollydbg is a good alternative. Heck, even CE's built in debuggers isnt that bad :)

I miss SiCe, but hey, that died with nt systems...

Cheers

Last edited:
Angelemu founder
Reaction score
That is the reason why we have our own sniffer (which is also available for public).
Maybe i get some time to build a filter function for that, but if you have nice text editors (notepad++ or similar) you can easily navigate and/or filter the produced log files.
They include the full packet data each line a packet with info on which direction it was sniffed. You can easily find Q/A sequences this way.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Get it from the repo. You can find a link at

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Below, follow a class to create hash, I found in a Article than I readed in Internet and I'm using to record passwords with Cryptography SHA1 in AION Control Panel. I Just dont remember the Author Name. I hope than can be someone utility.

/// <summary>
/// Enumerator with types class for criation Hash.
/// </summary>
public enum HashProvider
{
/// <summary>
/// Compute a hash SHA1 for data.
/// </summary>
SHA1,
/// <summary>
/// Compute a hash SHA256 for Data.
/// </summary>
SHA256,
/// <summary>
/// Compute a hash SHA384 for Data.
/// </summary>
SHA384,
/// <summary>
/// Compute a hash SHA512 hash for Data.
/// </summary>
SHA512,

MD5
}
public class Hash
{
#region Private members
private HashAlgorithm _algorithm;
#endregion

#region Constructors

public Hash()
{
_algorithm = new SHA1Managed();
}

public Hash(HashProvider hashProvider)
{
switch (hashProvider)
{
case HashProvider.MD5:
_algorithm = new MD5CryptoServiceProvider();
break;
case HashProvider.SHA1:
_algorithm = new SHA1Managed();
break;
case HashProvider.SHA256:
_algorithm = new SHA256Managed();
break;
case HashProvider.SHA384:
_algorithm = new SHA384Managed();
break;
case HashProvider.SHA512:
_algorithm = new SHA512Managed();
break;
}
}
#endregion

#region Public methods
public string GetHash(string plainText)
{
byte[] cryptoByte = _algorithm.ComputeHash(ASCIIEncoding.ASCII.GetBytes(plainText));

return Convert.ToBase64String(cryptoByte, 0, cryptoByte.Length);
}
public string GetHash(FileStream fileStream)
{
byte[] cryptoByte;

cryptoByte = _algorithm.ComputeHash(fileStream);
fileStream.Close();

return Convert.ToBase64String(cryptoByte, 0, cryptoByte.Length);
}
#endregion
}

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Stranger, Somebody said than the Authentication of the PW was SHA1, Ok forget about this, I will continue trying.XD

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
it looks like the project is inactive now or something no one has been here in 3 weeks

Angelemu founder
Reaction score
it looks like the project is inactive now or something no one has been here in 3 weeks

As i have very few time at the moment and there is still the max_packet_size problem and some missing stuff in the enter_world packet there will not be much progress soon.
As there is spreading more and more information on previously unknown stuff (as the 1.2.6 elem structs) there will be much progress when login stuff is done.
The DB part is now officially in development since the person who does it has time now. If you want to contribute something, get the source, understand it and suggest fixes :wink:

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
ok i will look at it i cant say i can contribute programming wise cause i only know little programming but i can try oh and does the current version of this connect to the latest patch pwi client? it dont seem to be working for me say something about version dont match

good luck with this i really hope you succeed where everyone else has failed to try im sure with everyone assisting on this it will come alive im 100% sure this will be s success.

Last edited:
Angelemu founder
Reaction score
ill check and update the hash tomorrow, maybe i just forget to upload the change...

Back